GDT: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2 GAME TWO 5pm NBC

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I thought there was no way that would be called interference, and put the warriors game on. I saw sharks won on espn app and it felt like I was living in an alternate dimension. So weird.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Fehr on radio postgame interview:

- [on 2nd OT] I thought it was great for us the way we responded, we had some good O zone shifts and really started to tilt the ice and some opportunities
- [on disallowed goal] I saw Marchessault come in from behind the net, it looked like he caught his blocker, I think if play had continued a little bit longer and Jonesy could've recovered, I think it would've been a different story, but he couldn't get back into his net and it's the way goalie interference should be called
- [on the GWG] the guys just kept putting pressure on their D, that was the 2nd PP we had there where the guys were just battling and making them work, I think Timo drew that one, it was a great play by those guys, they had a really long shift and were starting to tire them out
- [on adjustments they've made] yeah, I thought we did a much better job; without giving too many secrets away, we made them make plays and didn't give them a lot of open ice and that's a recipe for success in the playoffs

Reactions: ChubbChubby

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This is going to be a fun series. Really entertaining game. I think Hertl and Meier will be crucial for the Sharks’ success. They were both amazing this game, protecting the puck and getting the cycle going. Creating scoring chances and negating Vegas’ transition game.

Having two power forwards that can dictate play like that may be the answer to Vegas’ speed game. So much fun.
This team is the grittiest Sharks team in the last 15 years. The win today was well deserved and it certainly wasn't easy. Vegas is no joke but the Sharks worked harder today.

Good news is that physicality is back in the NHL playoffs and with Hertl, Meier, and Kane, they've got 3 really good skilled power forwards. The rest of series should be excellent.

Arguably, Goodrow is also a power forward too. I guess Thornton too but he's not playing yet.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
NBC cut to the news over here.
Same. Wasn't sure if it was moved to some other channel but guess not. Just the NHL Network guys and the local guys.
Haha. This reminds me of when I wanna watch the local news and some college football game (or some other sport that I don't care about) takes too long or goes into overtime and I'm tired before it ends and the news comes on. I figure that's what people who don't give a shit about hockey were thinking when they wanted to watch the news/Saturday Night Live at it's regularly scheduled time.:laugh:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Still concerned the Sharks don’t have a five on five goal in the series.

Meier should get an assist for drawing a penalty. The strength he showed on that drive was great.

Labanc doing what he does best with that pass...that offensive vision.

Frankly, when Dillon and DeMelo were on the ice, I was getting nervous. I am not sure why Martin was benched. If he comes out next game, fine, but DeMelo and Dillon should also be out.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Boedker was good not great. I agree in general.

As a whole, our stars came to play. Jones made the big saves in OT. We needed a big save on Neal, and...we got it.

Boedker was really good. One of the best besides Meier and Pavelski. I also liked Goodrow. Hertl and Couture were rather bad...especially in OT. But they scored so I don't care.

Good win. But I think if they wanna win this series they gotta stop playing like that and turn back to their heavy possession hockey. It's what they're good at. Trading chances with Vegas isn't exactly a good idea. Worked once but I'd feel much better would they stick with what they're good at and what got them here.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Arguably, Goodrow is also a power forward too. I guess Thornton too but he's not playing yet.

Kane is as well but he plays a different style of PWF. Goodrow, Fehr, Hertl, and Meier all play that very strong cycling game. Thornton plays a similar style but he doesn’t forecheck like the other 4.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Boedker was really good. One of the best besides Meier and Pavelski. I also liked Goodrow. Hertl and Couture were rather bad...especially in OT. But they scored so I don't care.

Good win. But I think if they wanna win this series they gotta stop playing like that and turn back to their heavy possession hockey. It's what they're good at. Trading chances with Vegas isn't exactly a good idea. Worked once but I'd feel much better would they stick with what they're good at and what got them here.

Hertl and Couture weren't bad.

Reactions: LA Shark

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think what they did really well was taking the cross ice pass away. We were seriously victimized by them the first game.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Boedker was good not great. I agree in general.

As a whole, our stars came to play. Jones made the big saves in OT. We needed a big save on Neal, and...we got it.

Boedker and Sorensen did not score, but their speed was valuable the whole game.

Jones deserves a scolding for his performance this game, but at the end of the day, he got the W, and that is what matters. Hook or crook, he made that huge save on Neal to keep the Sharks in it.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

Meier should get an assist for drawing a penalty. The strength he showed on that drive was great.

Frankly, when Dillon and DeMelo were on the ice, I was getting nervous. I am not sure why Martin was benched. If he comes out next game, fine, but DeMelo and Dillon should also be out.

I'm not concerned. There was way more 4 on 4 tonight than normal in the playoffs. They had plenty of chances. They'll start to fall.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

If penalties would count as assists then Meier would be viewed as a completely different player. No player leaguewide (except goons) draws more minors than him. He's just too strong on the puck. Can't be stopped when in beast mode. He's just great.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think what they did really well was taking the cross ice pass away. We were seriously victimized by them the first game.

The Sharks controlled the game when they dictated the terms. When it was a street fight on the boards and in the neutral zone, they did what they wanted.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Someone said this series would be Meier's coming out party. I think Meier had a coming out party nation wide on NBC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad