Speculation: Playoff positioning

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Huh. The headlines indicated they had clinched. :dunno:

they probably have technically since i think someone stated earlier the 2 teams that affect the clinching play each other. but officially they haven't, not according to nhl.com standings nor yahoo sports standings. or even by points.

but they probably will be the 1st to clinch since they play tonight and so does arizona and minny both before the sharks play.

here are the clinching scenario's for tonight:

The Calgary Flames will clinch a playoff berth:
* If they get at least one point against the Winnipeg Jets (7 p.m. ET; ESPN+, SNW, SNP, NHL.TV).
OR
* If the Minnesota Wild lose to the New York Rangers (8 p.m. ET; FS-N, FS-WI, MSG, NHL.TV) in any fashion.
The San Jose Sharks will clinch a playoff berth:
* If they defeat the Nashville Predators (10:30 p.m. ET; ESPN+, NBCSCA, FS-TN, NHL.TV) in any fashion.
OR
* If they get one point against the Predators AND the Wild lose to the Rangers in any fashion.
OR
* If the Wild loses to the Rangers in regulation AND the Chicago Blackhawks lose to the Montreal Canadiens (7 p.m. ET; TVAS, CITY, SNE, WGN, NHL.TV) in any fashion.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

Still control their own destiny for the division

So... you're saying there's a chance?

I had Calgary going 8-2-1 down the stretch (not including the Sharks game), and so far they've split the first two games of that. So as long as the Sharks win the head-to-head game in regulation, they had to go 7-3-1 down the stretch. So far, they're 0-2, which isn't great, but I had them losing both of them anyway. As long as they can win the Calgary game and split against Vegas, the Sharks just have to take care of business against a bunch of bad teams (and can even lose one of them). As for Calgary, I have them losing to Dallas and one other random team like Columbus. It's doable as long as the Sharks take care of business against bad teams and beat Calgary in regulation.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
The Sharks still haven't clinched. They refuse to win their way into the playoffs. Where's Minjaben? We need him to make a Calgary voodoo doll or we're gonna be playing Vegas.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
This team is allergic to clinching on its own. I honestly can't remember where the team clinched at 1st chance or even 2nd chance.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
D2B7XfpXQAE_Hm0.jpg:large

well now you must rely on colorado. yeeshh!

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad