Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Why Is All The Good Sticks Are Always Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I like how you're saying this while totally excusing Malkin's play because he doesn't mesh with Zucker.

Malkin - not Zucker - is critical to the 2nd line working, so his needs must be prioritized. We need a combination that works for him, and Zucker ain't it.

We do the same for Crosby daily.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Reactions: tom_servo

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Lol are people still on the Kahun shit? Not only did Malkin and Kahun not play particularly well together (negative relative analytics and a negative goal differential), but Kahun has proceeded to go to Edmonton and produce scraps while playing with one of the best players in hockey in Draisaitl.

Kahun is on pace for 15 goals and 30 points per 82 games while playing literally 8x as much with Draisaitl as without Draisaitl at 5v5 (235 minutes with Draisaitl and 30 minutes without Draisaitl). Oh yeah, he's doing that in the "defense is optional" division in the North. He sucks, move on from him.
He opened the season with 0 goals in 9 games then scored in back to back nights. Then went 9 games without a goal again and had a 2 goal game.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I’d easily trade Jake+ for Tkachuk. I just don’t see the incentive for Calgary to do it. The plus would likely be too rich.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He opened the season with 0 goals in 9 games then scored in back to back nights. Then went 9 games without a goal again and had a 2 goal game.

Even if you take out those first 9 games, he still only has 7 points in 13 games while playing with Draisaitl while playing in the north division. A pace of 45 points over 82 games while playing with Draisaitl isn't very good. And that's if you just magically ignore his first 9 games, and I don't see a reasonable argument for pretending those games didn't happen.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kahun sucks, Zucker not so much. Theres alot of talented players who have low scoring paces right now. Kahun has always been a JAG.

It unfortunate Zucker got injured becasue he was looking much better

Zucker wasn't working with Malkin for any reasonable length of time. He, in fact, sucked with him.

Kahun didn't.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Zucker wasn't working with Malkin for any reasonable length of time. He, in fact, sucked with him.

Kahun didn't.

Kahun is garbage is my point and losing him was no big deal. Zucker and Malkin both had slow starts. Usually good players figure it out. Kahun rode Malkins coat tails

As you can see he was reunited with one of the hottest players in the NHL and still proves he a JAG

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So here’s my Brian Burke inspired tribute.

Dumoulin for Perreault, Harkins and a 1st
McCann for Sanford

Guentzel - Crosby - Kapanen
Sanford - Malkin - Rust
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev
Harkins - Rodrigues - Perreault

Matheson - Marino
POJ - Letang
Petts - Ceci

I don’t hate it I guess. Perreault was a decent buy low underrated guy for a long time but his contract wasn’t good. I don’t think you get a lot out of him with Erod and Harkins though.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
@Soggy Biscuit pining endlessly for a player we moved on from who is replacement level.

Imagine that.

Cc: Daniel Sprong, Phil Kessel, Patric Hornqvist, etc.
You tend to trash every player after they leave here. You also glorify literally any new player we bring in (see every post you’ve written about Rodrigues) except for maybe Ceci, who has been pretty much the only decent free agent signing JR made this off season.

I guess it’s just a coincidence our power play is an embarrassment now, right?

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You tend to trash every play after they leave here. You also glorify literally any new player we bring in except for maybe Ceci. See every post you every written about Rodrigues.

I guess it’s just a coincidence our power play is an embarrassment now, right?

You’re talking to captain of team Bonino.

Also, I was upset about Oleksiak and Sundqvist. Cole after realizing we let him walk for cash and then gave a similar deal to Jack Johnson.

Championship squads are made then broken apart. Cycling in fresh young players for grizzled vets is always the right move. Turning Kessel, Hornqvist, Hagelin, and Murray into assets was essential. Matheson, POJ and a few picks is a solid enough return in my estimation.

Kahun was not going to be qualified. I’d be cool if he would have signed her for 700k but he obviously wanted to play with his fam Drai.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Also, I was upset about Oleksiak and Sundqvist. Cole after realizing we let him walk for cash and then gave a similar deal to Jack Johnson.
Uhhh didn’t he leave 4 years ago?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Championship squads are made then broken apart. Cycling in fresh young players for grizzled vets is always the right move. Turning Kessel, Hornqvist, Hagelin, and Murray into assets was essential. Matheson, POJ and a few picks is a solid enough return in my estimation.

Kahun was not going to be qualified. I’d be cool if he would have signed her for 700k but he obviously wanted to play with his fam Drai.
Didn’t you just say POJ should be sent to the minors and far from a guaranteed top 4 dman in another thread?

Suddenly, that’s a good return for a ppg player?
giphy.gif

We’ve done a very poor job of replacing these players that left.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
How many times is Madden going to suggest the answer to the Penguins problems is trading Malkin?

He's been suggesting this since 2008 and every year since he's been wrong. 2008, trade Malkin we need to sign Hossa. They win the next season. 2010, trade Malkin you have Staal. The next season Malkin absolutely tears up the NHL with James Neal. 2015, trade Malkin the window is closed. We win back-to-back Stanley Cups.

The guy is 34 years old. He has one year left on his deal. He had 74 points in 55 games last season. Bring him back on a short-term deal for less money than he's making now. Malkin at 36 is most likely better than anything we can afford to trade for or sign. That's the unfortunate truth. I honestly think it's either Pittsburgh or Russia for Malkin, I highly doubt he wants to play on any other NHL team unless they approach him and ask him to waive his NTC to go to another team.

Reactions: Rave7215 and Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
How many times is Madden going to suggest the answer to the Penguins problems is trading Malkin?

He's been suggesting this since 2008 and every year since he's been wrong. 2008, trade Malkin we need to sign Hossa. They win the next season. 2010, trade Malkin you have Staal. The next season Malkin absolutely tears up the NHL with James Neal. 2015, trade Malkin the window is closed. We win back-to-back Stanley Cups.

The guy is 34 years old. He has one year left on his deal. He had 74 points in 55 games last season. Bring him back on a short-term deal for less money than he's making now. Malkin at 36 is most likely better than anything we can afford to trade for or sign. That's the unfortunate truth. I honestly think it's either Pittsburgh or Russia for Malkin, I highly doubt he wants to play on any other NHL team unless they approach him and ask him to waive his NTC to go to another team.

As many times as people talk about it after he says it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad