Paul MacLean Appreciation Thread

ShotDownCrosby

Sep 29, 2009
Ontario
I am absolutely estatic about having MacLean on our bench. He is a huge reason why our team is fun to watch. If he doesn't get a nomination for coach of the year, I will be disappointed. If we make the playoffs, he should win it, hands down!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Lets not forget about Reeds and Cameron, it really looks like we have an All-Star crew here. We also have amazing conditioning and training staffs, as well as Walmsley (sp) and Richardson that deserve some props.

From all accounts this is a great organization from the top down, pure awesomeness!

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Anyone else want to give Maclean a gigantic hug if they ever saw him?:laugh: He seems like he'd be the most down to earth, happy go lucky person to hang out with for a day.

Drama

Feb 8, 2010
Ukraine
Anyone else want to give Maclean a gigantic hug if they ever saw him?:laugh: He seems like he'd be the most down to earth, happy go lucky person to hang out with for a day.

I actually don't because I never get along with the people who everyone else gets along with. In school I was always chill with all the "weird" or "mean" teachers and never was able to talk to the ones all the kids found fun. Mostly the same story with all my friends these days. I have the ultimate hipster attitude when it comes to people.

On topic thought, I honestly think MacLean is the reason the Sens are 6th instead of 15th like everyone expected us to be. He is making every single player on our team play so much better this season compared to last season.

Edgeworth*

If sens make the playoffs he's gotta be in the discussion at least for Jack Adams..

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Small window of performance... but still he is the BEST coach we ever had.. including Martin and Murray.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
While Murray may have struck out with Clouson, Paddock & Hartsburgh, he has hit a home run with Maclean & company so far. But just like the players winning makes all the difference in the world & just as important to me is that we have an entertaining team that will not quit. :handclap:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
After how this season has gone and seeing how much fun the guys are having out there it made me realize how much I hate Clouston.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
The best thing MaClean does, of the manythings I think he does well is mange the bench. Martin was a great systems coach but refused to change or adjust durign the game. Murray was very good at game adjustments but not a great X'sand O's guy.
Paddock was awful for overplayign certain guys and Cuoston was .....
When you watch the Sens now, all the guys seem to come off the bench fresh and ready to play a particular role at a sepcific point in the game. It has made watching this edition of the Sens much more fun to watch win or lose becasue you can see the intelligenc behind the moves

ShotDownCrosby

Sep 29, 2009
Ontario
I give MacLean A LOT of the praise for turning this team into a team that has a real passion again. Its like he's made players just have that passion again, and want to play and play hard.

I love this team!

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
"I don't think it was a statement game from us by any means," MacLean said. "We knew who we were playing, and we didn't take them lightly. We knew we were going to have to play hard and let's face it -- we didn't dominate this game or control this game from start to finish. Our goalie made some saves and we got some timely scoring.

"By no means is this a statement to say anything other than we were prepared to play the best team in the League."

What a professional. This guy reeks of class and humility and is a great inspiration for character.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Paul Maclean is an amazing coach, he first started to like hockey in his younger years. As a coach, he plans which players should be on the ice and during the timeouts, he is serious by telling the Senators players what they should in the last few seconds of the third period. Paul MacLean: the best Senators coach ever.

He also stands behind the bench.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
13192605.jpg

My take: Probably a bit of both.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
After the half season Paul MacLean is a favourite on Jack Adams Trophy IMO.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He should get an award just for getting Spezza to shoot the puck.

and moving the puck forward instead of backwards.

Isn't there some sort of curse with Jack Adams award winners the next yr that they get fired?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad