Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Why Is All The Good Sticks Are Always Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
At some point we need players that will make Sid and Malkin secondary, in the way that Couture and Pavelski did with Thornton and Marleau. Yes SJS didn't win a Cup, but that's the model.

We have kinda 1 of those, if you squint, in Jake.

I know it's easier said than done. But that's why like if Fil Forsberg is out there or we could coax my man-crush Barzal out of NYI we should move heaven and earth to do it.

been saying this for awhile ...it’s our biggest need and hard to get...Forsberg isn’t it imo because he’s not good enough, but we need a play driver: Pasta, Marner, Patty Kane lol...that’s what we need...don’t see any of these players available lol...gotta draft high, like real high...

Reactions: ChaosAgent

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
been saying this for awhile ...it’s our biggest need and hard to get...Forsberg isn’t it imo because he’s not good enough, but we need a play driver: Pasta, Marner, Patty Kane lol...that’s what we need...don’t see any of these players available lol...gotta draft high, like real high...

Forsberg I feel like would be pretty effective if he’s not relied on to be a number 1 F with minimal help.

The rest of the those guys. Given that you’d have to draft that caliber of player: we don’t pick until 2022, so I’d say a minimum of 2 seasons after this one until said superstar forward arrives. So 2023-24. And that’s assuming we draft high. Just not realistic in this current window.

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Forsberg I feel like would be pretty effective if he’s not relied on to be a number 1 F with minimal help.

The rest of the those guys. Given that you’d have to draft that caliber of player: we don’t pick until 2022, so I’d say a minimum of 2 seasons after this one until said superstar forward arrives. So 2023-24. And that’s assuming we draft high. Just not realistic in this current window.

It would have been easier to make salaries match if we could move Zucker.

But now it'd be like POJ, Poulin + either Dumo or Petts I think.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yeah, but I don’t think he’s a true difference maker from what I’ve seen of him...he’s another complimentary winger who better at scoring than Zucker...for what he’ll cost to obtain, don’t see the big boost, plus he’s already 27 and signed for awhile...we need to go younger if we’re spending another first or good prospect

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Could be worth trying on Geno's line. The third line with Lafferty didn't seem as effective. And I only noticed the bad that ZAR did with Geno and Rust. Yeah, yeah, it's just one game.
You probably won’t find a solution to Zucker’s spot on the waiver wire. Claim some guys for the fourth line, but what are the chances you can find a suitable top 6 player?

I don’t want a repeat of 2012-2014 when Shero tried a bunch of garbage players in our top 6 like Pyatt and Zack “he’s just snake bitten” Boychuk.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
You probably won’t find a solution to Zucker’s spot on the waiver wire. Claim some guys for the fourth line, but what are the chances you can find a suitable top 6 player?

I don’t want a repeat of 2012-2014 when Shero tried a bunch of garbage players in our top 6 like Pyatt and Zack “he’s just snake bitten” Boychuk.

I agree but he's a free asset and is known to score goals.

Reactions: Trade and BHD

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Forsberg is the same caliber of player as Jake is. Not a play driver, but would be very good with a play driving C, which Sid and Geno both still are. Forsberg is one of the only realistic options where I’d be ok with including Poulin in the deal.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Top or bottom six and my A picks are in bold.

Forsberg
Arvidson
Granlund
Jenner
Laine
Rakell
Silverberg

Kessel
Saad
Burakovsky
Donskoi
Kadri
Brown
Iafallo
Johansson
Bonino
Rask
Foligno
Hertl
Schwartz
Hoffman
Tuch

Smith
Janmark
Soderberg
Foligno - CBJ

Pavelski
Rudulov
Hall
Reinhart

Staal E.
Palimeri
Gusev
Wood

Last edited:
Reactions: That1Kid

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Could be worth trying on Geno's line. The third line with Lafferty didn't seem as effective. And I only noticed the bad that ZAR did with Geno and Rust. Yeah, yeah, it's just one game.

I think it will only be one game or at least I hope. Hopefully Sullivan has this next game.

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
McCann-Malkin-Rust
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev
Whatever from those others on the 4th

I think those 3 lines can play amd get it down without missing Zucker at all.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Top or bottom six and my A picks are in bold.

Forsberg
Arvidson
Granlund
Jenner
Laine
Rakell
Silverberg

Kessel
Saad
Burakovsky
Donskoi
Kadri
Brown
Iafallo
Johansson
Bonino
Rask
Foligno
Hertl
Schwartz
Hoffman
Tuch

Smith
Janmark
Soderberg
Foligno - CBJ

Pavelski
Rudulov
Hall
Reinhart

Staal E.
Palimeri
Gusev
Wood

So many players here aren’t realistic.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He potted a handful of goals last season and scored 13 goals a couple years ago. He can't be worse than the likes of Lafferty and O'Connnor.

Maybe. I certainly don't think he moves the needle much. Maybe from the aspect of "new" which is sometimes valuable but I don't think he provides an ability or skillset that we are missing. One aspect of a guy like him that I always struggle with is - SJ sucks...and they are waiving him. What's that say? Now, to be fair, there's plenty of reasons and factors that go into it but for a team struggling like SJ, I would assume they would be all over impact players, regardless of 1st or 4th line abilities. So if they are tossing him, would he be of impact here?

I agree but he's a free asset and is known to score goals.

Yes but in a year where we are also focused on real dollars, I don't think so unless they have a real plan to move forwards and he is a replacement player. I do believe Friedman is a replacement for someone. Just don't know who yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00