Sarnia Sting 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Screenshot_20240513-001618.png
Let me know if I forgot someone, but here's how I'd say the Sting depth chart looks before the import draft. (Ignore what side they are didn't really care what there exact wing/side they play)

Crazy thing is if the lineup shook out like this (first 4 lines, 3 pairs, 2G) the teams average age would be 17.90 (would change as guys probably turn 18/19 by season start) but that would've been the youngest team in the league this past season.

So while I anticipate us being better it's still gonna be an incredibly young team. In saying that I really look forward to seeing them, especially if they get a real dynamic F with the 6th pick in the import draft.

Like we keep saying the D battle at camp will be a crazy one. Should drive guys in the summer as those final couple spots will be a dog fight to get. Up front there will be a big battle too & some of the returning guys better come in ready to go or they could lose their spot.

Goalie will be a big thing to watch come camp too. Can 1 guy seperate from the rest & show he's a starter. I've said it 100x but I won't be surprised if they add one (import or trade).

Excited to see this group when late August finally arrives. A lot of youth, but a lot of exciting young guys with talent on F & D.

Last edited:

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
There will be off season trades plus new guys come in at camp.
Missing a tough forward atleast 1 if London didnt show everyone anything toughness is needed. We are too soft of a team.
Need at 20 year old D as well, Vet with grit that can steady this D Core.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I wouldnt be surprised if guys that were there last year won't crack this years team Sarnia Legionnaires will be really good from what I see. they will get some pretty good players
Does it sound like any of the 2024 draft picks will be playing with the Legionnaires?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
"Work is moving along at Progressive Auto Sales Arena, as we install new NHL approved rink boards and glass for Rink 1 and complete rubber floor replacement throughout the lower level.

It’s not all we’re doing to revitalize the arena, with $1.8 million allocated for the facility in 2024 funding elevator upgrades, refrigeration plant re-design, and exterior improvements; including railing replacement at all gates, and concrete repairs at all entrances."

Wow more serious money going into the arena. Fricken love to see it! NHL boards & glass will be nice as will the floor. Entrance gates getting work is nice to see too.

Man have they ever sunken some money into this team the last decade since the owner change. Nice to see the city chipping in now too.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
"Work is moving along at Progressive Auto Sales Arena, as we install new NHL approved rink boards and glass for Rink 1 and complete rubber floor replacement throughout the lower level.

It’s not all we’re doing to revitalize the arena, with $1.8 million allocated for the facility in 2024 funding elevator upgrades, refrigeration plant re-design, and exterior improvements; including railing replacement at all gates, and concrete repairs at all entrances."

Wow more serious money going into the arena. Fricken love to see it! NHL boards & glass will be nice as will the floor. Entrance gates getting work is nice to see too.

Man have they ever sunken some money into this team the last decade since the owner change. Nice to see the city chipping in now too.
Great to see, I also heard they were making a new tunnel out to the ice that would be closer to their new dressing room not sure if that’s still a go. Something they need to do is get rid of those ugly ass maroon seats and put nhl quality black ones in.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Great to see, I also heard they were making a new tunnel out to the ice that would be closer to their new dressing room not sure if that’s still a go. Something they need to do is get rid of those ugly ass maroon seats and put nhl quality black ones in.
Definitely need new seats. But I'll take one step at a time haha.

Reactions: robp1219

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
man... Saginaw has the be the worst Memorial Cup hosts ever.... many empty seats when Saginaw are playing ... just a brutal arena/atmosphere.... Sarnia could do much better imo.... That being said Saginaw may be the 2nd best team in the tourney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad