GDT: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2 GAME TWO 5pm NBC

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Still concerned the Sharks don’t have a five on five goal in the series.

Meier should get an assist for drawing a penalty. The strength he showed on that drive was great.

Labanc doing what he does best with that pass...that offensive vision.

Frankly, when Dillon and DeMelo were on the ice, I was getting nervous. I am not sure why Martin was benched. If he comes out next game, fine, but DeMelo and Dillon should also be out.
what the f*** are you even talking about? they have 2 es goals

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
i saw that, and if you think about it 4v4 should favor vegas so i don't see that as bad.
they had good chances 5v5.

I'm with you just clarifying Orr's point. I'm not concerned that they don't have a 5on5 goal considering they were shutout in Gm1 and had two ES goals and two PP goals in Gm2.

The better point about 4v4 is they need to avoid getting sucked into matching penalties. Tonight showed when when the Sharks bring it, Vegas will take penalties and we can cash in on the PP. Don't let them off the hook with a matching penalty.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Sharks win!

giphy.gif

Reactions: ChompChomp

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm with you just clarifying Orr's point. I'm not concerned that they don't have a 5on5 goal considering they were shutout in Gm1 and had two ES goals and two PP goals in Gm2.

The better point about 4v4 is they need to avoid getting sucked into matching penalties. Tonight showed when when the Sharks bring it, Vegas will take penalties and we can cash in on the PP. Don't let them off the hook with a matching penalty.

Eh those retaliation calls were soft. Dillon got one for getting tackled and I'm ok with DeMelo crosschecking Neal in the ribs. Hopefully he breaks them next time.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Vegas had way fewer chances than in game 1.

It's not necessarily that they had fewer chances because statistically they didn't. It's simply that the Sharks were able to skate, slow them down, and not let this one get away from them. They were able to build and capitalize on momentum created this time to stem the tide.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Did anyone else notice Vlasic didn't even stand up after the winning goal and after everyone jump over the boards to celebrate he got up slowly got over the boards and didn't even skate to the rest of the group. Couldn't see what he did after that.

Don't know what it means, but it was weird.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Did anyone else notice Vlasic didn't even stand up after the winning goal and after everyone jump over the boards to celebrate he got up slowly got over the boards and didn't even skate to the rest of the group. Couldn't see what he did after that.

Too exhausted since they benched Martin and he was logging ridiculous ice time. At least I'd like to think it was just that and nothing more.

Reactions: BaileyMacTavish

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose

Fatigue most likely

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Meier absolutely needs to stay paired up with Pavelski. They're great together but it's a shame that Kane will slot back into that spot. Kane could probably do a lot of damage on the 3rd line too.

I think unless Thornton comes back we'll see Pavelski with Meier and Kane.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Nah. He didn't look tired. He got up fine and climbed right over. Looked nonchalant. More like "we should't be celebrating after the way we played and the way we got blown out last game.

And he wouldn't be wrong. It was a good effort but still not the way they want to play. And game 1 was obviously beyond embarrassing. No idea if they went drinking the night before or whatever but they clearly didn't take it seriously. They fixed that but now they gotta fix their game.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Meier absolutely needs to stay paired up with Pavelski. They're great together but it's a shame that Kane will slot back into that spot. Kane could probably do a lot of damage on the 3rd line too.

Entirely agreed. When Kane was first traded here I said I think Meier is already a better player than Kane. A lot of people disagreed with me on that one and Kane started scoring early so most people would say Kane is better but honestly I’ll take tonight’s Timo Meier over anything Evander Kane can do. I would much rather have Meier with Pavelski at this point; he is far more defensively responsible.

It’s not a coincidence that Pavelski’s line was pretty much a non-factor in a sweep of Anaheim and sucked in game 1 and then suddenly with Meier, Pavelski has what might have been his best game of the season.

You could do Meier-Thornton-Pavelski and Kane-Tierney-Donskoi when Thornton returns. Kane-Donskoi and Meier-Pavelski are the duos with the best chemistry IMO and Meier-Thornton-Pavelski was shredding the opposition before Thornton was injured.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Im loving the main board ref ***** session

I thought this was the worst possible timeline after we lost but maybe it’s just the strangest. Vegas fans complaining about refereeing on the main board is something I would only expect to see if I was having an extremely strange dream and yet it is actually happening in real life.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: