Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
I never said he was going to be moved..... what I said was he’s not a real untouchable to the team

if he retires after this season how is he untouchable to the team? He just won’t get moved cause who he is
That’s not a real untouchable but hey you can choose to believe he is

I bet if a team offered a 1st ++ not many would be behind rejecting

or am I wrong there too?
It’s also possible, because of his NMC, that he has told the team he will not move and this is a signal to other teams not bother.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Orrrrrrr it could be as simple as Rinne is untouchable because he was a big part of Nashville's *past*, and that there's just a wee bit more to this business than just trading whoever for whatever. Getting, say, a 3rd for a declining goaltender does precious little for a franchise, while showing loyalty to & abiding by the wishes of an iconic player sends all the right messages to players, staff & fans alike

Call it something else if you'd like, but the end result is the same ~ the player stays put

Anddddd it's not like the Predators don't have lots of other pieces they can sell for valuable futures, should they decide to do so. And here we are, quibbling over *this*....

Reactions: wintersej

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
*Sees we’re still debating the definition of “untouchable*

zGHQb4O.gif

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Orrrrrrr it could be as simple as Rinne is untouchable because he was a big part of Nashville's *past*, and that there's just a wee bit more to this business than just trading whoever for whatever. Getting, say, a 3rd for a declining goaltender does precious little for a franchise, while showing loyalty to & abiding by the wishes of an iconic player sends all the right messages to players, staff & fans alike

Call it something else if you'd like, but the end result is the same ~ the player stays put

Anddddd it's not like the Predators don't have lots of other pieces they can sell for valuable futures, should they decide to do so. And here we are, quibbling over *this*....
This. If Rinne isn't available, it is likely because he doesn't want to leave Nashville and the team is respecting that.

Reactions: Mal Reynolds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad