Speculation: Playoff positioning

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I know Cooch has been terrible at C but do we have any idea why? Is is basically his ability in face-offs? He was never really a play-making C or overly physical to begin with.

His defensive play away from guys like Hertl and Marleau has left a lot to be desired. The consistent losing of faceoffs would be one thing if he maintained his defensive level of play even if it's being buoyed by a winger. Problem is that now that Hertl is centering his own line, Couture doesn't really have that sort of winger. Pavelski at one point had the skills and versatility for that but he no longer is at that level defensively either. Meier could be at some point but his defensive play now is not consistent.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
6 points up on Vegas for home ice in the first round... Vegas has a game in hand.

If they don't beat Detroit on Monday, I'm going to be really worried about falling to 3rd.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I honestly think we're playing a good brand of hockey. Sure we can do better, im not going to be blinded just cuz a W didn't come up.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I honestly think we're playing a good brand of hockey. Sure we can do better, im not going to be blinded just cuz a W didn't come up.

There is nothing good about this kind of hockey. Lazy, uninspired, poor defense, poor goaltending.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Coming back from a 3-0 deficit and scoring 4 goals is lazy and uninspiring? I take it as a compliment though, if im going to have to read your guys uninspiring fanaticism you're going to read my positive inspiring love for the team ive watched for 20 years.

Besides, you guys think your such experts when we're winning its great and when we're losing its terrible, but hockey is all about staying even keeled through the ups and downs. And if you're actually paying to the game not the score, we've been playing pretty well. That's called the winning culture, why dont you train your brain a little bit on that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't care what kind of hockey you call it. It's losing hockey. Their defense is forcing them to play chase hockey and that's not good at all.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Coming back from a 3-0 deficit and scoring 4 goals is lazy and uninspiring? I take it as a compliment though, if im going to have to read your guys uninspiring fanaticism you're going to read my positive inspiring love for the team ive watched for 20 years.

Besides, you guys think your such experts when we're winning its great and when we're losing its terrible, but hockey is all about staying even keeled through the ups and downs. And if you're actually paying to the game not the score, we've been playing pretty well. That's called the winning culture, why dont you train your brain a little bit on that.

You would make a great Soviet Political Officer. :laugh:

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
These are two important games left, gotta plan all the way to the end, could determine Home ice in the 3rd and 4th round.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Why's that? Home ice is pretty big depending on which team we play espc if theyre going in hot or we aren't as healthy going in. Its not an end all be all, but id rather work a little harder now when it could save us 3-4 extra hard fought games.

I'm not looking past anybody and dont think we should over extend for it, but if you look at the central and the east we're pretty much in the same point-sphere, a point or two could be the deciding factor who starts at home at the end of the day. Thats why these are pretty big games. Though like I said, you never know when you match up against a team and home ice could help things in our favor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad