Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Sugar "KANE" Turns Into 'Rymes with' M, M, M...My Sharona

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Letang and Malkin have to fit into a cap world that is semi flat for another 3 years. Looking at 17 million which is about what they make now is probably the high end of the offer. I don;t go longer than 3 years and I do think both want to stay and take some discount. Pens have to move Zucker this off season and that will help. Rust may price himself out of here and that is OK. Pens have enough cap space after the 17 million and assuming Zucker is moved for picks or prospects, Hextal has cap space to add a winger for Rust, maybe a RHD as a 3rd line D man ala Ceci.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Honestly if Letang seriously said "I want $11 million" and I was Hextall, I would just cut off any sort of contract negotiations with him and just use him as a self-rental for the rest of the year.

Letang asking for $11+ million as his first ask is just as unreasonable as the Penguins offering Letang $5 million as their first offer. It's absolutely ludicrous and it would kill any sort of negotiations I'd have with him.
Well, there's this from the Athletic. Look at the Market Value in the top right...

Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-7.13.10-PM.png

Here's Malkin, by the way.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-7.11.40-PM.png

I won't post any others because they're behind a paywall.

NHL Player Cards: Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad