GDT: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2 GAME TWO 5pm NBC

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
All that said, I have to give huge props to Eric Fehr. He made a few little plays in the OT that are huge in retrospect. Amazing pickup by DW.

Go Sharks!!

Yes, Fehr was very solid. It is those little things he does...and he shows you how a player can be very effective even when he isn't so fleet of foot.

I wonder if the Sharks will re-sign Fehr in the offseason. They have a logjam of prospects.

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, Fehr was very solid. It is those little things he does...and he shows you how a player can be very effective even when he isn't so fleet of foot.

I wonder if the Sharks will re-sign Fehr in the offseason. They have a logjam of prospects.
His reach has been amazing on the backcheck and defensive zone.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I don't think its just to appease Burns. The whole team loves Martin being in the locker room and on the bench. I'm guessing he brings some sort of calmness to them and almost acts like a 4th coach. I actually applaud Paul Martin for taking Ryan and DeMelo under his wing. Two players that want his job. Not many vets would do that.

I am sure Martin is a great guy, but the minutes Vlasic, Braun, and Burns are playing as a result of DeBoer having two defensemen (DeMelo and Martin) that he doesn't trust are absurd. If DeBoer wants Martin in the lineup that badly, Ryan has to come in for DeMelo.

Lol well...he benched Sorensen and Donskoi in the 1st OT so maybe PDB will PDB...

I really wanna see Goodrow over Karlsson next game though.

I think Donskoi is injured and pretty badly. He hasn't looked right for 6 games now. I'm not sure why Sorensen got benched though...he's been a solid 4th liner. Goodrow looked excellent last night. Karlsson was awful as always, so he should be the one to go for Kane.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I am sure Martin is a great guy, but the minutes Vlasic, Braun, and Burns are playing as a result of DeBoer having two defensemen (DeMelo and Martin) that he doesn't trust are absurd. If DeBoer wants Martin in the lineup that badly, Ryan has to come in for DeMelo.

I think Donskoi is injured and pretty badly. He hasn't looked right for 6 games now. I'm not sure why Sorensen got benched though...he's been a solid 4th liner. Goodrow looked excellent last night. Karlsson was awful as always, so he should be the one to go for Kane.

Felt like I only saw Donkey with the puck once in the last 20 mins or so of game play, was invisible

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think Sorensen got benched for his play. I think it's just how the game played out in the OT's when both coaches were just throwing out their top guys and sprinkling in everyone else.

Reactions: DeadGhost

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Felt like I only saw Donkey with the puck once in the last 20 mins or so of game play, was invisible
Yeah, I think he was barely on the ice at all in the OT periods. Definitely think he's dealing with an injury, especially since he missed practice the day before.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

Yep, he had 1-2 good shifts that I saw in OT. As long as he has enough in the tank to contribute on the 3rd line though, it's fine.

I don't think Sorensen got benched for his play. I think it's just how the game played out in the OT's when both coaches were just throwing out their top guys and sprinkling in everyone else.

Makes sense. PDB pulled out the blender for sure. I think the only things he kept intact were the Meier/Pavs and Hertl/Couture pairings. Otherwise, he threw Boedker and Tierney out there with 8/28 and Labanc/Boedker with 48/38. The only other line I saw out there consistently was 23-16-68, which is hilarious because Karlsson was awful (so I'm not sure why he was out there over Sorensen).

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
But damn is this team deep? Even with another injury Hansen and Ward could step in. I find that crazy

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Watching 1st intermission of Caps-Pens and there's a brief postmortem of last night. Keith Jones and Patrick Sharp are praising the Sharks' stars (namely Burns, Pavelski, Couture), and also mentioning how the team took away the neutral zone.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Watching 1st intermission of Caps-Pens and there's a brief postmortem of last night. Keith Jones and Patrick Sharp are praising the Sharks' stars (namely Burns, Pavelski, Couture), and also mentioning how the team took away the neutral zone.

I saw that too and it literally lasted less than 60 seconds :laugh:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I knew as soon as LaBanc made that pass that if Logan catches it cleanly he would score. That guy has a great shot and is big in those moments.

Reactions: Friday

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I knew as soon as LaBanc made that pass that if Logan catches it cleanly he would score. That guy has a great shot and is big in those moments.
I don't think people realize how hard that is to do too. To collect the puck across your body, control the puck, and accurately shoot it just inside the post is so hard to do, yet he does it consistently.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don't think people realize how hard that is to do too. To collect the puck across your body, control the puck, and accurately shoot it just inside the post is so hard to do, yet he does it consistently.

Couture is an example of how advanced stats just don’t tell the full story. You might look at his ixGF, iHDCF, shooting percentage, etc., and say that his goal scoring is unsustainable, and that players like Meier, Kane, and Hertl should have way more goals than Couture. But when you just watch the games, it becomes obvious that Couture is an extremely dangerous goal scorer - the other team freezes every time he gets the puck on the PP because he is such a fantastic shooter.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Still riding high on that win. Amazing that probably the worst playoff loss in franchise history was followed by one of the most guts wins in franchise history.

Damn hockey, why you gotta be so bad and so good to me...

Reactions: ChompChomp

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Hopefully Vlasic was just tired. Either way though Deboar has to get those minutes to a semblance of even. If Martin and Demello can't be trusted it's time for them to sit. Vegas will take advantage of our tired dmen. They are too good to think otherwise.

Reactions: Phu

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Yesterday's game was almost as important as a game 7. That's why the minutes went up so high. All of us know how we'd feel down 2-0 to the Knights right now.

Hell, we all felt it for a few minutes last night in the first OT. I'm sure some people turned it off and then didn't understand how the story was that we won when they woke up the next day.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
How many of the people in here thought it was a bad or a meh pick up at the time of the acquisition?

Best use of a 7th rounder by Wilson ever

This team’s captain might have something to say about that...

Fantastic pro scouting though on Fehr. It’s interesting to think that Babcock sent Fehr to Robidas Island after 4 games, and Toronto spent serious assets to acquire Tomas Plekanec as their 4C, yet Fehr has arguably had a better impact for San Jose than Plekanec for Toronto.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Most of us. Went back to read the Fehr trade thread. It's crazy the thoughts between then and now. Including my own comments. Lol
Yup, me too. How could a guy playing in the AHL all season possibly help our team? Happy to admit I was wrong. The 4th line has been great ever since he's been on it. Before that and while he was injured, not so much.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Yesterday's game was almost as important as a game 7. That's why the minutes went up so high. All of us know how we'd feel down 2-0 to the Knights right now.
That doesn't take away from the fact that Vegas will take advantage of the tired D and the Sharks D will only get worse if they continue to get overworked.
If you can't even trust your defenseman to play in the 3rd period (Martin played <2m), then you shouldn't be dressing him at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00