Paul MacLean Appreciation Thread

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
After was Martin was canned I didn't think the Sens would ever find another long term coach. Looks like McLean is here for many more years to come.

65isthenew11

Feb 22, 2012
thanks

I just wanted to thank Coach Paul MacLean for unleashing the true potential of Jason Spezza and Eric Karlsson.:bow:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I am extremely happy with the coaching staff this year. They praise hard work and reward players for working hard.

I dont think the Stache has gotten enough praise around here for his coaching abilities.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
I am extremely happy with the coaching staff this year. They praise hard work and reward players for working hard.

I dont think the Stache has gotten enough praise around here for his coaching abilities.

I think we all agree, as well as the rest of the league, that he will be a Jack Adams candidate this year. It'll be tough to beat Hitchcock, but Maclean has performed miracles with the hand he was dealt.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He IS the difference between this year and last.

Welcome paulrus! You're ****** awesome

4thliner*

:handclap:

I tough you were a p***y coach stache......good for you man you are forever alright in my book.

Walking up to Carkner at the end of the game in teh hall way and shaking his hand is EPIC!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Way to go Sens. I hope Alfie is back in game 3.....house will be ROCKING!!!!!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Very happy to see Maclean shake Carkner's hand after the game (take some notes Jacques Martin), what Carkner did right off the bat was wake Ottawa up to play the game they are capable of playing. He got the retrobution that Boyle deserved & Ottawa played ten times better after that. Hopefully, he will dress on Monday along with Konopka & go after them again for the cheap shot on Alfredsson. Someone has to take out their best players since they have targeted our best players. Tortorello is such a hypocrite & blowhard mouthing off about players having no respect for each other then two of his players target our best players with cheap shots.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Let's sign Maclean to a 10 year contract. I don't want to see anyone else coach Ottawa for a long, long time.

Alfredsson11

Nov 11, 2008
Paul is a great coach. I love what hes been doing in the playoffs. His interviews and answers to questions are original and well thought out. He doesn't use the media as a scapegoat, he handles the players well and I think the players really like playing for him.

I loved what he did prior to game 2. All the pre game talk was how Alfie was suiting up with Spezza and Michalek to start the game, heck they even practiced together. Then he starts the game with Neil, Konopka and Smith and after winning the faceoff throws MM and Spez out there. Alfie never took a regular shift with the top line and it had to throw Torts threw a loop.

They said after the game when they were going to the room someone reported that Paul shook Carkners hand. Just seems to be alot of mutal respect between the coaching staff and players.

Heck hes even making Murray look like a genius.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Good point on the morning radio. After game one when the Sens were abused by the cheap shots and run with a number of hits, there was no way he wanted to go out of the playoffs with that identity hanging over the Senators. Risk to losing the game be da**ned the boys were going to make a statement.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Nice shot of MacLean "motivating" Turris in game 2.

1297253368137_ORIGINAL.jpg

Asharx

Sep 26, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Too bad we didn't have MacLean right from the get go instead of the past 3 coaches....
Anyways, I am glad we have him now. I love what he has done with the team!

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Gotta bump this thread.

Really good job coach, really enjoyed watching you coach, the way you handled the media real good. Like how you would say "really good" in every interview! I love MacLean's style, his demeanor, on bench handling of players, and the positive atmosphere around the club.

Very upbeat post series interview, he is looking at the big picture, making sure the guys feel good about themselves.

I would pay to have a mike in the room when he and Murray do a review of players in the post-season and looking forward to next year. He is more of a peer to Murray than any past coach, and I have to think his input carries a lot of weight.

ShotDownCrosby

Sep 29, 2009
Ontario
Super great bump!

MacLean is a huge reason why our team has had so much fight! Its amazing!

Can't wait to see what he does next year! This is one year of rebuild, and we have yet to have forgotten that! Sad its over but cannot wait till next season!

Cannot give enough respect to MacLean and this team!

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I'm liking the foundation. Everything that the team did this year was a progression forwards. You really get the feeling that something good is being built.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I think that he has been noticed league wide this year. Guys will give strong consideration to signing here because of him.

And his pipleline of known commodities, guys like a UFA Hudler, would be interesting to add to our mix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad