Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Sugar "KANE" Turns Into 'Rymes with' M, M, M...My Sharona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
There isn’t much out there for cheap goaltending either. Halak and Holtby will probably cost more than Hextall wants to pay. Maybe Craig Anderson? But at that point I’d rather just bet on CDS turning it around,

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Do we even want Eberle? I mean I know he has the same bloodline of the likes of Chris Krieder, Tage Thompson who are Penguin killers.

What is he cost controlled 2 more years?

If we are giving up a 1st rounder is that the best we can get salary wise and player that works for this team?

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd also be super curious on how this Eberle acquisition would work with the salary cap. The Penguins have literally no cap space right now. Any sort of addition like that would require Zucker going out, or would require Pettersson going out and the other team retaining money. You can't acquire someone like Eberle to push Zucker to the 3rd line because you don't have the cap space to actually do that.

Well, "super curious" isn't the right phrase because I know the rumor is fake.

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

BobCole

May 21, 2014
His formal counter to the pens is still 11+ million for 4+ years... I wrote that stupidly my subjection was that he'd do at least 8.5 for 3 as a base salary/salary bonus for that 5 year term. Sorry that was what I mean.

I'm not trying to be hostile (it's hard to convey tone in written form), but it's hard to believe that a player agent or an NHL GM are leaking the details of contract negotiations of a franchise player (including the exact dollar/term amounts) directly to you and are OK with you sharing them publicly on the Internet. I'm not trying to accuse you of being a liar, but I just don't understand it. Can you explain the story here?

To add, I've had access to a lot of information like this (never contract negotiations, but specifics about player personnel, hirings/firings, the team's sale, and other "privileged info," for lack of a better term) and it went without saying that I was not to share this information publicly. So like I said, I'm genuinely curious what's going on in your case.

Last edited:

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not trying to be aggressive or accusatory (it's hard to convey tone in written form), but it's hard to believe that a player agent or an NHL GM are voluntarily leaking the details of individual offers/counter-offers of a franchise player and are OK with them being shared publicly on the Internet. I'm not trying to accuse you of being a liar, but I just don't understand it. Can you explain the story here?

He's his agent.....duh

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Do we even want Eberle? I mean I know he has the same bloodline of the likes of Chris Krieder, Tage Thompson who are Penguin killers.

What is he cost controlled 2 more years?

If we are giving up a 1st rounder is that the best we can get salary wise and player that works for this team?

we don’t need and shouldn’t want Eberle…forward group is fine barring another LTIR injury…vet backup goalie is major need

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I'm not trying to be aggressive or accusatory (it's hard to convey tone in written form), but it's hard to believe that a player agent or an NHL GM are voluntarily leaking the details of individual offers/counter-offers of a franchise player and are OK with them being shared publicly on the Internet. I'm not trying to accuse you of being a liar, but I just don't understand it. Can you explain the story here?
Letangs wanted 12+ million and 4 year deal originally. Burkle got here and was like wahhh noo. Ownership issues kinda shelved talks. Burkle and GMRH both watched him play last year and were like damn, kids got legs still. He can flat out play.

11+M 4 years in summer maybe down to 11M 3 years at start of season.

Negotiating pause. New Ownership. Now 5 year spread the money deal talked about.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Letangs wanted 12+ million and 4 year deal originally. Burkle got here and was like wahhh noo. Ownership issues kinda shelved talks. Burkle and GMRH both watched him play last year and were like damn, kids got legs still. He can flat out play.

Negotiating pause. New Ownership. Now 5 year spread the money deal talked about.
*Burke

Unless you actually mean Ron Burkle.

BobCole

May 21, 2014

I'm not sure why you quoted me. You didn't respond to my question at all.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Letang at age 35 wanted a multi year deal that would make him the highest paid defenseman in hockey and the 2nd highest paid player in hockey?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

I believe that as much as I believe the Quebec media trying to push the "Penguins offer to Letang was 2 years at $5 million a year" nonsense.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I interned with the Pens years ago does that count for anything.

Was a pretty awesome experience. Scuderi got upset with me because we called Ronald Petroviky, Rob

He said, "His name is Ron" :laugh:

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Letang and pens talking 5 year 6.5M per contract

Malkin 2 years 8M

I don't disagree with the pens choice because, hey, who else are you gonna spend your money on?

Looking for a Winger to bump zuccher to a third line role full time. Could trade 1st but highly doubtful. I know pens have looked at Jordan Eberle and Paul Byron

Isn't Erod already doing that when Rust comes back?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I saw Kris Letang at a grocery store in Pittsburgh once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I saw Kris Letang at a grocery store in Pittsburgh once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

lazy copypasta

you're better than this

Reactions: Empoleon8771
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA