2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My dad passed away 18 years ago today. Sometimes it feels like yesterday and sometimes I can't remember what his voice sounded like. And he died when I was 30.
He was young.

My Dad passed in 2003 (he was 84) and had Alzheimer's . I had my season tickets while he was still alive but he was too far gone to go with me. He used to have ST to the Boston Braves (who were like the Providence Bruins) who played at the old Garden. The seats were next to the P. box so we often saw Terry O'Reilly who came up through the minor team. I still feel Dad there at some games now.

My Mom passed in 2008. She used to go to a game or two with me every season and loved it. When I first had my ST the B's would have an outdoor barbeque on the Garden parking lot. It was usually before a pre season game. I took Mom to one . She walked with a cane so I had her sit and went off to find her a water. Her favorite player was Cam Neely (he had been good to my Dad when he had to have knee surgery) He wasn't playing anymore and wasn't yet part of the management but he was there. A girl from the B's was taking photos of him with people. I walked up and told him I had my Mom and he was her favorite....The photo girl said "you will have to bring her here as we a taking photos"...I said thanks anyway but it was too far. Cam asked where she was and I said way over the other side sitting at a table. He said let's go an asked me her name. Her back was to us as we got to the table so I said "Mom I have someone for you to meet"...Cam bent down and took her had and spoke to her...I wished I had a camera. After Mom said " I will never wash my hand again"...It was sweet of Cam but he is a sweet person.

She knew every player and loved the B's. Muzz was also a favorite. He signed a photo for her. I still have it.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Put it to you this way - The best team in the NHL in the regular season won a total of ZERO games in the playoffs

St. Louis is tied with the Bruins with TWELVE WINS

Carolina was tied for 1st with 8 at one point and they were bad. Is St. Louis Carolina pt 2?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I miss them so much (especially my Mom).

To all whose parents are still here...Tell them you love them and spend time with them.

Great advise Ladyfan, how many times do people say after their parents pass "I wish I spent more time with them but it's too late" So do it while they are alive and you will never have to say that when they go.

Such good advise Ladyfan.
I am a fan

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
anyone know how good St. Louis is? Are they good or nah?

they are a very good team. i would suggest they are slightly deeper than we are - couple guys not playing right now are
still pretty good hockey players in fabbri and sanford. and gunnarsson would be the 7th D when vince dunn is
healthy. 4th line similar to our 4th line, but more productive. o'reilly is a selke caliber center on the 2nd line,
their 1st line is good (not as good as us, but plenty good). 3rd line could be a weak spot, but maroon has had a
good playoff and robert thomas is a stud in the making. defense is big and mobile. parayko is a beast and has
been erasing top lines all playoffs. binnington, well, we know his story. it's a pretty close matchup, they play
a bruising style and very aggressive forecheck with the D pinching as much as possible. very formidable opponent.

Reactions: LouisSleigher

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
they are a very good team. i would suggest they are slightly deeper than we are - couple guys not playing right now are
still pretty good hockey players in fabbri and sanford. and gunnarsson would be the 7th D when vince dunn is
healthy. 4th line similar to our 4th line, but more productive. o'reilly is a selke caliber center on the 2nd line,
their 1st line is good (not as good as us, but plenty good). 3rd line could be a weak spot, but maroon has had a
good playoff and robert thomas is a stud in the making. defense is big and mobile. parayko is a beast and has
been erasing top lines all playoffs. binnington, well, we know his story. it's a pretty close matchup, they play
a bruising style and very aggressive forecheck with the D pinching as much as possible. very formidable opponent.

I don't find their D particularly very mobile, especially without Dunn. What they have is great size, I think an aggressive forecheck on them is going to cause lots of problems. Colton P is very good and Alex P is still good but has slowed down a lot from a few years back. The rest of them are big, slower types who bring very little offense.

Reactions: Strafer

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I don't find their D particularly very mobile, especially without Dunn. What they have is great size, I think an aggressive forecheck on them is going to cause lots of problems. Colton P is very good and Alex P is still good but has slowed down a lot from a few years back. The rest of them are big, slower types who bring very little offense.

fair point, perhaps not as mobile as i say but they do seem to play fast. dunn is an x factor, really good player.
assume he will be back soon, game 2 if not game 1. they do a nice job as a team protecting the house.
think it's going to be a long series with a lot of tight games.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
317CFC56-B3B0-4983-A527-11348868B7CB.gif
It should be now.

48 hours and counting.
This wait is killing me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events