Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Why Is All The Good Sticks Are Always Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Forsberg is the same caliber of player as Jake is. Not a play driver, but would be very good with a play driving C, which Sid and Geno both still are. Forsberg is one of the only realistic options where I’d be ok with including Poulin in the deal.

I would include Poulin on that deal also. If they are building for the future I would try a Pettersson 24 and Poulin 20 for Forsberg but most likely they would want POJ and Poulin. I would still do that deal. Yes we are losing two former 1st round picks and both are close to NHL ready with POJ ready now and Poulin most likely next season at some point. That one would hurt but it gives you Forsberg for two playoff runs which are this teams last gasp with this core.

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Forsberg-Malkin-Rust
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev
Zucker-McCann-Rodriguez

Dumoulin-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Pettersson-Ceci

That could win a Cup and would be worth those assets.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
I hate to say it, but I could see a Bobby Ryan trade coming.

Ryan adds size, he has 11 points so far in 21 games. I guess he wouldn't be too expensive and of course he was drafted by Burke. Not that Burke is going to make the decision, ultimately it's up to Hextall. I just really think this is the kind of deal the Penguins are going to make. I just don't see a big trade involving someone like Forsberg happening.

Reactions: tom_servo

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

Ryan adds size, he has 11 points so far in 21 games. I guess he wouldn't be too expensive and of course he was drafted by Burke. Not that Burke is going to make the decision, ultimately it's up to Hextall. I just really think this is the kind of deal the Penguins are going to make. I just don't see a big trade involving someone like Forsberg happening.

I hope your wrong because Forsberg makes us a top contender for the playoffs the next two season's. That puts Zucker down on a line centered by McCann and most likely Rodriguez. Not only does Forsberg make your top 6 better but also allows for enough talent to make two strong 3rd lines. I would do it for our top 2 prospects in POJ and Poulin. I think we get him for that.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
I hope your wrong because Forsberg makes us a top contender for the playoffs the next two season's. That puts Zucker down on a line centered by McCann and most likely Rodriguez. Not only does Forsberg make your top 6 better but also allows for enough talent to make two strong 3rd lines. I would do it for our top 2 prospects in POJ and Poulin. I think we get him for that.
Zucker knee or leg has to be toast for us to chase Forsberg. There will never be a Zucker on lower line. Zucker would have to be out for the season. Zucker would be traded in the offseason for a depressed return due to having major surgery on his knee/leg, his M-NTC and us wanting picks/prospects back only due to salary cap issues.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's with all the ''Forsberg'' talk?

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
We don't really have the assets to chase anyone big.

As much as I want J.T. Miller, you're probably looking at Pettersson and a 1st for him, if they'd even want that. I think if Vancouver moves anyone, it's going to be Gaudette, which I doubt the Penguins want. I think if they're going to make a move for anyone, it'll be a veteran and someone on a expiring contract. Ryan makes sense.

Reactions: Gurglesons

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
You missed the main board Preds thread about how only Josi and Ellis are untouchable. Well, Rinne is untouchable too, but that’s more in an Indian caste system sort of way.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

As a low key move, and for someone who could take a turn a few times in the top six, we could do worse than Ryan...I’d much rather play him than DOC ...

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

There was a guy from Sweden named Carl Filip Anton Forsberg born in 13 August 1994 to Carina Dahlberg and Patrik Forsberg.

He ended up being drafted in the NHL (11th overall by Washington Capitals in 2012). He was traded to Nashville where he is an alternate captain.

He is a Liverpool FC supporter.

Well enough about him. I think he is mentioned as some would like him on our team. That’s all I know right now but I’ll keep you updated as I find out more.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There was a guy from Sweden named Carl Filip Anton Forsberg born in 13 August 1994 to Carina Dahlberg and Patrik Forsberg.

He ended up being drafted in the NHL (11th overall by Washington Capitals in 2012). He was traded to Nashville where he is an alternate captain.

He is a Liverpool FC supporter.

Well enough about him. I think he is mentioned as some would like him on our team. That’s all I know right now but I’ll keep you updated as I find out more.

Figured the guy who has only missed 8 games in the last 30 years would have seen him play before..

Reactions: Tom Hanks

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
We don't really have the assets to chase anyone big.

As much as I want J.T. Miller, you're probably looking at Pettersson and a 1st for him, if they'd even want that. I think if Vancouver moves anyone, it's going to be Gaudette, which I doubt the Penguins want. I think if they're going to make a move for anyone, it'll be a veteran and someone on a expiring contract. Ryan makes sense.

We have the assets it all comes down to if you want to move them. POJ and Poulin could pretty much get you any of the talked about players. Both are former 1st round picks and almost NHL ready. That is much better assets than two 1st round picks that still have a chance to bust like half do outside the top 10. Adding a 21 year old defenseman like POJ with top pairing upside and Poulin who just turned 20 literally days ago would be hard to beat in a bidding war for Forsberg. If I was GM I would get it done. That puts us as deep as anyone come playoff time when Zucker is back.

Who wouldn't want this lineup the next two playoffs?

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Forsberg-Malkin-Rust
Zucker-McCann-Rodriguez
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

Dumoulin-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Pettersson-Ceci

I would put that against any teams lineup. The Blueger line is already one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL and then you add that strong 3rd line to the team. Also that 2nd line with Forsberg could be one of the best in the NHL like the Guentzel-Malkin-Rust line was last year. I would hate to lose a big piece of the future in POJ but for Forsberg I would do it. I always wanted him since that draft and thought for sure we would take him when he fell to us at 8th.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Why not try Zucker with Blueger if that happens? Bury ZAR on the fourth line, where he belongs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
We have the assets it all comes down to if you want to move them. POJ and Poulin could pretty much get you any of the talked about players. Both are former 1st round picks and almost NHL ready. That is much better assets than two 1st round picks that still have a chance to bust like half do outside the top 10. Adding a 21 year old defenseman like POJ with top pairing upside and Poulin who just turned 20 literally days ago would be hard to beat in a bidding war for Forsberg. Of I was GM I would get it done. That puts us as deep as anyone come playoff time when Zucker is back.

Who wouldn't want this lineup the next two playoffs?

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Forsberg-Malkin-Rust
Zucker-McCann-Rodriguez
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

Dumoulin-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Pettersson-Ceci

I would put that against any teams lineup. The Blueger line is already one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL and then you add that strong 3rd line to the team. Also that 2nd line with Forsberg could be one of the best in the NHL like the Guentzel-Malkin-Rust line was last year. I would hate to lose a big piece of the future in POJ but for Forsberg I would do it. I always wanted him since that draft and thought for sure we would take him when he fell to us at 8th.

Poulin and POJ ain't getting you Forsberg.

If he's available teams like Edmonton, NYI, Boston are going to be involved. They have deeper rosters and prospect pools they can dive into.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Poulin and POJ ain't getting you Forsberg.

If I was a GM doing a rebuild that would be a nice package of assets at the right age. POJ has to be a very attractive piece getting a potential top pairing defensman that is 21 years old and looks NHL ready. Also Poulin just turned 20 former 1st. I think teams would have a hard time beating that offer. Maybe you sweeten it a little but that package of two former 1sts on a good trajectory and close to being ready has got to be in the running.

What do you think teams would offer for him?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If I was a GM doing a rebuild that would be a nice package of assets at the right age. POJ has to be a very attractive piece getting a potential top pairing defensman that is 21 years old and looks NHL ready. Also Poulin just turned 20 former 1st. I think teams would have a hard time beating that offer. Maybe you sweeten it a little but that package of two former 1sts on a good trajectory and close to being ready has got to be in the running.
upload_2021-2-26_19-17-3.jpeg

His team photo killed what value he had. I’d imagine a team could beat a POJ + Poulin offer pretty easily.

If Poulin couldn’t crack this bottom six, he’s several years away from being NHL ready.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

What do you think teams would offer for him?

Well, I’m not really sure in what world POJ is a top pairing potential defenseman.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Well, I’m not really sure in what world POJ is a top pairing potential defenseman.

I am not talking right now obviously but I could easily see him developing into better than Dumoulin who has been on our top pairing for two Cups. Never said he is going to be a number 1 but a very strong number 2 potential definitely. We have seen glimpses of that already the first couple games.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

I guess we will disagree on that one because I definitely see POJ has that type of upside. I think most people would agree he could easily become a good number 2 and some wrongly wanted him in Dumoulin's spot now. In a couple years yes and pretty much a guaranteed number 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany