Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Why Is All The Good Sticks Are Always Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The fact that Burke is active on twitter is cool. All I have to do is create a Twitter bot and spam him the best HFboards trade idea :laugh:

5290acd4afb5a7b67d45e6ef9ea389a4.gif

It’s his daughter that runs the account.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Tkachuk would be incredible here, but that's a pipe dream.

A rebuilding team doesn't trade away a 23 year old as good as Tkachuk without getting back a comparably aged played that's about as good. We don't have that.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Tkachuk would be incredible here, but that's a pipe dream.

A rebuilding team doesn't trade away a 23 year old as good as Tkachuk without getting back a comparably aged played that's about as good. We don't have that.

He only has two years left until UFA after this one.

I don’t think CGY is going to rebuild.

I don’t think it is a possibility, but Burke loves big trades, has the connection with the org and it fits in with what they want from this team. I dunno, I could see a Guentzel + package for him.

Reactions: KIRK

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I don’t think it is a possibility, but Burke loves big trades, has the connection with the org and it fits in with what they want from this team. I dunno, I could see a Guentzel + package for him.

I'd hate to move Guentzel but if we moved him for anyone, I'd be glad it was Tkachuk.

He's relentless.

Reactions: KIRK and 66-30-33

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Probably could get Bennett for Guentzel and a first

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I guess we will disagree on that one because I definitely see POJ has that type of upside. I think most people would agree he could easily become a good number 2 and some wrongly wanted him in Dumoulin's spot now. In a couple years yes and pretty much a guaranteed number 4.
Don’t talk dmen with pixies. Dude is so hard for 58 that he’ll denigrate any young dman who even shows glimpses of possibly eclipsing Letang. :naughty:

Reactions: Gurglesons

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Good description of me tbh.

It ain't you pix

CM blocked me apparently when I pointed out the toxicity of his citayyyyy of his citttaayyyyyyyy

Also after he told me unsolicited that he was a highly successful All-American Athlete and mega success academically

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
So here’s my Brian Burke inspired tribute.

Dumoulin for Perreault, Harkins and a 1st
McCann for Sanford

Guentzel - Crosby - Kapanen
Sanford - Malkin - Rust
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev
Harkins - Rodrigues - Perreault

Matheson - Marino
POJ - Letang
Petts - Ceci

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
So here’s my Brian Burke inspired tribute.

Dumoulin for Perreault, Harkins and a 1st
McCann for Sanford

Guentzel - Crosby - Kapanen
Sanford - Malkin - Rust
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev
Harkins - Rodrigues - Perreault

Matheson - Marino
POJ - Letang
Petts - Ceci

This is the big one....I'm comin' to join ya... in the sky, HOCKET GOD!
CommonLinedDouglasfirbarkbeetle-small.gif

Reactions: KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It ain't you pix

CM blocked me apparently when I pointed out the toxicity of his citayyyyy of his citttaayyyyyyyy

Also after he told me unsolicited that he was a highly successful All-American Athlete and mega success academically
The Community College of Allegheny County frisbee team is pretty legit, mannnn.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
People are still reading Crosbymalkin’s essays at this point?

Every once in awhile I do just so I can be reminded of the names of every player that’s been on the roster in the last 5 years.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So Dreger says the Kings are looking for a young dynamic left shot D man and have young centers to trade...hmmm, Petts for ?...Turcotte, Madden, Vilardi

Could be a good deal there...if Blake gets off wanting Seth Jones lite back lol

Rob Blake of the Los Angeles Kings is another one looking for a defenseman…25-and-under, he specifically wants a dynamic, left-shot defenseman. When you look at the Los Angeles Kings they do have an abundance of forwards, particularly at center ice. I’m reminded of the big trade that involved the Columbus Blue Jackets a few years back and the Nashville Predators. Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones. If something like that could be worked out for Rob Blake and the LA Kings, he’d do that in a heartbeat.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Tbf if you’re a new GM and this is the only version of Guentzel you’ve watched closely, you’d be relatively unimpressed. Maybe new management would be more willing to part with him.

That said, Hextall got full brunt of Jake’s wrath in Philly.

And meh Jake still has 7 goals and 16 points in 18 games.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So Dreger says the Kings are looking for a young dynamic left shot D man and have young centers to trade...hmmm, Petts for ?...Turcotte, Madden, Vilardi

Could be a good deal there...if Blake gets off wanting Seth Jones lite back lol

Rob Blake of the Los Angeles Kings is another one looking for a defenseman…25-and-under, he specifically wants a dynamic, left-shot defenseman. When you look at the Los Angeles Kings they do have an abundance of forwards, particularly at center ice. I’m reminded of the big trade that involved the Columbus Blue Jackets a few years back and the Nashville Predators. Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones. If something like that could be worked out for Rob Blake and the LA Kings, he’d do that in a heartbeat.”
Petts isn’t dynamic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad