Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
If Merkley wants out of Peterborough, I wonder if he'd consider Saginaw!

We'd take him!

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
If Merkley wants out of Peterborough, I wonder if he'd consider Saginaw!

We'd take him!
If you want to believe OHLInsiders, it was that Peterborough wanted out of Merkley, not Merkley out of Peterborough.

I think (and hope) he'll be here though.

Merkley was at Curtis Brown's golf tournament this week.

Reactions: themelkman

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I don’t understand this kid? Why is he such a dickhead? Heard he just doesn’t play well with others....

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I don’t understand this kid? Why is he such a ********? Heard he just doesn’t play well with others....
He plays on his own agenda, if something doesnt go his way the he pouts, throws tantrums, blames others, etc. He is an absolute wizard with the puck but if it's not going the way he likes, then he takes the night off

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
No we won't.

We've taken on a few players very recently whom have had a shady past and not great reputation, and they are now some of our biggest stars. Names won't be revealed on that one!!

But bring a young player with that much talent to an organization that has good leaders and support (not saying Petes does t have this) and it's a win for both player and organization.

I'd be working on a trade to have Merkeley in the lineup.

Reactions: themelkman

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
We've taken on a few players very recently whom have had a shady past and not great reputation, and they are now some of our biggest stars. Names won't be revealed on that one!!

But bring a young player with that much talent to an organization that has good leaders and support (not saying Petes does t have this) and it's a win for both player and organization.

True enough with surrounding a kid with players to set an example but I don't think this is the year to try a reclaimation project. That can be someone else's project.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
So excited about players signed from this draft.

McTavish
Avon
Guryev
Kavanagh
Patey
Simpson

I believe that Tucker Robertson will be signed before the season starts as well. Quite a strong group and seven signed would be very impressive

I think it’s the right move to have
Kavanagh, Patey, Simpson and probably Robertson playing Major Midget in Peterborough and practicing with the Petes. They will be available for call ups if needed, be learning the Petes’ systems in practice and start building a relationship with players and coaches on the big club.

Looking forward to camp starting and seeing what this team looks like as the season starts and then again in January

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
That OHL Insiders twitter page mentioned that Guelph is possibly shopping Liam Hawel. Would he be any fit on the Petes?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

You don't get much better a role model / leader than Garrett McFadden in Guelph and he was at his wits end with Merkley.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
That OHL Insiders twitter page mentioned that Guelph is possibly shopping Liam Hawel. Would he be any fit on the Petes?

I think he's a perfect fit.

He played RW for Guelph last year and in my opinion, that's the biggest need heading into the season at forward.

He's also going to be one of the top OAs this year and you need that to contend.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Having your top prospects play major midget seems like a pretty bold move, no other team is sticking their top picks at the lowest level.

We'll see how it works out, but Patey representing Ontario last year as one of the best forwards in his age group, to playing Major Midget the following year is an interesting move.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Having your top prospects play major midget seems like a pretty bold move, no other team is sticking their top picks at the lowest level.

We'll see how it works out, but Patey representing Ontario last year as one of the best forwards in his age group, to playing Major Midget the following year is an interesting move.

I agree....it will be important that these guys are pushed in practice and are made to feel “part of the team” even though they will only dress sparingly for the Petes, if at all.

IMO the team chemistry has been an issue at times over the last number of years. I really hope that this move will help with that.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
So excited about players signed from this draft.

McTavish
Avon
Guryev
Kavanagh
Patey
Simpson

I believe that Tucker Robertson will be signed before the season starts as well. Quite a strong group and seven signed would be very impressive

I think it’s the right move to have
Kavanagh, Patey, Simpson and probably Robertson playing Major Midget in Peterborough and practicing with the Petes. They will be available for call ups if needed, be learning the Petes’ systems in practice and start building a relationship with players and coaches on the big club.

Looking forward to camp starting and seeing what this team looks like as the season starts and then again in January

Robertson is currently skating with st.mikes in the OJHL. I’ve heard he is demanding top-9 icetime in year one to sign... if so, he definitely isn’t being convinced to sign and go play major midget.

I also am not a fan of this major midget development plan... what really needs to happen is have the lift lock stars come back and stick to a similar model.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I think he's a perfect fit.

He played RW for Guelph last year and in my opinion, that's the biggest need heading into the season at forward.

He's also going to be one of the top OAs this year and you need that to contend.

I agree, Hawel is the ideal fit.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Robertson is currently skating with st.mikes in the OJHL. I’ve heard he is demanding top-9 icetime in year one to sign... if so, he definitely isn’t being convinced to sign and go play major midget.

I also am not a fan of this major midget development plan... what really needs to happen is have the lift lock stars come back and stick to a similar model.

One Robertson is getting top 9 minutes with the Petes this year, but it won't be Tucker!
I agree that it would be ideal if the Liftlock Stars were still around and playing in the OJHL.

Sadly, the Lindsay Muskies have been brutal for a number of years and it's just not convenient for 16 year olds, billeted in Peterborough, to play in Lindsay. Scott Donato is trying to right the ship, but it won't happen over night.

It's not a perfect set up with these players playing Midget but it may create some healthy competition at Petes' practices for the young guys to prove that they belong in the lineup.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Can stack a Peterborough midget team with kids living there, but only two 16 yr olds per jr team. I think it is worth trying.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
One Robertson is getting top 9 minutes with the Petes this year, but it won't be Tucker!
I agree that it would be ideal if the Liftlock Stars were still around and playing in the OJHL.

Sadly, the Lindsay Muskies have been brutal for a number of years and it's just not convenient for 16 year olds, billeted in Peterborough, to play in Lindsay. Scott Donato is trying to right the ship, but it won't happen over night.

It's not a perfect set up with these players playing Midget but it may create some healthy competition at Petes' practices for the young guys to prove that they belong in the lineup.

Being in Lindsay still isn’t ideal and like you said they’ve been a train wreck for a long time. If they brought back the stars they could still have the draft picks skate with the Petes in practise and train with the team in the gym as well.

Then in a perfect world, you commit to your top three picks to play in the OHL with the big club and two wildcard selections you can sign and assign them to the OJHL right in town.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013

sorry but don't agree, how will playing another year at midget help him or any of the other players?

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
LWsCRW LDRD G
Liam Kirk Zach GallantCameron Butler Declan ChisholmMatt McNamara Hunter Jones
Nicholas RobertsonSemyon Der-ArgunchintsevBrady Hinz Shawn SpearingRyan Merkley Tye Austin
Michael LittleMason McTavishJon-Randall Avon Artem GuryevDavid Maier Michael Simpson
Dustin HuttonMax Grondin Chad Denault Sheldon SerraglioJoshua Kavanagh Benjamin Edwards
Luc ReeveCole Patey Judd KatzJohn Parker-Jones Kyle Curtin
Ellis RickwoodTucker Robertson Chase MacIntyre
Brady EganMatthew Perciballi
Jakson Kirk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RED=OA ONLY 3 can stay BOLDed is what i think
Orange = U18 draft
Brown = Players looking for a spot
Purple is newly traded or go in a trade
Light Blue = Signed
Pink - Import
Lime green - a spot in jeopardy or COuld be traded or released
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
LWsCRWLDRDG
Liam Kirk Zach GallantCameron ButlerDeclan ChisholmMatt McNamaraHunter Jones
Nicholas RobertsonSemyon Der-ArgunchintsevBrady HinzShawn SpearingRyan Merkley Tye Austin
Michael LittleMason McTavishJon-Randall AvonArtem GuryevDavid Maier Michael Simpson
Dustin HuttonMax Grondin Chad DenaultSheldon SerraglioJoshua KavanaghBenjamin Edwards
Luc ReeveCole PateyJudd KatzJohn Parker-JonesKyle Curtin
Ellis RickwoodTucker RobertsonChase MacIntyre
Brady EganMatthew Perciballi
Jakson Kirk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RED=OA ONLY 3 can stay BOLDed is what i think
Orange = U18 draft
Brown = Players looking for a spot
Purple is newly traded or go in a trade
Light Blue = Signed
Pink - Import
Lime green - a spot in jeopardy or COuld be traded or released
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Serraglio retired from hockey I believe. Aaron Chiarot is the name to watch for to take the 7th d spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->