Petterson or Dahlin?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Dahlin is a year and half younger, and playing very good D while on pace to score 45+ points this year....and his offensive game is getting much better as the season continues. I'd take Petersson this year, but Dahlin going forward

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Love Petterson - but gotta go with Dahlin.
Would you rather have Bossy/Trottier or Potvin - I'll take Potvin. - but understand why others would disagree.

Reactions: sabremike

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Dahlin will most likely have a better career, but as a Swede I'm happier about the development of Pettersson than Dahlin.

We have had so many elite d-men during the last couple of years, but no real exceptional forward except Filip Forsberg.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
I'll take the #1 Dman with his skillset in nearly all scenarios. Granted, I absolutely love Pettersson's game but it's so much more difficult to get that blue liner that checks nearly all the boxes you would want eating a ton of minutes every game.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I love watching Dahlin pull pucks out of the air and keep the play alive. Along with everything he does well, his hand/eye coordination is amazing.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If you've seen both live, Petterson looks like Gretzky. It sounds absurdist but it's true. The difference is in supporting cast. When Gretzky was on Team Canada he played a different game with unfamiliar team mates. That's what Petterson is playing like. He has abilities his team mates cannot comprehend. He certainly doesn't have a team built around him. It's a tragic waste, IMO.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
If you've seen both live, Petterson looks like Gretzky. It sounds absurdist but it's true. The difference is in supporting cast. When Gretzky was on Team Canada he played a different game with unfamiliar team mates. That's what Petterson is playing like. He has abilities his team mates cannot comprehend. He certainly doesn't have a team built around him. It's a tragic waste, IMO.

He will have Hughes joining him on the PP soon.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

The difference between Gretzky and Pettersson is supporting cast? Seriously....

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Stop with the comparisons already....Crosby has had worse wingers throughout his career and continued to rack up assists regardless of who he was playing with.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
12 points for dahlin now in 23 games.

Beast.

He will make a lot of mistakes but that’s how dahlin has to play to Be good.

This is not a defensemen that’s going to make the safe play this is the guy who’s going to be confident and trust his instincts and if it doesen’t work out he seems to make a good second or third decision, that it doesent totally backfire.

The mistakes will get cleaned up as he learns to adapt to this ice, this culture, this league as he gets to Be an adult.

We can attribute lots of things to being 15-6-2 but dahlins just been terrific.

I think people who watch him that have said bad things maybe just expect too much. They’re not being very rational with expectations, almost thinking there going to see prime lidstrom when they watch him.

This is a kid playing a position that takes longer then any other to learn and be good at. Look at how long it took Hedman.

The fact Dahlin has adapted so well and we’re only 25 percent into the first year of his career is frightening.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Petterson is unbelievable, but I'm still taking Dahlin here. He's just starting to get comfortable.

4 points, -1 in his first 12 games. 8 points, +7 in his last 10 games. You can see that he still makes some rookie mistakes, but they are already getting less common, and his confidence is climbing.

And - he plays D.

Reactions: Sabres

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Superstar 1C vs superstar 1D I’d pick based on team need.

They’ll both be top 5-10 players in the league soon enough.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I'll say this, it's hard to narrow down what the ceiling is for both of them. Just unreal ability with an absolute ton of room to grow.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
forgot VAN

Do you view Horvat as an overly competent 2C in the future? I like the way he's progressing as a fan of a different team. Asking only out of curiosity, not sarcasm. Not saying that the addition of Petterson isn't fantastic, but I think Horvat has 1C potential, and that can only be great for VAN.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Do you view Horvat as an overly competent 2C in the future? I like the way he's progressing as a fan of a different team. Asking only out of curiosity, not sarcasm. Not saying that the addition of Petterson isn't fantastic, but I think Horvat has 1C potential, and that can only be great for VAN.

Horvat is a great player, probably goes top 5 in a 2013 re-draft. But no, I don't think he's a 1c on a Cup winning team which is the end goal.

No I didn't.

we had this debate on the Canucks forum before Pettersson came over and 1/4 of the votes, which includes mine voted Dahlin over EP + 5th overall. Ask that again and our front office and not a chance

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Horvat is a great player, probably goes top 5 in a 2013 re-draft. But no, I don't think he's a 1c on a Cup winning team which is the end goal.

we had this debate on the Canucks forum before Pettersson came over and 1/4 of the votes, which includes mine voted Dahlin over EP + 5th overall. Ask that again and our front office and not a chance
OK -- not what I would do, but add VAN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad