2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-5-24_0-35-41.png

upload_2019-5-24_0-36-8.png

upload_2019-5-24_0-36-48.png

4e6fe45f3aae8c182e1520dbf5c65ad0.jpg

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Wow, how things can change in a heartbeat.

When the Blues rolled through town January 17, Bruins fans were hoping the Blues would mail it in for the rest of the season and perhaps leave Brayden Schenn or even Vladamir Tarasenko behind, in exchange for futures.

And it wasn't even a far out thought.

I doubt it was in anyone's mind that the next time they come through town would be the Stanley Cup Final.

They are several notches better than what the B's have faced so far in this year's playoffs, so yes, I'm a bit nervous.

Pete DeBoer said at the end of the WCF that the two heaviest teams are meeting in the Final. And while skill, speed, and smaller players thrive today, playing a heavy game got both St. Louis and Boston to the Dance.

So I think the layoff will be good, as the B's will be going in with fresh bodies.

Binnington has been a great story, but I hope Rask can be the difference.

It's not unprecedented - Matt Murray beat the more experienced Pekka Rinne a couple of years ago. But St. Louis doesn't have quite the offensive firepower of Pittsburgh.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wow, how things can change in a heartbeat.

When the Blues rolled through town January 17, Bruins fans were hoping the Blues would mail it in for the rest of the season and perhaps leave Brayden Schenn or even Vladamir Tarasenko behind, in exchange for futures.

And it wasn't even a far out thought.

I doubt it was in anyone's mind that the next time they come through town would be the Stanley Cup Final.

They are several notches better than what the B's have faced so far in this year's playoffs, so yes, I'm a bit nervous.

Pete DeBoer said at the end of the WCF that the two heaviest teams are meeting in the Final. And while skill, speed, and smaller players thrive today, playing a heavy game got both St. Louis and Boston to the Dance.

So I think the layoff will be good, as the B's will be going in with fresh bodies.

Binnington has been a great story, but I hope Rask can be the difference.

It's not unprecedented - Matt Murray beat the more experienced Pekka Rinne a couple of years ago. But St. Louis doesn't have quite the offensive firepower of Pittsburgh.

Brayden Schenn was on the Bruins radar and a deal was close - but the Blues started winning.

The Blues somehow knocked off Winnipeg, faced elimination against Dallas and became enraged when San Jose won Game 3 on a hand pass.

This is going to be a tough series - both teams have climbed about the tree line and the summit is in sight.

My feeling is the Bruins will lose a game at TD Garden but will win a game at Enterprise Center. The Bruins survived losing 2 at home against Toronto - they can't do that against the Blues.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Brayden Schenn was on the Bruins radar and a deal was close - but the Blues started winning.

The Blues somehow knocked off Winnipeg, faced elimination against Dallas and became enraged when San Jose won Game 3 on a hand pass.

This is going to be a tough series - both teams have climbed about the tree line and the summit is in sight.

My feeling is the Bruins will lose a game at TD Garden but will win a game at Enterprise Center. The Bruins survived losing 2 at home against Toronto - they can't do that against the Blues.

I like the Jets a lot, but St. Louis was one of my few first round picks I got right. Winnipeg was average at best down the stretch. They left lots of points on the table against inferior teams, they weren't getting quite the level of goaltending, and while we learned it was injury related, Laine wasn't the threat he had been. They also seem to have tuned out Paul Maurice.

Dallas is my second favorite team, and it was a solid season for them. But St. Louis was clearly better. Were it not for Ben Bishop, that series is over in 5 or 6. Scary that an OT goal in Game 7 and Dallas wins, but they were outplayed throughout.

The Blues really rallied after the botched hand pass call. But like Boston in the 2013 Final, the Sharks were running out of healthy bodies.

I remember reading Wayne Gretzky say how weird he felt playing against the Oilers after he was traded, since he was still good friends with so many Edmonton players. I know David Backes left via free agency and not a trade, but this has to be really unusual for him.

Reactions: Maine Fan and BMC

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Blues are not facing Martin Jones between the pipes
Watched the last few games and what ever they through at net was basically going in
Add to that San Jose has no defense

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
End result - Bruins win

Gotta love the Blues they are built the way my blueprint would look

They are the Bruins of the West which is not surprising

They will win a Cup soon just not in 2019

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Some day maybe they'll find that the Bruins are a great story.
We'll be forcing their hands. Give them no choice but acknowledge how great our story is.
Win the cup this year to start...
We are in a great position to get a few in a row.

Reactions: sooshii

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I never want to rush a long weekend.

BUT LETS GOOOOOO!!!!! GET ME TO MONDAY PLZ

Reactions: TP

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Some hockey panel in Canada about this decade dynasties.

Chicago, Pittsburgh, LA.
Boston will be considered if winning 2nd cup and a final within the decade.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Ya know I want Rask to win the Smythe because so people on this board will shut the **** about him

But I want Marchand to win it so the rest of the site loses their collective ****

No they won't lol.

The first soft goal he gives up during pre-season and they'll be all over him again. Probably something along the lines of "now that he's won a cup Rask doesn't care anymore"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad