Phoenix XLVIII: Of Mice and Lieberman

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The really sad thing in all this is.... that the last 100 posts are all about what to name the next 1,000 posts.

"There Will Always be Another One" --- Me

Phoenix XLIX : "Meep Meep"

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I find it difficult to digest the flurry of conversation. How is the estimated playoff ticket price for a franchise that didn't make the playoffs germane to the topic at hand?. You cannot argue the sound a falling tree makes when there isn't anyone around to hear it.

images

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I believe I posted a link to the article a few days ago Killi that had said info..... I am astonished you would even think for a moment I would mislead anyone.???:rant:

...well Sir, after consuming the contents of a skull shaped crystal bottle of Mescal, I became mesmerized by yer avy. Stared at it slack jawed, fighting back the tears for a good 17 minutes, so I figured Id have some fun at your expence.

Leafs fan.... :baghead:

Last edited:

Niagara67

Jun 4, 2010
Time_machine_2.jpg

I'm going to use Stewie's time machine. Find out what happened...and then come back and tell you guys.

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
Phoenix Part XLIX: I feel I'm in a time loop

I know it was already used.

Niagara67

Jun 4, 2010
Time_machine_2.jpg

I'm back already. Oh wow...where do I start. There are only 6 teams in the NHL...they are all located in Phoenix...and they all play out of Jobing.com. IEH owns 3 of them. Oh g, I gotta go get some morphine.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
This team is currently owned by the NHL and heading into the Weatern Conference Final. Are people really that dillusional to believe that Gary wouldn't flat out lie about the state of this team while they're still playing?

Not at all, but why hold a press conference solely to spew lies? Instead just say nothing or be one of the "unnamed sources" we read about so often in this mess.

Niagara67

Jun 4, 2010
Not at all, but why hold a press conference solely to spew lies? Instead just say nothing or be one of the "unnamed sources" we read about so often in this mess.

Simple rule of media interaction...control the message! If you'd don't tell them anything..they will make up stuff. Did GB really lie? Sounds to me like he told the truth. Not the whole truth, but a small fragment of it.

Edit : These people make a living by training people how to control the media :
http://mcloughlinmedia.com/encounteringthemediap43.php

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012
Simple rule of media interaction...control the message! If you'd don't tell them anything..they will make up stuff. Did GB really lie? Sounds to me like he told the truth. Not the whole truth, but a small fragment of it.

Bingo.

People put way too much trust in what is being said through the media.

Bettman is a lawyer, no way he put the NHL in a situation he can't get out of, and judging by yesterday's Glendale city council meeting, they didn't look like they fell for what he had to sell either.

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
Yes. People spoke and then the council members had their say. Mayor spoke last. She doesn't give a **** about the Coyotes no more. She said she didn't take an oath to enrich businesses but to protect residents and make Glendale a wonderful place to live. It's a little hypocritical and late but she's there now.

Better late than never I guess. It's also been interesting watching her evolve during this process.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

Oh, the good old marketing lessons. I still remember it and the best parts for me have always been the non-verbal communication lessons.

To add onto your answer, if you want to control the message but don't say anything, you will end up getting caught and will end up giving to much information, the wrong way. By saying something, you make a statement and become the most reliable source of information. All the ''anonymous sources'' get the heat and have to justify new information with facts.

After all, new journalists go to school to learn how to ask trap questions and old journalists open school that teach businessmen how to face those trap questions and don't get caught.

The worst thing is a good trap question and an answer that goes : Well...hum...we...euh...yeah...

If I remember well, someone transcribed a council session and it was Martinez or Beasley who would have a ''eugh...'' every two words.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Anyone else worry that maybe, a year from now, the new Mayor of Glendale stands up and says :

"The NHL promised us a year ago that they were very close to finding a buyer for this team and yet, a year later, nothing. And now we have committed all this money that we don’t have.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad