Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Don't know how the Isles would get it cap wise, but Forsberg with Barzal would be a nightmare.

that’s the plan. Get Barzal a legit goal
Scorer and finisher finally. It’s such a shame the work Barzal does game in and game out. Kid should have 60+ assists easy every year.

Reactions: WangMustGo

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
A winger for Tavares and honestly Rielly hasn’t impressed me much this year idk I don’t really think we need offensive defence men as much anymore
eh. i dont want to majorly derail the start of this thread but i dont do that. Our D would be very weak and Rielly is overall more valuable than Forsberg. also i dont know why Nashville trades a forward for another dman.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
eh. i dont want to majorly derail the start of this thread but i dont do that. Our D would be very weak and Rielly is overall more valuable than Forsberg. also i dont know why Nashville trades a forward for another dman.
I mean if they’re clearing house they’re gonna need a lot of players especially since other teams will want a lot of their dmen

also I don’t think our D is weak. Without Rielly you have

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Brodie

Lehtonen/Sandin - Bogo

and honestly I’m fine with that.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I mean if they’re clearing house they’re gonna need a lot of players especially since other teams will want a lot of their dmen

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Brodie

Lehtonen/Sandin - Bogo

thats not a defense i would be comfortable with. Rielly's importance is being underrated here.

if anything i would target Ekholm.

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Rielly is atrocious defensively. If the Preds are willing to do Rielly for Forsberg, you do that 100% of the time. The Leafs instantly become better defensively.

Reactions: Just Linda

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Brodie

Lehtonen/Sandin - Bogo

A good exercise when thinking if your D is good enough to win a cup is to compare it to other contenders. That top 6 is clearly worse than teams like Carolina, Colorado, Vegas, and Tampa.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Lol, if we end up moving Forsberg the very last player we need as a main piece is a 26 year old defenseman.
I’m saying this only if they truly are clearing house.

if you’re trading forsberg and you ACTUALLY do a real rebuild and trade like 3+ Defence-man you will need another top d

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think the NHL might need to introduce one compliance buyout every five seasons. It'll make things interesting as a whole because I imagine teams will make trades so other teams will use one that hasn't been used yet. Reason I say that is because there are too many stupid contracts in the league holding teams back, and the Duchene contract is one of many Nashville contracts that need to be bought out because no way they'd be able to trade that contract.

But also, I imagine nobody wants Rinne as he's getting to his final days and will likely retire a Nashville Predator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad