Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Why Is All The Good Sticks Are Always Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I guess we will disagree on that one because I definitely see POJ has that type of upside. I think most people would agree he could easily become a good number 2 and some wrongly wanted him in Dumoulin's spot now. In a couple years yes and pretty much a guaranteed number 4.

No wonder your so positive if you think he is a guaranteed number 4. Dude has got dunked on for like five games straight.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
No wonder your so positive if you think he is a guaranteed number 4. Dude has got dunked on for like five games straight.

And he is a 21 year old rookie. What did you expect? Many on these boards posters have been pushing for him to be on our top pairing now and trade Dumoulin. I was one of the people saying it was crazy and I was right. That doesn't mean I don't see POJ potential. He looked great early on that top pairing before coming down to earth but still has work to do before reaching that potential of a good number 2. I have seen enough to know POJ is a guaranteed number 4 at the very least. That of course is the future and while some want to keep him in our top 6 now I don't and have stated that in many posts. So I have been far from one of the positive posters when it comes to POJ. Obviously he has that potential and honestly I don't see how you don't see that. Like I said we will have to agree to disagree when it comes to POJ's potential but I am not even in the upper half of our posters when it comes to the POJ hype train.

Gurgelsons trying to figure out your obvious low balling POJ.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
And he is a 21 year old rookie. What did you expect? Many on these boards posters have been pushing for him to be on our top pairing now and trade Dumoulin. I was one of the people saying it was crazy and I was right. That doesn't mean I don't see POJ potential. He looked great early on that top pairing before coming down to earth but still has work to do before reaching that potential of a good number 2. I have seen enough to know POJ is a guaranteed number 4 at the very least. That of course is the future and while some want to keep him in our top 6 now I don't and have stated that in many posts. So I have been far from one of the positive posters when it comes to POJ. Obviously he has that potential and honestly I don't see how you don't see that. Like I said we will have to agree to disagree when it comes to POJ's potential but I am not even in the upper half of our posters when it comes to the POJ hype train.

Gurgelsons, you racist? Trying to figure out your obvious low balling POJ.

He works here in a “top pairing role” because we’ve been able to anchor it with Letang and then have Matheson - Marino taking the hard match ups.

He’s not really an attractive skill set. Him as a centerpiece for a player like Forsberg is just unrealistic as is Poulin.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He works here in a “top pairing role” because we’ve been able to anchor it with Letang and then have Matheson - Marino taking the hard match ups.

He’s not really an attractive skill set. Him as a centerpiece for a player like Forsberg is just unrealistic as is Poulin.
giphy.gif
Agreed. It’s a classical case of overvaluing prospects.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

I think you are talking about his play now and not in those games when he was playing 20+ minutes a night. Only recently has Matheson-Marino been that pairing doing that and POJ had been playing 14 minutes a night during that time. So let's stick to the facts. POJ showed that potential when his pairing was the top pairing those nights. Like I said I am far from POJ's hype train on this board. When everyone was saying trade Dumoulin or Pettersson and keep POJ on the top pairing I was against that and seemed to be the minority. Now I find myself his defender from you saying he has no upside to be a number 2 and not a sure future number 4.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

He is a rookie 21 year old and you say he works here because of being with Letang and we have a good 2nd pairing. Showing any promise in that spot with his experience is a big plus to his upside. Dumoulin was years away from showing that promise as a number 2. I also think POJ has more potential than Pettersson who has played as a number 4 all last season and did fine.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
He is a rookie 21 year old and you say he works here because of being with Letang and we have a good 2nd pairing. Showing any promise in that spot with his experience is a big plus to his upside. Dumoulin was years away from showing that promise as a number 2. I also think POJ has more potential than Pettersson who has played as a number 4 all last season and did fine.

Both POJ and Petts are not high end prospects. POJ has a solid chance of being a top four D here, but he won’t bring back a lot in a trade. He was basically a throw in for Kessel.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Save cap and get a player who is locked up longer. I imagine Tkachuk is going to want out if they try to retool. I dunno.

Come to think of it, Tkachuk would be ideal here lol.

Forward group is a bit too small. He's a pest who can draw the opposition's attention away from 87/71/58. Replaces PH on the PP. And he's one of the few legit power forwards left in the league.

You've convinced me Gurgles.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Come to think of it, Tkachuk would be ideal here lol.

Forward group is a bit too small. He's a pest who can draw the opposition's attention away from the 87/71/58. Replaces PH on the PP. And he's one of the few legit power forwards left in the league.

You've convinced me Gurgles.

Zucker - Crosby - Rust
Tkachuk - Malkin - Kapanen

Is a nice build too.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Zucker - Crosby - Rust

Is a nice build too.

Yep. If the Flames are willing to move him, I don't see a team offering much better than Guentzel. Makes sense when you factor in Burke's comments and likely wanting to put his stamp on the team. Would change our makeup pretty quickly.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Zucker - Crosby - Rust

Is a nice build too.

I'd really like the move but I can't see this happening. Think they would want more than just Guentzel...Tkachuk is only 23 and a rare blend of player.

I'd think at least Guentzel + 1st or something

Reactions: KIRK

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Both POJ and Petts are not high end prospects. POJ has a solid chance of being a top four D here, but he won’t bring back a lot in a trade. He was basically a throw in for Kessel.

Pettersson isn't a prospect and a legit top 4 defensman and was all last year with good analytics and stats. Nothing flashy but good for solid second pairing defensively and chips in 25 points a year. Nothing to sneeze at and certainly nice for any team to have a 24 year old top 4 with several years of control. You might not think that is worth much but it certainly is. POJ has more upside than Pettersson and already has shown flashes of that early in his time up before coming back to earth. Saying POJ was the throw in is laughable. Have to block you for that. Sad, would like to think you don't know what your talking about with hockey knowledge but sadly think it is something worse.

All let you respond for your endless 6,000,000 posts you do and then won't bother reading it then do the block.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Pettersson isn't a prospect and a legit top 4 defensman and was all last year with good analytics and stats. Nothing flashy but good for solid second pairing defensively and chips in 25 points a year. Nothing to sneeze at and certainly nice for any team to have a 24 year old top 4 with several years of control. You might not think that is worth much but it certainly is. POJ has more upside than Pettersson and already has shown flashes of that early in his time up before coming back to earth. Saying POJ was the throw in is laughable. Have to block you for that. Sad, would like to think you don't know what your talking about with hockey knowledge but sadly think it is something worse.

Lol. K bud.

I’m all aboard moving out Petts or Dumo for POJ in the line up nightly.

Saying his floor is a top four D is just a joke.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Seems like a lot for him.

I agree, why I think both teams balk at the idea. Tkachuk holds a rare value unless he takes a dump on the GMs desk...and I'm not saying Guentzel isn't crazy valuable. He is. Just be shocked to see CGY give him up.

Again, really intriguing idea. Also someone posted about Sid and it's probably accurate. Sure Sid would have his say...

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
@Hungamania and I disagree on most things Steelers but man announcing the block is such a social-media addicted millennial/gen Z move.

Especially from a highly successful division 1 scholar-athlete-hero who bags Anne Hathaways on the daily.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I agree, why I think both teams balk at the idea. Tkachuk holds a rare value unless he takes a dump on the GMs desk...and I'm not saying Guentzel isn't crazy valuable. He is. Just be shocked to see CGY give him up.

Again, really intriguing idea. Also someone posted about Sid and it's probably accurate. Sure Sid would have his say...

Rumor is that the locker room is split in CGY.

I guess you can choose Tkachuk over Gaudreau it would just be tremendously stupid.

Reactions: Beauner

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Rumor is that the locker room is split in CGY.

I guess you can choose Tkachuk over Gaudreau it would just be tremendously stupid.

I heard rumors Gaudreau was being shopped last year right? Ya, Tkachuk is the guy you keep.

iNtAnGaBlEs...but seriously he's one of a kind. A team identity builder that produces high level. I'd love to have a s*** stirrer like him here. We have always just taken it from every team. Be nice to have a player that would cause issues for other teams.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I heard rumors Gaudreau was being shopped last year right? Ya, Tkachuk is the guy you keep.

iNtAnGaBlEs...but seriously he's one of a kind. A team identity builder that produces high level. I'd love to have a s*** stirrer like him here. We have always just taken it from every team. Be nice to have a player that would cause issues for other teams.

Gaudreau is the better franchise piece. Tkachuk has been just as invisible in playoffs and is like a lesser Marchand.

Tkachuk is the type of player you add around pieces like Crosby and Malkin. Building a team around him would be ill advised IMO.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Imagine we had both Tkachuks. ;)

"You touch him and you're mine"
"NOT IF I GET YOU FIRST WILSON!!!"

Turn the Caps into pacifists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad