Petterson or Dahlin?

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Elias certainly got everyone’s attention early.
Right now, he is the 56th-highest scoring forward in the league.
Dahlin is the 25th-highest scoring defenceman.

Who will be the best rookie come April?
Who would you rather have?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
pettersson ainec

<- former person that voted would trade 5th overall + pettersson for 1st overall (dahlin) on HFVAN

I've reformed and saw the light

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Tough call. Today, I take Dahlin. That could easily change. These are the top two teenagers in the game.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Come April? Pettersson.

Simply because defenseman take longer to develop.

Rather have? Dahlin.

He's going to be a generational defenseman with all the tools you could possibly want in one. Pettersson has been fantastic for us, but Horvat is going to end up being a 1B center and there will likely be a solid 1B/2A option available for us in this years draft.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Dahlin as a Canucks fan.

Love Pettersson to death, but I would bite my tongue and take Dahlin.

Both are going to be phenomenal, but I truly think Dahlin can be franchise level.

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Dahlin. I think there's a good chance both are nominated for major awards down the road. I prefer the elite #1 D over an offensive #1C though.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Definitely Pettersson for me. Dahlin is good and will become much better than he is now, but I think he is still a tad overrated. I just don't see anything even close to generational in him, or even potential of becoming that good. Pettersson will be a better player in his prime. I’m quite confident about it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Pettersson's been lights out for the Canucks. Him for sure. Dhalin is not even the best rookie dman right now. He's not even the best dman on the Sabres.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If buffalo makes the pkayoffs and Vancouver doesn’t then dahlin gets it.

Dahlin was the start of the season favorite to start so Peterson needs to put up an eye popping rookie season.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Definitely Pettersson for me. Dahlin is good and will become much better than he is now, but I think he is still a tad overrated. I just don't see anything even close to generational in him, or even potential of becoming that good. Pettersson will be a better player in his prime. I’m quite confident about it.

Don't see generational? Dahlin is on pace to score over 40 points as an 18-year-old defenseman. This feat is so unremarkable that it has been accomplished exactly twice in NHL history, once by Phil Housley and once by Bobby Orr. He's also a + possession player logging ~18.5 minutes per game (playing in the top 4, not being sheltered). Kid is going to be scary good in a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->