2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Today perfect hockey related day

Sunday Skate WEEI outstanding

2-5 NHL Network ~ Canada vs Finland

Finland has basically no NHL players against loaded Canada team

Kakko on Finland worth watching

Tonight 7 the Memorial Cup

Future Bruins fan favorite Jakub Lauko and leading scorer in tourney

Hit the grill and watch these 2 players plus Canada

PERFECT day to get ready for start of Cup run

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Today perfect hockey related day

Sunday Skate WEEI outstanding

2-5 NHL Network ~ Canada vs Finland

Finland has basically no NHL players against loaded Canada team

Kakko on Finland worth watching

Tonight 7 the Memorial Cup

Future Bruins fan favorite Jakub Lauko and leading scorer in tourney

Hit the grill and watch these 2 players plus Canada

PERFECT day to get ready for start of Cup run

This is not a loaded team , this is a B team , maybe even C.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Of course you can't please everyone. But I'm quite positive there are more Europeans following the NHL than let's say Japanese or Chinese people-
And yes, Middle Europe is 6 hours ahead of you guys which translates to an 2 AM start over here. And this again translates to a 2:20 AM puck drop or so.

I myself have no problem staying up Saturday night / Sunday morning until 6 AM.
But it's kinda hard if you have to work the next day. Or in some cases you can't even finish the game, because of some OT's.

Regardless of your location ... the NHL could have definitely pleased more people had they started the Final on Saturday. Having games 1 and 4 on Mondays is just bull****.

Hasn't the Memorial Day SCF start always been a a thing?

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Visiting my wife's family this weekend, we have a 4 hour drive to get home. Bruins flag flying on Trans Canada Highway while wearing # 4 jersey !! My step-daughter thinks I am looney....lol. One day she asked me how much I love her, I replied more than the Bruins & Celtics. She said " Wow, that is a lot ". :)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Of course you can't please everyone. But I'm quite positive there are more Europeans following the NHL than let's say Japanese or Chinese people-
And yes, Middle Europe is 6 hours ahead of you guys which translates to an 2 AM start over here. And this again translates to a 2:20 AM puck drop or so.

I myself have no problem staying up Saturday night / Sunday morning until 6 AM.
But it's kinda hard if you have to work the next day. Or in some cases you can't even finish the game, because of some OT's.

Regardless of your location ... the NHL could have definitely pleased more people had they started the Final on Saturday. Having games 1 and 4 on Mondays is just bull****.

Very well put. It is Bull****! They just don't care about their fans IMO, the optics of the poor officiating or any other aspect of the sports "look" to their fans. Why then worry about selling it in China? It's all about the money NOT logic or common sense or us.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Dream scenario, B’s sweep, every game is by at least a 3 goal margin, and the Cup-clinching goal is scored by Heinen...after he delivers a bone-crushing hit on a STL Dman, Coyle collects the turnover and then feeds him for the geno.

:laugh:
I like the sound of most of your dream,but the bone crushing hit by Heinen is putting it in the fantasy category.Lol

Reactions: Marcobruin

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This is not a loaded team , this is a B team , maybe even C.

But does Canada need an "A" team to beat Finland? In all honesty the Cup finals should still be competed by umm, May 10th if that were still the case then maybe the "A" team would then be available.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Taking mom to make the rounds at the cemeteries today.

I think my dad would have liked this Bruins team. Even after I moved away from home, we would always talk after big Bruins wins.

True story...

Back in March I turned on the TV and had left NESN on from the previous night’s Bruins game. There was some strange cartoon about Opening Day at Fenway on and had some notable voice actors. I left it on and went into the kitchen to assist Mrs. 103 with dinner prep.

We brought our plates into the living room and sat down as the cartoon was drawing to a close. I turned and said to my wife, “you know, the last Red Sox game the old man ever saw was the Red Sox beating the Dodgers to clinch the World Series. How many people does that happen for? He thought he’d never see them win, and now look at them.” I’m not going to lie - I was a little choked up at the memory.

So, the cartoon ended, and lo and behold, Game 5 of the 2018 World Series comes on. I had no idea it was coming on, hadn’t looked at the schedule on the TV or anything like that.

Should the Bruins win this series, I’m going to go see the old man and plant a championship flag. He’d think that was pretty cool.
That is awesome....

Reactions: rfournier103

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I like the sound of most of your dream,but the bone crushing hit by Heinen is putting it in the fantasy category.Lol

I have all 3 series clinching games on DVR and was watching them over the last couple of days.

I wouldn’t put them in the bone-crushing category, but Heinen had a couple of nice hits against CAR, including one on Williams that led to a Boston goal I believe.

Not sure Heinen has a bone crusher in him, but I expect him and the rest of the 3rd line to be a key in this series.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

hopeeew

Feb 25, 2019
The games do start 3am here in Finland but of course I'm going to watch all of them. Even if I have to go to work in the mornings. Maybe I'll try to sleep couple of hours before the games but otherwise I dont care if I'll have to work tired. Like I would be able to catch any sleep anyway when I know there's a game going on.

And I mean who knows how long it will be until there's going to be the next chance to see the Bruins in SC finals. This is it. This is why we went through a long regular season with its ups and downs. This is such a short period of life and there will be plenty of time to sleep after the games are over. It will be worth it

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Just decided I’m going to watch highlights (hopefully all dafoomie) of each game so far leading up to this final

I bought the NHL package this year through Roku and besides being a lot cheaper, I can choose between home and away feeds as well as go back and watch any game the bruins have played these playoffs. Iv'e watched game 5 of the Columbus series 3 times already, I just loved that third period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad