Petterson or Dahlin?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Dahlin will win a cup in his nhl Career. Players on that level(Crosby, Ovechkin, Mcdavid, Matthews, Dahlin) all win a cup at some point I their career. I want a cup; I’ll take Dahlin.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Man what dahlin is doing as an 18 year old is hard to overlook but for this year i would have to go with petey

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Dahlin

This is like the people comparing McDavid to others in their rookie seasons just because they were performing well the first 20 games then.

Give Dahlin 2 years and its not close. That coming from someone who really like Pettersson.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’d take Dahlin long term. But as a Vancouver fan it feels like we were co-winners of the draft lottery with our expansion cousins. EP is the real deal though. He’s going to be one of the top young centers in the league behind McDavid.
Ps. You still owe us for Perrault over Tallon.
;)

Reactions: sjci

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I would like to say #1 D are harder to acquire because there's fewer of them but my favorite team threw away 2 full seasons to specifically draft centers so...

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Is Heiskanen generational too even though he is already 19?

1. Heiskanen is 19
2. Heiskanen is only on pace to produce 30 points

So, no, what he's doing is not on par with what Dahlin is achieving as an 18-year-old. Still a damn impressive young defenseman, though.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
As a Swede who have seen them both live quite a few times I would gamble on Pettersson. Don't believe Dahlin will peak higher than Hedman(not that there is anything wrong with that), Pettersson I truly believe have the potential to challenge Forsberg for best Swedish forward of all time but he could end up like a Alfredsson(give or take) kind of player aswell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ainec

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I really like Pettersson, but I gotta go with Dahlin.

Franchise dmen don't grow on trees like forwards.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Ekblad doesn't count. He must have some genetic disfunction. Physically he is basically in his mid 30's since the age of 16.
Ha, some players are like that we drafted a kid named Mattias Samuelsson and he looks like he's in his 30's.
I4dDPyi.jpg

Reactions: Speyer

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Elias certainly got everyone’s attention early.
Right now, he is the 56th-highest scoring forward in the league.
Dahlin is the 25th-highest scoring defenceman.

Who will be the best rookie come April?
Who would you rather have?

ppg is a more fair comparison, since Pewee missed a bunch of games.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I think concussions messed up Ekblads progression. He also doesn't have the same skillset as Dahlin does. In addition, Ekblad was already physically mature, Dahlin is 2-3 years away from that.

I agree, I was more pointing out that saying what Dahlin is doing right now isn't special because Ekblad did almost the same thing a couple years ago is ridiculous since Ekblad's performance won him the Calder.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Dahlin is a better talent all things considered. Pettersson came in and seemed like Gretzky for several games but now is appearing to be human. Hard to say what Pettersson is....but with Dahlin there is no volatility and seems he's just getting more comfortable every game.

Would like to see Pettersson with some good teammates. Maybe Vancouver can finally win a draft lottery this year and give him Hughes to play with. Pettersson is special there's no doubt about that. His 1 timer is scary accurate.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I'm a bit biased but I'll go with the highest scoring under 20 SHL player of all time (including playoffs).

At the start of last season I would have been happy with trading EP + lottery pick for Dahlin.

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I doubted Pettersson's record breaking season in Sweden, doubted his ability to play center and also said Dahlin is generational

But through 20 games Pettersson has shown a lot of things.

For one, I was really surprised his shot is up there with his hockey iq. Even as a center I'll have a hard time believing he doesn't hit 40 goals when the PP runs through him

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Buffalo is a very good team, love the additions of Skinner & Sheary, Eichel & Mittelstadt look solid down the middle, they are firing on all cylinders; This should be factored in to Dahlin’s play and point totals. On the Canucks there are 3 good players (Horvat, Boeser & Pettersson), with Boeser out, Pettersson is playing with AHL level players. The stats don’t do EP justice, he creates so much for the team, but 95% of the time they botch the play. He’s making AHL level players look good. If we swapped Dahlin for Pettersson, the Canucks would not be a .500 team and would be deep in the basement. I would take Pettersson.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Buffalo is a very good team, love the additions of Skinner & Sheary, Eichel & Middlestadt look solid down the middle, they are firing on all cylinders; This should be factored in to Dahlin’s play and point totals. On the Canucks there are 3 good players (Horvat, Boeser & Pettersson), with Boeser out, Pettersson is playing with AHL level players. The stats don’t do EP justice, he creates so much for the team, but 95% of the time they botch the play. He’s making AHL level players look good. If we swapped Dahlin for Pettersson, the Canucks would not be a .500 team and would be deep in the basement. I would take Pettersson.

If you watched the Sabres any time in the past ~5 seasons, you would know Dahlin is a massive part of why the team is miraculously much better now that he's on it. It's not a coincidence. Those talented forwards we have barely got to play with the puck in past years because our defense couldn't effectively transition from defense to offense.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3