Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Good pickup by the Petes. With Mac out for a few weeks with a buggered knee, this is a very solid trade to plug the hole so no ground is lost in the standings

Reactions: NorthernVoice

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Barrett Hayton not getting playing time in Arizona. If he comes back my preference would be a 2 part trade for Barrett that brings Nick to the Soo next season.

Thinking it would look something like Avon and picks for Hayton in Jan, and then our 2004 1st plus picks for Nick next Jan. Thoughts?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Barrett Hayton not getting playing time in Arizona. If he comes back my preference would be a 2 part trade for Barrett that brings Nick to the Soo next season.

Thinking it would look something like Avon and picks for Hayton in Jan, and then our 2004 1st plus picks for Nick next Jan. Thoughts?
Hayton asked not to be drafted by the Petes, so IMO, he can stay away.

Reactions: Zebra and dirty12

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I wouldn't have wanted to be drafted by Peterborough and play for Jody Hull either. Outside of Ritchie, Hull basically hurt the development of every rookie that played under him.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I wouldn't have wanted to be drafted by Peterborough and play for Jody Hull either. Outside of Ritchie, Hull basically hurt the development of every rookie that played under him.
Sure, I just don't think hometown kid who didn't want to play here gets to ride in as the hero now that the team suits his desires, just me though. Give me Kaliyev or Thomas. Also, I want no part of any two part deal including Nick Robertson.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Sure, I just don't think hometown kid who didn't want to play here gets to ride in as the hero now that the team suits his desires, just me though. Give me Kaliyev or Thomas. Also, I want no part of any two part deal including Nick Robertson.
If he’s the guy that leads Petes to a memorial cup all is forgotten it was all about one thing during draft year...no development ..things have changed significantly with Wilson

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Goalie Ben Edwards, drafted by the Petes in last years U18 draft has been moved to the Lindsay Muskies.....more control with this prospect - he’ll be able to train with the Petes and he’ll get lots of pucks to face in Lindsay!

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Goalie Ben Edwards, drafted by the Petes in last years U18 draft has been moved to the Lindsay Muskies.....more control with this prospect - he’ll be able to train with the Petes and he’ll get lots of pucks to face in Lindsay!
Little things like this make a huge difference for the kids I'm sure. It's a beneficial move for all parties

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
If he’s the guy that leads Petes to a memorial cup all is forgotten it was all about one thing during draft year...no development ..things have changed significantly with Wilson

Barrett Hayton will not be a Peterborough Pete. Both parties are good with that. Petes dont want him and his family dont want him here, do lets move on from that rumour.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Barrett Hayton will not be a Peterborough Pete. Both parties are good with that. Petes dont want him and his family dont want him here, do lets move on from that rumour.
That is not true and I know for a fact both sides would be more than willing if a deal is reached

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Do season ticket holders still get any of those benefits around town? Last year it was like buy one get one free entree at Ricky's on game day, and half price wings at St Louis Grill, etc. I couldn't find any of that info on the website for this season.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
That is not true and I know for a fact both sides would be more than willing if a deal is reached

There's no doubt about it. I'm puzzled as to why some fans wouldn't want the best player in the league, who is also a hometown kid to boot.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
There's no doubt about it. I'm puzzled as to why some fans wouldn't want the best player in the league, who is also a hometown kid to boot.
IMO, he kicked the Petes when they were down by refusing to report here, so hometown kid means absolutely nothing to me, it meant nothing to him. He contributed to the Petes staying down and having the reputation of a place players wouldn't report, which has killed this team over the years.

If the Petes trade for him great, I guess, as long as it doesn't involve Robertson or McTavish.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
IMO, he kicked the Petes when they were down by refusing to report here, so hometown kid means absolutely nothing to me, it meant nothing to him. He contributed to the Petes staying down and having the reputation of a place players wouldn't report, which has killed this team over the years.

If the Petes trade for him great, I guess, as long as it doesn't involve Robertson or McTavish.

There were hometown kids that wouldn't report to my team when their management/coaching was a mess, but I don't hold it against them. Players have to do what is best for them and the Soo was clearly the best possible place for Hayton to develop. I think there's a good chance that he just stalls in his development like Gogolev and Gallant if he reports.

Reactions: Diaero

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
There were hometown kids that wouldn't report to my team when their management/coaching was a mess, but I don't hold it against them. Players have to do what is best for them and the Soo was clearly the best possible place for Hayton to develop. I think there's a good chance that he just stalls in his development like Gogolev and Gallant if he reports.
Ok, keep him then.

Reactions: Zebra and Petesfan8

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016

Under Hull, Hayton would have started his OHL career as a 3rd/4th liner with plug grinder wingers, with no PP time, no offensive zone starts.

We took Gogolev in that draft I think, and he ended up with 5 goals and 6 assists as a rookie. Hull was just an absolute void for rookie development. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to step into that situation when they could play under Bannister.

Reactions: Fischhaber

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Under Hull, Hayton would have started his OHL career as a 3rd/4th liner with plug grinder wingers, with no PP time, no offensive zone starts.

We took Gogolev in that draft I think, and he ended up with 5 goals and 6 assists as a rookie. Hull was just an absolute void for rookie development. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to step into that situation when they could play under Bannister.
Gogolev also scored 30 goals in year 2 and hit a snag in his 3rd year under Wilson.

He should be one of the bigger pieces moved at the trade deadline. (16 points already). To think the Petes would still have him and some extra second round picks if they never acquired Merkley.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017

I don’t want Hayton either-but I thought “the best player in the league” was Merkley LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad