Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Me too he did everything but punch the ref to get in to help the boys
Yeah but with the Petes short handed and the refs already have taken Robertson away, even though he was obviously not fighting back, with SDA restrained it was 5 against 2, absolutely ridiculous.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Agreed it was rediculous. That’s why I would have been pissed to hear of suspensions being handed out the whole situation was out of hand by very bad reffing in that situation lucky for them someone didn’t get hurt with the two on ones

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
I'm hearing that all of the shenanigans after Robertson's SH hat-trick goal against Missy will result in no further discipline for anyone due to everything being mishandled by the officials.......so that's a good thing.
Are you serious? Can anyone explain what happened and why no automatic suspensions?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Are you serious? Can anyone explain what happened and why no automatic suspensions?
Basically Mississauga had been going after Nick Robertson all night. He definitely looked at their bench after his 2nd goal, so after he scored the hat trick goal (on a short handed two on one) he took a whack from a Steelheads player. SDA responded, going after the Steelheads player and it all escalated from there.

Problem was Robertson clearly wasn't going to fight back, basically turtled but he was the first player removed from the mini brawl. And Petes were already shorthanded, and then SDA was the next player the linesmen took out leaving the two remaining Petes totally outnumbered... so SDA tried to get back in and help his teammates while being restrained.

You can see the very start of it here.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I think it’s worth a post just to say that the much-maligned at times on these boards Semyon Der-Arguchintsev has had a fantastic start to the season. Very engaged, even some physical play at times, has the power play clicking and is so good at entering the opposing zone with the puck on his stick. He’s even killing penalties this year and is once again very good on faceoffs.

It’s crazy he only had 46 points last season, if he keeps playing like he has so far, he’ll have that many at Christmas this year.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Guryev will be playing with Lindsay......I feel bad he hasn't had more opportunity to play, but he needs more game action. I hope he can develop his game playing with the Muskies because he will be a regular in the Petes lineup next season.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes have waived Dustin Hutton and Artem Guryev is going down to skate with the Muskies.

interesting to timing on these moves as it leaves the team with 11F and 6D while Avon and McTavish are gone to U17s....

Move coming??

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
I'm sure we'll never find out, but it would be interesting to know why Hutton was never given a proper opportunity despite earning it.

I don't know what else he could have done.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Petes have waived Dustin Hutton and Artem Guryev is going down to skate with the Muskies.

interesting to timing on these moves as it leaves the team with 11F and 6D while Avon and McTavish are gone to U17s....

Move coming??

If Hutton is not claimed by a team, then he could easily find a home in the QMJHL if he wants it. Probably a half decent one too. Maybe he wanted out because he knew he wasn't getting the opportunities in his draft year despite playing well.

Can't the team just call up someone like Curtis Trolley while those guys are gone? Otherwise I know Mississauga, SSM and London all have extra forwards right now. Could likely get a good deal on a cheap forward right now.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I'm sure we'll never find out, but it would be interesting to know why Hutton was never given a proper opportunity despite earning it.

I don't know what else he could have done.
He more than played his way into the lineup. This is really surprising to me

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Hutton was second to Butler in preseason scoring and had 4 points in 5 games. Deserves to get an opportunity but why wasn't he given one here?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Stats from Hutton suggest he can play in the OHL; but, obviously no team made a good offer in trade as he was waived

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Something going on that we’ll nvr know. All I can think is he’s 18 maybe they would rather have the 16 year olds playing and getting experience rather than an 18 year old rookie even tho he earned a shot for sure Wilson must not of seen him for the future of this team

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Something going on that we’ll nvr know. All I can think is he’s 18 maybe they would rather have the 16 year olds playing and getting experience rather than an 18 year old rookie even tho he earned a shot for sure Wilson must not of seen him for the future of this team
Yeah I think it's this. The focus for the team is:

1 - The current season.
2 - The 2003s

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Hunter Jones and Mason McTavish get OHL Goalie of the Month and Rookie of the Month respectively. Nice start boys

Tito Santana

Jan 8, 2017
Hutton gone, to a division rival for nothing. What’s the point in this extra draft if you aren’t planning on keeping anyone?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Hutton gone, to a division rival for nothing. What’s the point in this extra draft if you aren’t planning on keeping anyone?
Kingston would have had #1 priority being in dead last place, right? He didn't even make it past one team but Oke couldn't find a trade?

Tito Santana

Jan 8, 2017
Ya, seems odd. Why just let him go for nothing? He obviously has value. I’m interested in knowing why they decided to part ways. We’ll likely never find out though.

Tito Santana

Jan 8, 2017
I get media releases and here’s what just came through:

“In speaking with Dustin, he is looking for a full time opportunity this season given that it is his NHL draft year,” commented Oke. “We think very highly of Dustin, however with our numbers we were not able to guarantee him that opportunity with our club. We wish him the best of luck both on and off the ice.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad