Speculation: Playoff positioning

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Good news is if we win the division then we most likely have home ice through the WCF. Finish off strong and get healthy boys

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Really need the Flames to drop the next game against Vegas because after that their schedule is so soft. Also Vegas on a 5 game win streak, of course.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Really need the Flames to drop the next game against Vegas because after that their schedule is so soft. Also Vegas on a 5 game win streak, of course.

The way the Flames are playing, it's hard to see them beating Vegas right now. They can't generate offense for the life of them. I think they'll shake some of that off with part of their schedule but not enough for it to matter come playoff time. I think they're just not going to be at the level they need to be at in order to win a playoff series.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Standings if those paces finish the season...

San Jose-110
St. Louis-102
Calgary-105
Winnipeg-98
Nashville-98
Vegas-94
Dallas-94
Minnesota-89
Arizona-89

Jets vs Predators and Vegas vs Flames in the first round would be fantastic. Minny looked good vs TB but I’d prefer them over Dallas

Reactions: ChompChomp

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
The way the Flames are playing, it's hard to see them beating Vegas right now. They can't generate offense for the life of them. I think they'll shake some of that off with part of their schedule but not enough for it to matter come playoff time. I think they're just not going to be at the level they need to be at in order to win a playoff series.

Although a lot can change between now and the playoffs, the way they play right now, I can them easily see losing against a wild card team. Basically the Sharks should be prepared to face Vegas in either round 1 or 2 and the wild card team may be the other opponent the might face (also in round 1 or 2).

Jets vs Predators and Vegas vs Flames in the first round would be fantastic. Minny looked good vs TB but I’d prefer them over Dallas
The order of "rather not" for me will be:

Vegas
Jets
Preds
Blues
Flames
Stars
Coyotes
Wild

Something like that I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA

Honestly just don't want to play the Knights in the first round. Hopefully the Flames stay broken for a few more games haha. Actually their next 5 only has two "easy' games in it. They also get the Jets and the Blue Jackets. Sharks though get the Blues, Wild, Jets, Panthers, and Preds haha super rough.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Honestly just don't want to play the Knights in the first round. Hopefully the Flames stay broken for a few more games haha. Actually their next 5 only has two "easy' games in it. They also get the Jets and the Blue Jackets. Sharks though get the Blues, Wild, Jets, Panthers, and Preds haha super rough.

I'm not terribly worried about any particular team. I don't think anyone presents the Sharks a truly debilitating matchup problem. It comes down to whether the Sharks are on their game at the time and are healthy. That's why I want to get Karlsson in as soon as his health allows.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I want the division. Lock us in to home ice throughout the conference as well. The East has some terrifying teams but I'll worry about that come the conference finals. For now I think the Sharks can beat anyone in the West but I'd like to avoid Vegas. Their lineup doesn't scare me but they just cause loads of crap for us. Neither Minn or Dallas scare me, but I think we'd have an easier time in the playoffs than Minny.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Tomorrow's game against STL will be a fun barometer for where they're at headed into the playoffs. If we can get home ice, I'm not afraid of anybody in the West. The Sharks have looked great against Nashville and Winnipeg, and I don't think Calgary's anywhere near as good as their record. Vegas would be maybe the toughest matchup, but Fleury's played a lot of hockey for them, and I don't think he'll be in better shape a month from now.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What's interesting about a Sharks manatee game. :sarcasm:

upload_2019-3-9_2-57-56.jpeg

:sarcasm:

Reactions: slocal

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
fs8qso4m1cl21.png

just a look at the season movements courtesy of reddit. Our worse run looks like it was between the 20-30 game marks.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
fs8qso4m1cl21.png

just a look at the season movements courtesy of reddit. Our worse run looks like it was between the 20-30 game marks.

I like the complete opposite run from the ducks then normal.

Usually they start slow and finish strong. This year they started strong and ended bad.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Over the next few years I actually might end up pitying ducks fans. The are probably entering a rebuild and continue to resign older players instead of selling them off for future assets. Without new management they may end up worse then where Detroit ended up.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

Looks like we were pretty damn meh until about the 30 game mark, when we really took off.

Over the next few years I actually might end up pitying ducks fans. The are probably entering a rebuild and continue to resign older players instead of selling them off for future assets. Without new management they may end up worse then where Detroit ended up.

The Ducks are a team that voluntarily employs Perry and Kesler. I have zero sympathy for them. I still don't even have sympathy for Vancouver, after they employed both Torres and Maximum Floppiere. I *might* start having some sympathy for the Kings in a year or two, but that's questionable. Now, Arizona... them I have sympathy for.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

They have their Cup. f*** em

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad