Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Why Is All The Good Sticks Are Always Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
For what it’s worth, Detroit has their Assistant GM scouting the Pens game tonight and it’s been the fourth or fifth time Detroit has scouted the Pens this year...I hope the Pens are looking at Bertuzzi or Mantha and that Detroit is looking at Petts...
Probably trying to figure out how the Pens can look like they're trying but also suck so they can perfect their tank without looking bad.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Pittsburgh isn't an attractive UFA destination though, that's the problem.

In theory, I love the idea of trading Letang for futures and signing Hamilton in free agency. But how would you make that actually happen?

Pittsburgh is attractive as an organization. We’re considered one of the top in the league for our amenities and how the players are treated by the org.

Where Pittsburgh is least attractive I’ve heard a number of times from a friend who works with the team is the athlete tax the city imposes on resident and non-resident players. 3% of their game checks go to the city. It might not sound like a lot but these guys have a fair amount of expenses and a limited life span to make salaries.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If Bobby Ryan is our big addition this year we might as well not bother.
I agree but the sad reality is that’s he’s better than every single bottom six turd except for Blueger, who has gone missing over the last week.

Ryan won’t make or break the team, but acquiring him would remove one useless player from the lineup. It would also allow Tanev to play on the fourth line, where he belongs.

You need to bring in at least two guys to make BART your fourth line and end the cluster **** that is our current fourth line.

Have you all realized that BART isn’t a good third line yet, or do you need a couple of more months to evaluate like our turtle GM?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Ryan isn't going to fix anything. I bet he still can't even spell that word Burke mocked him about.

Burke also said he should've picked Jack Johnson instead, hopefully we don't reacquire him.

I wouldn't mind Ryan. I expect this team to sniff the playoffs and barely get in, then get bounced again in the first round. If they don't make the playoffs, expect big changes. Honestly, I never want to see the Penguins miss the playoffs, but it might get this team in the right direction. They hired Hextall to build, that's what he needs to do.

I'd much rather see Crosby and Malkin's final years with the organization serving as mentors for younger talent than suffering like Lemieux did with the early 2000's Penguins, having to carry a bunch of bad players every season only to get nowhere. If you start now, there's a good chance in 3-4 years you'll start to see that talent in the NHL. It's not like they're going to be awful every single season as well, they still have decent players, it's just a matter of surrounding them with younger talent. Which is going to take a while. I'd rather waste 3 years rebuilding than 3 years gunning for it and losing to lesser teams in the playoffs.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is attractive as an organization. We’re considered one of the top in the league for our amenities and how the players are treated by the org.

Where Pittsburgh is least attractive I’ve heard a number of times from a friend who works with the team is the athlete tax the city imposes on resident and non-resident players. 3% of their game checks go to the city. It might not sound like a lot but these guys have a fair amount of expenses and a limited life span to make salaries.

That’s interesting, I wasn’t aware of that.

Lawsuit claims that pro athletes who live outside Pittsburgh are illegally taxed at higher rate

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's hard to believe we are still using the exact same lines as end of last year and this season where we went 3-17. Literally no difference.

PP is exactly the same too.
Flames fired their coach after putting up a 7-3 win. Pens keeping Sullivan on while mismanaging the roster all season.

If they're scared of him not finding work, well the sooner they do it while teams are starting to make changes, the sooner he can f*** off to another team. They're going to help the wild get a fantastic pick while blowing another year.

Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad