Paul MacLean Appreciation Thread

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Never seen such a postitive post-series interview. I tried looking for Cloustons a few years ago but couldn't find it.

This is probably the best coach we've had yet. Let's hope the team keeps playing behind him next year, because I don't want this guy to leave.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Never seen such a postitive post-series interview. I tried looking for Cloustons a few years ago but couldn't find it.

This is probably the best coach we've had yet. Let's hope the team keeps playing behind him next year, because I don't want this guy to leave.

I'd say the best coach since Bryan Murray.

Murray was an unbelievable coach.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa

Stache aint even mad

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I mean for real how does someone coach this team to victory time after time. Under our previous coaches we would be bottom of the league no problem. Just have mad love for him right now. It took me awhile to believe we are a legit NHL team with an AHL roster, thought for sure we were going to bottom out. Obviously still can, but just super proud of this man for the way he coaches, they way he handles the media and they way he handles the players. Thumbs way up for this man yet again.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
It felt like we had the Leafs playbook at times today. Brilliant coaching again.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
PMac is on par with being about as great a head coach as BM. You just know that he's giving the players all the respect and space they deserve, but at the same time making sure they push themselves day in and day out.

Milan the God*

Can't believe we went from Paddock, Hartsburgh and Clouston to MacLean.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
Gotta give some props to Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds too, you can see them all moving around and talking to players constantly during the game.

cameronandersonbishop.jpg

Don't know why that jumped out at me the way it did on Monday, but it's not just Maclean that appears to be an excellent communicator. His whole staff acts differently than what we've been used to.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Gotta give some props to Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds too, you can see them all moving around and talking to players constantly during the game.

cameronandersonbishop.jpg

Don't know why that jumped out at me the way it did on Monday, but it's not just Maclean that appears to be an excellent communicator. His whole staff acts differently than what we've been used to.

yep. I know murray made a lot of mistakes on the road to replacing himself as coach, but it seems he's finally done a great job, and we've got an all-star coaching staff now. I just hope we can keep reeds and cameron for ~4-5 more years before they move on for other gigs.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sens have an unbelievable coaching staff. Dave Cameron could easily be coach of another team. Reeds was coach of the top dogs in the OHL in Owen Sound and my boy Gemel Smith had nothing but unbelievable things to say about him. I think this could be the best coaching staff since MacLean, MacLellan and Babcock in Detroit. I was ecstatic when I heard Cameron would accept an assistant job here instead of head coach.

Last edited:

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
This team is truly amazing. I love watching Paul Maclean's post game reviews. Best thing about him, he's an ex-Winnipeg Jet! hehe Winnipeg boy, couldn't resist!

Anyway, I love the character of him as a coach, and love the team's character. I hope somebody doesn't ask me if I have MacLean or the entire roster in a fantasy keeper. An inside joke some may get. ;)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
seriously. as frustrating as it was to watch, thank you for your time. There was a lot of good fun in there.
Good luck to you. Good guy.
:clap:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
May he go on and find a real NHL roster and prosper. While we continue finding excuses instead of addressing our real issues.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I hope SJ hires him and dumps McLellan. We can just do a Head coach swap.

It'd be nice to see what Maclean can do with some talent, and what McLellan can do with our youth.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Sad to see him go. I think he'll be employed again soon though. Still can't believe we fired him for Cameron. Just when I was starting to get on good vibes with management again.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Loved the Stache and wish him all the best, hope he gets a new job with a better
situation than here.
I will be rooting for hi wherever he is.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My guess is that PM will likely end up with Babcock where ever he ends up next yr, likely Detroit again. Whatever happens, all the best of luck.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
MacLean was great in that Montreal series, I will miss him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad