Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Hayton would make any team in the league so much better, but for the Petes, I don't want him because I don't want any of the current Centers to move around or lose time. Outside of Robertson and Kirk, the most consistently effective players so far have been SDA, Gallant, McTavish and Grondin. They're all providing great amounts of their own impact on every game and more than deserve all the ice time they get. Hayton would be a great player to make a playoff run with, but I'm more than happy with the current center makeup and no move should come at their expense

Reactions: dirty12

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002

Gallant and Grondin switch lines.

Still no Hutton.

Chisholm, Paquette and Wilson all on different pairings.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
RW/C Tomasino might be the best fit and most expensive option for the Petes. An added plus is Tomasino is quite possibly the first choice for the Gens & ‘67s.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Hayton can play wing too if the coach feels the same way. Chances are the coach would be happy to have this problem though.
I remember seeing Hayton and Frost flip flop between center and wing last year in the WJC and I remember thinking he looked put of place on the wing. That was a small sample size of course, so I'll take your word for it. Good problem to have though, you're right

Reactions: NorthernVoice

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
He played wing in the NHL. Thinking if its a problem it might be more of a minor problem.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Hayton is so good there are like 4 SSM fans desperately trying to send him here for a shot at Nick Robertson.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Kiss of death......
showing up on the CHL Top 10
Petes (9th) and Owen Sound (6th) both lose tonight

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
we have two really good scoring lines in Kirk, SDA, Robertson then Gallant, McTavish, Butler, so why mess with the lines? Oh and when does Michael Simpson get a start? 8 shots on net 3 goals against? vs Sarnia?Kiss of death, regarding top 10 picks in country, Why waste points? Simpson in Kitchener looked great even thou hes a rookie and only 16 he's big athletic and quick, looked poised in goal.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Are you trying to be deceiving or just actually looking at posts from 2 weeks ago and thinking they're from today?

That post is from October 11th, when Peterborough played in Sarnia and Hunter Jones was in net

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 11.00.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 11.00.03 PM.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Bra Wavers

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Good game Pete’s, not sure why the coach would put Austin in against sarnia, sting riding a 3 game winning streak scoring 21 goals in those 3 games two of the games against barrie and Oshawa

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
The team looked defeated five minutes into the game. Ultimately we could have won this game after putting up close to 40 shots but Sarnia's goalie made key, timely saves and we didn't get any of those until late in the third period.

Little disappointed with Gallant's penalty shot. I guess you make your mind up what you're going to do but nothing opened up and instead of making a move he just fired it right at the closed pads and stick guarding the five-hole.

I still think we should have waited to use an OA spot on a dynamic forward. If we want three lines that can score, that's the route we needed to go.

Blueliner65

Sep 21, 2019
The team looked defeated five minutes into the game. Ultimately we could have won this game after putting up close to 40 shots but Sarnia's goalie made key, timely saves and we didn't get any of those until late in the third period.

Little disappointed with Gallant's penalty shot. I guess you make your mind up what you're going to do but nothing opened up and instead of making a move he just fired it right at the closed pads and stick guarding the five-hole.

I still think we should have waited to use an OA spot on a dynamic forward. If we want three lines that can score, that's the route we needed to go.

Blueliner65

Sep 21, 2019
Langevin made key saves but more importantly the D pushed the Pete’s to the outside for routine saves. Easy to make a save when you can see the puck. Austin meh; but not to blame; PK terrible tonight. Boys showed up too late to play.

Last edited:

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
The Petes losing to Sarnia at home isn't entirely a bad thing. We can learn from mistakes. The Petes looked flat after the first goal and as Coach Wilson said an over-eager forecheck created the first big chance for Sarnia. The team was off and it might be jitters with Austin back there and the new defense pairings.

I respect the coaches for not throwing Austin under the bus and saying that they know he is a good goalie. But here's an idea. How about starting Jones and if we get a 2 or 3 goal lead then put in Austin? It's the opposite of how it usually works but worth a try.

I gotta say that Robertson is maybe trying too much out there with his tight turns with the puck often resulting in falling down. Other teams know he's going to carry the puck with speed and are anticipating it. Mix it up for petes sake. And Gallant is a real mixed bag this year. He started off winning most faceoffs but I swear he's 50/50 now. Not sure he's good enough for the PP. I like McTavish out there on the PP. That kid is good. It looks like Gallant has lost a step from years past?

Kudos to Sarnia for a good road game. A very solid defensive game and kinda play similar to the Petes actually. They are much better than their 0-6 start and will be a contender in their division in the end.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
The first hour of that game was terrible to watch entertainment wise. Between the long delay fixing the nets and the early goals against... just terrible.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad