Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I never said he was going to be moved..... what I said was he’s not a real untouchable to the team

if he retires after this season how is he untouchable to the team? He just won’t get moved cause who he is
That’s not a real untouchable but hey you can choose to believe he is

I bet if a team offered a 1st ++ not many would be behind rejecting

or am I wrong there too?

Josi is untouchable too. Until McDavid and Draisaitl are offered for him. I don’t know why this is still a thing. He’s untouchable because he’s not worth much, has a partial NMC, has given no indication he wants to be traded and is more valuable retiring as a career Pred than whatever pick we would get for him. That’s it. Not difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Untouchale means you wouldnt accept a trade no matter what the offer is.

By that definition it is impossible for anyone to be untouchable. If Edmonton offered Draisaitl and McDavid at 50% retained for Josi you better believe we would take that even if Josi is "untouchable".

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Josi is untouchable too. Until McDavid and Draisaitl are offered for him. I don’t know why this is still a thing. He’s untouchable because he’s not worth much, has a partial NMC, has given no indication he wants to be traded and is more valuable retiring as a career Pred than whatever pick we would get for him. That’s it. Not difficult and not worth being a massive cock about that takes up pages of a thread.
Sure whatever you say pal, enjoy building around Rinne lmao
Far from untouchable

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
McDavid is untouchable but if Bettman offered to pay the oilers organization 100 billion dollars and award them the next 5 Stanley cups anyways if they fire him from a cannon then would they not take that? Guess he’s not REALLY untouchable then!

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I don't think majority of the people in this thread understand what an untouchable is.

Yeah there are players that have zero value and basically are worthless. But I bet if a fair offer was made or even better than a fair offer. They would be taken off the untouchable list.

I think the problem is that you don't know what your definition of an untouchable is either. Earlier you said it meant they wouldn't be traded no matter the offer, but that doesn't jive with this new definition you're giving now. So does it mean they wouldn't be moved in any case or they wouldn't be moved if given a fair or slightly better than fair offer?

Traveled

Feb 10, 2021
McDavid is untouchable but if Bettman offered to pay the oilers organization 100 billion dollars and award them the next 5 Stanley cups anyways if they fire him from a cannon then would they not take that? Guess he’s not REALLY untouchable then!
Something about shooting McDavid out of a cannon into an ocean of $100 dollar bills seems fitting.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Alright, instead of circle jerking, what other teams besides Montreal, Boston and Toronto want a shot at our guys? Could Florida, NYI or Washington want to be in on Ekholm? Anything to get away from what we've been talking about lately.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Not even remotely close.

Horrible.

Completely fair, just seeing if that even got the ball rolling considering Bura put up similar points to Forsberg last year and is pacing for about 60 points (based on 82 games) this year. Take into consideration the $1.1mil in savings and the first round pick I figured it might be a good starting point.

What would be the ask from Colorado?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I think the problem is that you don't know what your definition of an untouchable is either. Earlier you said it meant they wouldn't be traded no matter the offer, but that doesn't jive with this new definition you're giving now. So does it mean they wouldn't be moved in any case or they wouldn't be moved if given a fair or slightly better than fair offer?
Well when I said that it was obvious McDavid or Draisaitl wouldn’t be part of the deal. I asked would you take a 1st ++?
If the answer is yes he’s not untouchable

will Rinne even be on the Preds next season? How is that an untouchable asset otherwise him being kept because of who he is.... Lucic was traded not like Rinne has zero value

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Well when I said that it was obvious McDavid or Draisaitl wouldn’t be part of the deal. I asked would you take a 1st ++?
If the answer is yes he’s not untouchable

will Rinne even be on the Preds next season? How is that an untouchable asset otherwise him being kept because of who he is.... Lucic was traded not like Rinne has zero value

A 1st++ for Rinne is about as unlikely as McDavid and Draisaitl for Josi so I'm not sure what your point is. The point is we aren't trading Rinne for any realistic offer so effectively he is untouchable. It's really not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

Reactions: Armourboy

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
A 1st++ for Rinne is about as unlikely as McDavid and Draisaitl for Josi so I'm not sure what your point is. The point is we aren't trading Rinne for any realistic offer so effectively he is untouchable. It's really not that difficult of a concept to grasp.
Those could be smaller adds and no it is more realistic than Josi for McDavid

you know what how about we just agree to disagree and be done with it

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Those could be smaller adds and no it is more realistic than Josi for McDavid

you know what how about we just agree to disagree and be done with it

No one is trading a 1st for Rinne just like no one is trading McDavid for Josi. I suppose Rinne for a 1st has a 1 in a million chance of happening versus 1 in a trillion for McDavid for Josi but neither are happening so why split hairs?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
No one is trading a 1st for Rinne just like no one is trading McDavid for Josi. I suppose Rinne for a 1st has a 1 in a million chance of happening versus 1 in a trillion for McDavid for Josi but neither are happening so why split hairs?
Wasn’t Skinner acquires for Cliff Pu? lol GMs make mistakes all the time and over pay for players when they are desperate.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The thing is, we wouldn't even trade Rinne for a 1st, not if Rinne told us he's not ok with that. He has the superpower of making himself untouchable.

Flip side, if Pekka says he wants to go somewhere, we make it happen even if we get nothing in return. He has the superpower of being able to make himself completely touchable too.

Sooooo... the fact that he was listed as "untouchable" tells us all we need to know about which superpower he has exercised already. He's untouchable. He said so.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Completely fair, just seeing if that even got the ball rolling considering Bura put up similar points to Forsberg last year and is pacing for about 60 points (based on 82 games) this year. Take into consideration the $1.1mil in savings and the first round pick I figured it might be a good starting point.

What would be the ask from Colorado?

We'd need a teams best prospect + or a very good contributing player 18-23 coming back if we were to trade Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad