Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Why Is All The Good Sticks Are Always Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I mean thats a pretty big shake up but if theres any player that I would give Jake up for I guess it would be Tkachuk. Its still not an easy decision though

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I was just thinking back to all the people that were on tilt because we let Kahun go. Hes proven to be a JAG

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd trade literally any asset this organization has outside of Crosby to get Tkachuk. He'd be amazing here.

It's totally a pipe dream, though. In terms of more realistic names, I'd be really interested in Heinen if he'd ever become available from the Ducks. He's not a righty, but he absolutely farmed powerplay points for the Bruins and is strong defensively:

Heinen-McCann-ERod looks like a really strong 3rd line to me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kahun's scoring on pace with Zucker.
Zucker is also not playing with the right C. While Kahun is a utility winger that is playing with a mate he plays with in Germany and on the Oilers.

Context....

giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There is not a chance Calgary trades tkachuk. They'll trade monahan or gaudreau before him
Tkachuk is basically their future captain and franchise player. People keep thinking we have a shot to get him. It's something that would have to start with Guentzel for them and even then they might not want to. So we need to steer away from that. His name pops up a lot here and the key is to draft or find a free agent prospect like that and give them a chance.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If nothing else, I'd trade Jake for Tkachuk because he's a much more entertaining player. Stats and projections and role out the window, Tkachuk's just infinitely more fun to watch. :laugh:

Reactions: MayorofWBS

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t know if it’s a huge slam dunk, but you’d have to at least think about Guentzel for Tkachuk if only because of the age difference. Though I’m not sure how much it matters given their career paths. It’s not going to be fun if he doesn’t mesh with Crosby though.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I don’t know if it’s a huge slam dunk, but you’d have to at least think about Guentzel for Tkachuk if only because of the age difference. Though I’m not sure how much it matters given their career paths. It’s not going to be fun if he doesn’t mesh with Crosby though.
(Guentzel, Pettersson, McCann, Legare for Tkachuk, Bennett)

Zucker Crosby Rust
Tkachuk Malkin Kapanen
Bennett Blueger Tanev
Aston-Reese Bellerive Angello

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Love seeing point totals of players who’ve played 80% of their games against Washington and NYI compared to those who’ve played 80% of their games against Ottawa and Vancouver.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Zucker is also not playing with the right C. While Kahun is a utility winger that is playing with a mate he plays with in Germany and on the Oilers.

Context....

giphy.gif

Not playing with the right center?

We brought Zucker in to complement either of our centers as needed, and they're two of the best in the world. If he can't do that, he's not doing his job. We didn't acquire him and pay him 5.5 mil per to be useful only when playing with Sidney Crosby.

I'd much rather have Kahun's versatility for his price.

Reactions: JTG

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

We brought Zucker in to complement either of our centers as needed, and they're two of the best in the world. If he can't do that, he's not doing his job. We didn't acquire him and pay him 5.5 mil per to be useful only when playing with Sidney Crosby.

I have my doubts how Zucker fits but he’s a good player. Worth the price compared to Kahun. Maybe he comes back after this COVID craziness the past year and fits in. Maybe not and we move him. Not too worried about it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I like how you're saying this while totally excusing Malkin's play because he doesn't mesh with Zucker.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I have my doubts how Zucker fits but he’s a good player. Worth the price compared to Kahun. Maybe he comes back after this COVID craziness the past year and fits in. Maybe not and we move him. Not too worried about it.

Maybe. Or maybe he keeps getting played with Malkin and the 2nd line fails all year.

Kahun played well with Malkin right away, costs a fraction of what Zucker does.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lol are people still on the Kahun shit? Not only did Malkin and Kahun not play particularly well together (negative relative analytics and a negative goal differential), but Kahun has proceeded to go to Edmonton and produce scraps while playing with one of the best players in hockey in Draisaitl.

Kahun is on pace for 15 goals and 30 points per 82 games while playing literally 8x as much with Draisaitl as without Draisaitl at 5v5 (235 minutes with Draisaitl and 30 minutes without Draisaitl). Oh yeah, he's doing that in the "defense is optional" division in the North. He sucks, move on from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad