incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
For the 5 teams fighting for the last 3 spots out west:

St Louis has 14 games left, only 3 against current playoff teams
Dallas, 6 out of 14 against playoff teams
Minnesota has 10 out of 13 against playoff teams
Arizona has 6 out of 14 against playoff teams
Colorado as 7 out of 13 against playoff teams

Gimmie the Blues, Stars and 'yotes to make it. (BTW...the Preds are struggling.....really struggling. Haven't won a game in regulation since February 21st. Still will make the playoffs. I think)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
For the 5 teams fighting for the last 3 spots out west:

St Louis has 14 games left, only 3 against current playoff teams
Dallas, 6 out of 14 against playoff teams
Minnesota has 10 out of 13 against playoff teams
Arizona has 6 out of 14 against playoff teams
Colorado as 7 out of 13 against playoff teams

Gimmie the Blues, Stars and 'yotes to make it. (BTW...the Preds are struggling.....really struggling. Haven't won a game in regulation since February 21st. Still will make the playoffs. I think)

Yeah, I'd take those three out of that group as well. The Landeskog injury is going to kill the Avs, and the Wild have a tough schedule as mentioned.

Also...

The Sharks still control their own destiny for the division.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Ducks up 2-0 over the Preds. I'm not saying they will miss the playoffs.....but......I would like to find a website and bet that right now.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Max arizona can get is 99 points. Sharks have 94. 5 or 6 depending on tie breakers.

Arizona is in the playoffs as of now. Minnesota is out and they max at 98 points plus Minnesota and Arizona still have a game left against each other.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I think we can all agree that the Wild would be the ideal first round opponent if the sharks finish first. If it ends up being Arizona and Dallas in the WC spots, who would guys prefer in round one?

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
I think we can all agree that the Wild would be the ideal first round opponent if the sharks finish first. If it ends up being Arizona and Dallas in the WC spots, who would guys prefer in round one?

AZ for sure. Dallas is on 3 game shut out with Big Ben Bishop!

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
Sharks are 23-5-5 at home this season and have 8 home games left (vs 4 away). All 4 away games are against non-playoff teams (Kings, Ducks, Canucks, Oilers). There is a good chance the Sharks win 9-10 of the remaining 12 games. The key game with be game 78 (4th last game of the season) vs Calgary, it could very well decide who comes in 1st. Unfortunately for us that game is the 2nd game of back-to-backs having played Vegas the night before.

My guesses:
Sharks and Calgary both win 9 of their remaining 12 games.
Sharks lose to Calgary in OT on 3/31.

Sharks 1st in division with 113 points.
Flames 2nd with 111.
Knights 3rd with 98 points.

Jets 100.
Blues 95.
Stars 94.

Predators 93.
Coyotes 92.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

4 of 12 games left are against teams outside of the playoffs (if they started today)

You mean 4 of 12 are against teams inside the playoffs.

We plays against 4 playoff teams, one bubble team (Colorado), and 7 bottom feeders. While Calgary plays against 4 playoff teams and 8 bottom feeders.

That game against Calgary in March 31 is huge. I’m so excited for it.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011

We plays against 4 playoff teams, one bubble team (Colorado), and 7 bottom feeders. While Calgary plays against 4 playoff teams and 8 bottom feeders.

I wish it wasn't the day after vegas though :(

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I knew that's what I wanted to post too... I just posted it wrong.

(But I really did know that.)

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Arizona all day, Never beat Dallas in the playoffs.

Also we always struggle there im sure its semi recent, but we do not play well in dallas and i would be curious to see our record there over the last several games

Reactions: ChompChomp

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
We're going to come in second and be forced to play vegas while the flames will sweep the yotes cuzz nothing ever goes right for the sharks.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Arizona all day, Never beat Dallas in the playoffs.

Also we always struggle there im sure its semi recent, but we do not play well in dallas and i would be curious to see our record there over the last several games

Thanks for opening the door on this. I've mentioned this before, but I'm guessing you didn't see it. I mention it all the time as I live in Dallas and have only been to SJ @ Dallas games for quite some time (my last home game was during a Bay Area visit in Apr 2014).

The Sharks haven't won a game in Dallas since February 2015. Since Peter DeBoer took over as HC, there is only ONE western conference team where the Sharks haven't won a road game. It's Dallas. (0-6-0, 0 points obviously) (If I had to check, I'd bet it's the only team in the NHL in the PDB era where the Sharks haven't won a road game, and yes, the Sharks have won in Buffalo under PDB...Boston too)

In fact, in those six games, the Sharks didn't even hold a lead until the last once this past December when Kane scored in the first (And the lead was lost when Roman Pollak of all people tied it up in the 2nd). Thus, the Kane goal was celebrated by us like they won the Cup because we hadn't seen a meaningful goal scored in Dallas since the Feb 15 game.

In calendar year 2017, the Sharks played three games in Dallas. Twice in the same week in March 2017 in the 16-17 season and the New Year's Eve Game (12/31/17) in 17/18 campaign. The Sharks were outscored in all 3 games, combined by a 13-1 margin, which included two shutouts. (Please, just imagine that you only went to 3 Sharks games in all of 2017 and those were the 3. Then maybe you'll understand the crazy pain of being a Sharks fan in Dallas and why my Shark fan friends here who actively want a SJ/Dallas playoff series are, IMHO, fools)

Does that sum up for you how badly we do IN Dallas?

edit: verified by hand, the only team we haven't beaten on the road since PDB took over in the entire NHL is Dallas. :help:

Last edited:

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Another possibility is the Sharks make the cup final and run into a Lightning buzz saw. It would be like the Sharks to make the cup finals against the 2 best East teams in the last 20 years or so haha.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Another possibility is the Sharks make the cup final and run into a Lightning buzz saw. It would be like the Sharks to make the cup finals against the 2 best East teams in the last 20 years or so haha.
Seriously, that Penguins team and now this Lightning team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad