GDT: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2 GAME TWO 5pm NBC

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
That doesn't take away from the fact that Vegas will take advantage of the tired D and the Sharks D will only get worse if they continue to get overworked.
If you can't even trust your defenseman to play in the 3rd period (Martin played <2m), then you shouldn't be dressing him at all.

Not sure what your point is. It seems you think Ryan and/or Heed should have played and that their minutes would have been more. That's a lot of assuming, if that's what your saying. You have no idea why Martin only played 2 minutes, but even it was due to trust it doesn't mean it would/will happen every game.

My point was that yesterday was viewed as a do everything you can to win agme. During a series that is not always the case. I expect the minutes to come down in the next game because it's not a must win and possible adjustments may be made. Hell, maybe we go up by 2 and can roll all 3 pairs equally - stress free.

I agree that if they continue to get those minutes we will lose the series and that will be because Vegas is a better team than we are.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don't think people realize how hard that is to do too. To collect the puck across your body, control the puck, and accurately shoot it just inside the post is so hard to do, yet he does it consistently.
He handled it so flawlessly, too. Great flat pass by LaBanc but a puck at that velocity in that moment is so often fumbled or just not handled as smoothly.

Reactions: Phu

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I didn't get to watch the game live because of a family dinner. So there I was at like 11:30 watching the second overtime off the DVR after having managed to avoid being spoiled all night long.

In the end:

DeMeloWave.gif

Reactions: LA Shark

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That doesn't take away from the fact that Vegas will take advantage of the tired D and the Sharks D will only get worse if they continue to get overworked.
If you can't even trust your defenseman to play in the 3rd period (Martin played <2m), then you shouldn't be dressing him at all.

I agree that that is a major concern but playing at home should provide the coaching staff with the opportunity to protect DeMelo and Martin if they're still in the lineup a little more. I don't know if they'll play Ryan until someone is injured just because now it's been a bit of time since he's last played so they don't know what they're getting. Coaches like DeBoer tend to side with the crap they know they'll get over the unknown in these situations unless it's a Thornton caliber player.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I agree that that is a major concern but playing at home should provide the coaching staff with the opportunity to protect DeMelo and Martin if they're still in the lineup a little more. I don't know if they'll play Ryan until someone is injured just because now it's been a bit of time since he's last played so they don't know what they're getting. Coaches like DeBoer tend to side with the crap they know they'll get over the unknown in these situations unless it's a Thornton caliber player.

All coaches do.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4