2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
He was young.

My Dad passed in 2003 (he was 84) and had Alzheimer's . I had my season tickets while he was still alive but he was too far gone to go with me. He used to have ST to the Boston Braves (who were like the Providence Bruins) who played at the old Garden. The seats were next to the P. box so we often saw Terry O'Reilly who came up through the minor team. I still feel Dad there at some games now.

My Mom passed in 2008. She used to go to a game or two with me every season and loved it. When I first had my ST the B's would have an outdoor barbeque on the Garden parking lot. It was usually before a pre season game. I took Mom to one . She walked with a cane so I had her sit and went off to find her a water. Her favorite player was Cam Neely (he had been good to my Dad when he had to have knee surgery) He wasn't playing anymore and wasn't yet part of the management but he was there. A girl from the B's was taking photos of him with people. I walked up and told him I had my Mom and he was her favorite....The photo girl said "you will have to bring her here as we a taking photos"...I said thanks anyway but it was too far. Cam asked where she was and I said way over the other side sitting at a table. He said let's go an asked me her name. Her back was to us as we got to the table so I said "Mom I have someone for you to meet"...Cam bent down and took her had and spoke to her...I wished I had a camera. After Mom said " I will never wash my hand again"...It was sweet of Cam but he is a sweet person.

She knew every player and loved the B's. Muzz was also a favorite. He signed a photo for her. I still have it.
such awesome memories you have. Hugs. Hugs to all y'all who are missing someone you've always watched B's with.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Feels like hockey season ended. 12 days off is unacceptable and embarrassing for a league in which the players are conditioned to play every other day. This is the equivalent of taking two months off between the AFC championship game and the Super Bowl. I expect it will negatively impact the Bruins.

Reactions: TCL40

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-05-26-00-48-04~2.png

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This wait has been tough.

I actually haven’t minded it. With the quick turnaround in all of our other series, it’s been nice to focus on other things for a while.

I’m very much looking forward to things getting started so we can stop predicting and start experiencing. Also some new things to talk about would be nice

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Feels like hockey season ended. 12 days off is unacceptable and embarrassing for a league in which the players are conditioned to play every other day.

What I really dislike about this is how they released the schedule before game 4 of the Sharks-Blues series. They might as well have informed those teams "you're going to Boston 2-3 days after this series ends" to prevent a long lay-off in case of a 6-game-series (which we all know happened).

But imo it's just unacceptable that they didn't start the series on this Saturday. Game 7 would have been on Thursday so there would have been a day off between game 7 and game 1.
The Bruins also just got one day off after they got past Toronto in 7.

But hey, why start the Finals on the best day for a sporting event when you can do so on a f***ing Monday evening?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I actually haven’t minded it. With the quick turnaround in all of our other series, it’s been nice to focus on other things for a while.

I’m very much looking forward to things getting started so we can stop predicting and start experiencing. Also some new things to talk about would be nice
Having a small break was nice but this is too much !

I am looking forward to tomorrow !

Reactions: Strafer and Kate08

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm just happy that the guys have healed up

Has anyone heard about Krejci yet? Heard he missed the practice

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It has been so long but I am starting to get excited now. I still think the Bruins will prevail even if rusty. The Blues have had longer than usual off too and the momentum should have worn off for them to an extent. Bruins in 6 is what I am going with.

Reactions: BMC

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Let’s get this show on the road. The wait has been long enough. Let’s go B’s . Let’s get this done and shut everybody up.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The long layoff makes me worried about rust collecting.

And Tuukka losing his focus.

But really the schedule totally sucks and no reason for 6 days between the WCF and the SCF.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
You can't please everyone. Someone around the world is going to get ****ed if they're trying to watch the game. Parts of Europe are 5-6+ hours ahead of the US. So a game at 8 PM is going to be at what 1-2AM?

Of course you can't please everyone. But I'm quite positive there are more Europeans following the NHL than let's say Japanese or Chinese people-
And yes, Middle Europe is 6 hours ahead of you guys which translates to an 2 AM start over here. And this again translates to a 2:20 AM puck drop or so.

I myself have no problem staying up Saturday night / Sunday morning until 6 AM.
But it's kinda hard if you have to work the next day. Or in some cases you can't even finish the game, because of some OT's.

Regardless of your location ... the NHL could have definitely pleased more people had they started the Final on Saturday. Having games 1 and 4 on Mondays is just bullshit.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Of course you can't please everyone. But I'm quite positive there are more Europeans following the NHL than let's say Japanese or Chinese people-
And yes, Middle Europe is 6 hours ahead of you guys which translates to an 2 AM start over here. And this again translates to a 2:20 AM puck drop or so.

I myself have no problem staying up Saturday night / Sunday morning until 6 AM.
But it's kinda hard if you have to work the next day. Or in some cases you can't even finish the game, because of some OT's.

Regardless of your location ... the NHL could have definitely pleased more people had they started the Final on Saturday. Having games 1 and 4 on Mondays is just bull****.
That must be frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad