Paul MacLean Appreciation Thread

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Doubtful.

Why? He will find another team to coach. That team will not have the lowest payroll in the NHL. It won't have an over-the-hill GM who acts as the team's "loveable grampa" and coddles the players over the coach, and it won't feature a handicapped roster or handpicked assistant coaches either.

As long as Melynk owns this team, we will win nothing.

Maclean already has a Cup ring from Detroit. He will probably go to Philly (where he finished his playing career) or San Jose (a simple replacement for McLellan in terms of system and style) and not be hampered by the most pathetic ownership/management group in the NHL.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Why? He will find another team to coach. That team will not have the lowest payroll in the NHL. It won't have an over-the-hill GM who acts as the team's "loveable grampa" and coddles the players over the coach, and it won't feature a handicapped roster or handpicked assistant coaches either.

Maclean already has a Cup ring from Detroit. He will probably go to Philly (where he finished his playing career) or San Jose (a simple replacement for McLellan in terms of system and style) and not be hampered by the most pathetic ownership/management group in the NHL.

Maybe we could trade Michalek, Legwand and Greening to them then.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

And Dan Carcillo has a cup ring from Chicago... What's your point?

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

The most pathetic management group in the NHL that is running an indisputable top 10 draft/develop system?

In a league where your hands are tied 90% of the time in terms of making the team better instantly, development is where you have to fall back when evaluating hockey ops.

And I know, it takes a long time for it to pay dividends, especially when there was no development in 2002-2007

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Maclean is nothing without Alfredsson's leadership and great goaltending.

I will appreciate his first 2 seasons though. I like him as a person. Hope he finds another job, soon.

FireMurray

Dec 8, 2014
Sens have an unbelievable coaching staff. Dave Cameron could easily be coach of another team. Reeds was coach of the top dogs in the OHL in Owen Sound and my boy Gemel Smith had nothing but unbelievable things to say about him. I think this could be the best coaching staff since MacLean, MacLellan and Babcock in Detroit. I was ecstatic when I heard Cameron would accept an assistant job here instead of head coach.

:laugh: Be careful what you wish for.

Karlsson2Turris*

Someone should really put together a montage of Maclean. The first two years were awesome.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Murray had a Stanley Cup team under him as coach, Maclean had a revolving door of players.
And even so at this time of year under Murray with that great team, his record was no better than thids years team.
It didn't turn around until Alfie called a dinner meeting with the leadership group
Up until the turn around everyone thought Murray was a bust.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
4552679_orig.gif

MacLean.gif

Goodbye you beautiful man.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Maclean is nothing without Alfredsson's leadership and great goaltending.

I will appreciate his first 2 seasons though. I like him as a person. Hope he finds another job, soon.

It says a lot about the locker room that they needed Alfredsson's leadership badly. I felt that Maclean and Alfredsson really trusted each other. And it was Alfredsson that said that Maclean was too lenient and that the team was content with just winning a round in the playoffs. Daugavins said it too.

So Maclean gets tougher to get more out of his team and the soft squad turn on him.

And that softness is all on the culture created by Murray.

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Maclean got screwed because the boys upstairs have no ****ing accountability and threw Maclean to the lion pits. ****ing Christ I hate this team these days.

I'll miss you, you beautiful Walrus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad