Paul MacLean Appreciation Thread

masterandy

Jul 15, 2009
Ottawa
First Career Head Coaching Win!!!

CONGRATS Mr. Stache and here's to a long tenure with the Senators!

wpid-paulmacleanap.jpg

Loved the fist pump at the end of the shootout :D Still young at heart

Last edited:

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
love this...especially because only a few hours ago there was a ''Fire MacLean'' thread posted.

In Mustache I Trust.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I like the system more than the fist pump. They were awesome through the neutral zone, they won face-offs and they used their speed (mostly Michalek and Regin) to back off the Wild's D.

You can see how when the skill level is upped for this team how exciting they'll be.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
I think the Sens are lucky to have him and as long as they stay focused and healthy Paul MacLean should be able to get them close to the playoffs in this first year.

Next year the players will have a healthy respect for him and try to impress/ please their fine coach and work even harder.

Congrats Coach MacLean!

Afro Thunder*

I like what he is doing with rewarding players for their strong play. Liked his line changes as well. Most importantly he got a young team to not get rattled after dominating the 1st and 2nd period to be only trailing by 2 goals, they followed the game plan and it payed off.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I saw a group of like 5 guys tonight at the game with glued on PM mustaches haha. Congratz to our new head coach on his first win!:handclap:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Great first W.

The team is getting a little better each game. Keep it up.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Appreciated the tempo the guys had. They were moving for sure - gassed in the third (with Wild pouring it on - thank you Anderson), but really liked what I saw.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I like his attitude.

When Garrioch asked him if he knew about this organization's Shootout record,

he said: "I like it, we're 1-0" :laugh:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Had a perfect vantage point of when Greening scored. Coach talked to every single guy on the bench, patted everyone on the back and really pumped the guys up. You can tell McLean was a player and something like that, I have not seen from a coach in Ottawa...ever I think.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
He wasn't lying when he said he's gonna make the team a little bit better every single day.

Loving the games so far. Congrats Pauly on the win, and hopefully it's the first of many to come.

Also, he looked so excited in that post game interview.

Loved it when he said "I'm kinda used to winning and I'd like to keep doing it".

Last edited:

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Love the up tempo system the team is playing. Speed, physical play, forecheck and backcheck, and puck possession. Exactly how this team should learn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad