Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Why Is All The Good Sticks Are Always Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I mean, every team needs a Tom Wilson. Dude's built like a brick shithouse, skates extremely well for someone his size, and is skilled enough to play on a top scoring line and contribute. He's dumb as a f***ing doorknob, but he's a really good player. Would take him in a heartbeat.
Yeah f*** that I don’t care if he’s ghandi wilson from here on out, I don’t want him.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
You tend to trash every player after they leave here. You also glorify literally any new player we bring in (see every post you’ve written about Rodrigues) except for maybe Ceci, who has been pretty much the only decent free agent signing JR made this off season.

I guess it’s just a coincidence our power play is an embarrassment now, right?

I think the majority of this board trashes players that come in here. Like overboard the world is going to end trash.

I thought people were seriously going to off themselves when Gudbranson was brought it, the boards were comical. Ceci is another great example. I mean turns out 90% of the time its nowhere near as bad as the reactions.

Look how the boards react to a slow start or a loss. This team is the best some days and other days its the worst. I like the passion but the overeaction is tiring.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Kahun was awesome here. I don’t give a f*** what anybody says.

Brought an element to the team’s bottom 6 that they have been unable to replace.

Hes a JAG and was one of the easier guys to let go that I can remember.

I can imagine it now if we kept him.......Kahun is keeping Poulin or Lafferty from a roster spot. What is this team doing.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
i resent that...most lawyers are not shady...

I didn’t say most were. Pixie might have been though with his Hornqvist replacement level arguement which he is still trying to defend even though the evidence is so overwhelming.

He just likes to argue. Sometimes it drags on so much that eventually he argues against the original statement he made :laugh:

200.gif

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Hes a JAG and was one of the easier guys to let go that I can remember.

I can imagine it now if we kept him.......Kahun is keeping Poulin or Lafferty from a roster spot. What is this team doing.

Huh? I feel like most people on here liked Kahun. Lafferty sucks anyways...can’t imagine people pining for him over Kahun.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty early but what do you y’all think Blueger & ZAR get as RFAs? Assuming their current point paces come back down to earth a bit I’d say 2-3 years around 2.5-3 million per year. Kinda what McCann got.

I’m also thinking it’s likely we lose McCann in the expansion draft which I know most here won’t be too upset about.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
@Soggy Biscuit pining endlessly for a player we moved on from who is replacement level.

Imagine that.

Cc: Daniel Sprong, Phil Kessel, Patric Hornqvist, etc.

Being better than Zucker's been with Malkin is a low bar, but Kahun clears it at a fraction of the cost.

He wasn't perfect, but he was a useful utility player who didn't make 5.5 mil to be a non-factor in every situation.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kahun is garbage is my point and losing him was no big deal. Zucker and Malkin both had slow starts. Usually good players figure it out. Kahun rode Malkins coat tails

As you can see he was reunited with one of the hottest players in the NHL and still proves he a JAG

Does "JAG" in ALL CAPS mean someone who consistently produces at a 30-40 point pace anywhere in the line-up for a low cost?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kahun gets some shoddy Defenses to play against as well.
Kahun also has some shoddy defense playing behind him as well.

Let me be clear though, while I wanted Kahun back and he was fantastic in a line with Horny and McCann, my whole take is about correct usage and identifying the right combination of players for a line. This team forces things rather than realizing what has worked organically. It's been the main cause of my ire with this coach.

Also to add, they organically let the Blueger line figure out things and then tried to act like it was their plan all along when really it was how do we make these two wingers fit somewhere and Blueger was the glue. I remain very skeptical this coaching staff will ever figure it out.

Reactions: Rust17

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pretty early but what do you y’all think Blueger & ZAR get as RFAs? Assuming their current point paces come back down to earth a bit I’d say 2-3 years around 2.5-3 million per year. Kinda what McCann got.

I’m also thinking it’s likely we lose McCann in the expansion draft which I know most here won’t be too upset about.

Blueger probably gets 2-2.5. I don’t see ZAR getting a raise unless he puts up numbers this year tbh.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
So Dreger says the Kings are looking for a young dynamic left shot D man and have young centers to trade...hmmm, Petts for ?...Turcotte, Madden, Vilardi

Could be a good deal there...if Blake gets off wanting Seth Jones lite back lol

Rob Blake of the Los Angeles Kings is another one looking for a defenseman…25-and-under, he specifically wants a dynamic, left-shot defenseman. When you look at the Los Angeles Kings they do have an abundance of forwards, particularly at center ice. I’m reminded of the big trade that involved the Columbus Blue Jackets a few years back and the Nashville Predators. Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones. If something like that could be worked out for Rob Blake and the LA Kings, he’d do that in a heartbeat.”

Turcotte for POJ would be a decent swap...

(Guentzel, Pettersson, McCann, Legare for Tkachuk, Bennett)

Zucker Crosby Rust
Tkachuk Malkin Kapanen
Bennett Blueger Tanev
Aston-Reese Bellerive Angello

Jesus F, no. 4 (3 now, 1 likely) roster players out? No.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
What’s everyone thoughts on Kap? I feel to start the year, he was flying. He just hasn’t been doing it for me lately though. Thought he was a bit more physical. Would be nice to play him on the pk but I digress. I was expecting more.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Bobby Ryan got another goal tonight...that’s 6 goals...he’d be a great low key pick up

Last edited:

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Sure seem to be showcasing Pettersson on the top pair tonight

Would not miss him if he brought back a Kempe caliber 2nd/3rd line winger with some upside

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Very interested in what the cost would be for Gusev

Underperforming this year on a bad team but he checks the boxes we should be looking for

Right handed shot for the powerplay, plays LW, would likely work with Malkin

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Very interested in what the cost would be for Gusev

Underperforming this year on a bad team but he checks the boxes we should be looking for

Right handed shot for the powerplay, plays LW, would likely work with Malkin

Do you really think he’d work with Malkin? Because if he wasn’t Russian I couldn’t imagine why.

Reactions: KIRK and Gurglesons

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Do you really think he’d work with Malkin? Because if he wasn’t Russian I couldn’t imagine why.

1. Russian
2. Shooter/playmaker

Pretty much sums up the reasoning

To add, he’s also played with Malkin internationally on a successful power play and wouldn’t affect expansion draft considerations

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad