Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I get media releases and here’s what just came through:

“In speaking with Dustin, he is looking for a full time opportunity this season given that it is his NHL draft year,” commented Oke. “We think very highly of Dustin, however with our numbers we were not able to guarantee him that opportunity with our club. We wish him the best of luck both on and off the ice.”
10 points in 10 games (preseason + regular season), you find a way to give him an opportunity here.

Reactions: Uncle and Petes1

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Fronts fan - from what I've read you guys seem disappointed to lose him. Where do you think he'll slot into our line up?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Fronts fan - from what I've read you guys seem disappointed to lose him. Where do you think he'll slot into our line up?

he isn’t a big kid so he needs to play with skill players to thrive. Would slot in well on top-six

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Give me Hutton over Little and Hinz all day long. The team also now has one player from the 2001 draft class on the roster and it’s Nick Robertson who will graduate early.

IDK about that. We are pretty diligent when it comes to asset management and developing our players. He will most likely be back in Peterborough next year.

Seems to me it was exactly as I suspected; Hutton wanted to go somewhere he would be showcased. Tough to do that in Peterborough when he is (rightfully) behind Robertson, SDA, Gallant, Kirk, McTavish and Butler, and once he gets into the bottom 6 it's tougher for a guy like him to look good. In Kingston, he's easily going to be in that top 6 if he continues playing well and he'll get to play along side at least 4 other prospects that NHL teams are going to be looking at for this upcoming draft (Wisdom, Wong, Murray and Pinchuk, plus possibly Rowe, Peric and Frasca). Peterborough pretty much only has Butler and then Hutton, so NHL teams are probably not making as many special trips to go see the Petes play this year as they will Kingston.

Can't blame the kid for wanting to do what is best for his future NHL career. He's earned as much with his play. Worst case now is Peterborough needs to hit up a team with some extra depth for a cheap acquisition, or they get to give another one of their prospects a chance to impress in Hutton's old role.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Give me Hutton over Little and Hinz all day long. The team also now has one player from the 2001 draft class on the roster and it’s Nick Robertson who will graduate early.

It is obvious the Petes are going for it this year as they must with all the 19 year olds on the roster. Wilson wants size and guys that are hard to play against in what is hopefully a long playoff run and no doubt that is why Little is on the roster and Hutton is not. Let's hope it works.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Kingston would have had #1 priority being in dead last place, right? He didn't even make it past one team but Oke couldn't find a trade?
Waiver "claims" is based on where the team finished last year - in both cases last year and this year they are in last place so they get first shot this year and a good chance again next year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Waiver "claims" is based on where the team finished last year - in both cases last year and this year they are in last place so they get first shot this year and a good chance again next year.

It only makes sense that waives are based on current standing at some point after the season starts...London negotiated a trade with Flint before waiving Kolyachonok. There is zero chance the wolves would have passed on any of the three Knight’s imports

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
It only makes sense the waives are based on current standing at some point after the season starts...London negotiated a trade with Flint before waiving Kolyachonok. There is zero chance the wolves would have passed on any of the three Knight’s imports
Sudbury had UPL and I'm not sure of the other import but Koly would only report to Flint - part of the Rowe deal so no sense in Sudbury taking him.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sudbury had UPL and I'm not sure of the other import but Koly would only report to Flint - part of the Rowe deal so no sense in Sudbury taking him.

Koly would only report to Flint? I think Flint had first priority as last place team.
Wolves had one import. << actually, wolves still had Malik probably nursing some injury at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: WolvesFan

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Kavanagh, who played with Sudbury MM last year, gets called up for the trip north.
Petes will dress 7D but JPJ can move up to the wing.

NRob. - SDA. - Little
Kirk - Gallant - Butler
TRob - Grondin. - Hinz
McMullen. - Denault. - JPJ

Chisholm - Spearing
Paquette - Maier
Wilson - Kavanagh

looking forward to Petes hockey.....a full week is too long!

looking forward to Tuesday’s home game too!

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Kavanagh, who played with Sudbury MM last year, gets called up for the trip north.
Petes will dress 7D but JPJ can move up to the wing.

NRob. - SDA. - Little
Kirk - Gallant - Butler
TRob - Grondin. - Hinz
McMullen. - Denault. - JPJ

Chisholm - Spearing
Paquette - Maier
Wilson - Kavanagh

looking forward to Petes hockey.....a full week is too long!

looking forward to Tuesday’s home game too!

Pumped to watch Kavanagh, have heard he looks way too good for Major Midget. I thought he was one of our best 03’s at camp.

Reactions: PuckTalk1122

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
A damn messy game that turned when Whittaker cross-checked 16 year old Avon in the ribs when Avon didn't have the puck. Whittaker was paying Avon back for a hack Avon laid on him seconds earlier. The Whittaker penalty resulted in a 5 minute penalty and three PP goals (!) by the Petes. Up until Whittaker's penalty this was a close game and in fact the Petes were down a goal.

When N. Robertson scored his hat trick goal making it 7-2 a Steelhead cross-checked him and that resulted in an old-school line brawl in which guys who were fighting didn't get penalties. It was weird.

I can't say enough about the play of Grondin this year. At times he is the best player on the ice. I mean if he could finish and score some goals he would be an NHL pick. Right now he is a character player and a key ingredient going forward.
Agree Grondin has played awesome, played real well with Denault who i also think were playing real well together.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Agreed it was rediculous. That’s why I would have been pissed to hear of suspensions being handed out the whole situation was out of hand by very bad reffing in that situation lucky for them someone didn’t get hurt with the two on ones
every time Referee Wood does games he looses control, SDA started brawl didnt even get a penalty that says it all lol

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Just one of those nights where they don't seem to have it
Yup. Don't see to have that next gear enough of the time. Are we relying too much on one line? Too much pressure on Robertson maybe. He seems like he's lost some edge but it could be that other teams have figured out what the Petes are doing. They are right on Robertson any time he has the puck and he loves to carry it.
Right now Sudbury is the better team. We need another gear.
McNamara's injury might be a bigger hole in the defense than I originally thought - even though we added Wilson. But the Petes have to address their play in their own end. That sucked tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad