Paul MacLean Appreciation Thread

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Should have quit on the organization, would have made more sense for them

I know it's all been under different circumstances, but the entire CASH line (Heatley-Spezza-Alfie), arguably the best line in the NHL at their peak, have quit on the organization in the past 5 years.

Regardless of how it happened, that looks ****ing awful for the org.

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
I know it's all been under different circumstances, but the entire CASH line (Heatley-Spezza-Alfie), arguably the best line in the NHL at their peak, have quit on the organization in the past 5 years.

Regardless of how it happened, that looks ****ing awful for the org.
And now we've lost a very good coach, and a sense of optimism that we had after that Rangers series and that Habs series

We had no where to go but up then we thought. Now? We have no where to go but down for a good pick, because we are the ****ing worst

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RAISE YOUR MCDAVIDS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I am not at all for this team tanking in any way shape or form. It is playoffs or bust for Cameron. If he does not make it, then fire him too.

Disappointed Mac lost his way. He was a hell of a coach in those first two seasons when he had nothing to lose.

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
I am not at all for this team tanking in any way shape or form. It is playoffs or bust for Cameron. If he does not make it, then fire him too.
Tanking did us wonders when we were last this bad. I say **** it let's do it again. If we make the playoffs it'll be a hair and we'll get our old, useless, "loyalty contracted" ***** beat to hell. We have no hope this season. If we make the playoffs all it would do is give Melnyk more of an argument for his stupid ways

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'll miss ya Paul. Thanks for the ride. You were my 2nd favorite Sens coach (behind Murray).

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
MacLean you went from making all the right lineup decisions to all the wrong ones. And then when you were finally getting it right again you get dismissed....

Losing Alfie and an ex coach GM and a owner who fancies himself a GM made you look worse than you were.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Maclean got screwed because the boys upstairs have no ****ing accountability and threw Maclean to the lion pits. ****ing Christ I hate this team these days.

I'll miss you, you beautiful Walrus

Yep, look at the pattern. Practically very coach under Murray gets canned when he tries to hold the team accountable. Gramps Murray makes sure that the country club atmosphere continues by coddling the players and giving them whatever they want. Daugavins and Alfie both said this team was too comfortable.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yep, look at the pattern. Practically very coach under Murray gets canned when he tries to hold the team accountable. Gramps Murray makes sure that the country club atmosphere continues by coddling the players and giving them whatever they want. Daugavins and Alfie both said this team was too comfortable.

I think to start you have to get rid of the old vets. It's easier for a coach to hold young players more accountable than respected veterans

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
I think to start you have to get rid of the old vets. It's easier for a coach to hold young players more accountable than respected veterans
I would be so happy if this team ended its obsession with having some sort of connection with the 90's and early 2000's. ENOUGH with Neil and Phillips being around because they've been so "loyal". Be done with the spartan and the United In Red garbage and be their own team for once.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

And those who follow in his footsteps get tripped up anyway.
For instance Paddock and the whole Ray Emery thing.

He had been skipping practice or going late .It got to be such a joke that the players hung a necktie in the goal. Paddock said that was the same the year before when Murray was coaching and as they were winning no one said anything about it. By the time they tried to rein him in it was a big kerfuffle.Things fell apart in the middle of that season partly because players were not held accountable.

Maclean got grief here for sitting Methot for a game or two last year after he skipped practice. It seems like Maclean was pushing one way and Murray was pulling the other way. No wonder they didn't see eye to eye.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I would be so happy if this team ended its obsession with having some sort of connection with the 90's and early 2000's. ENOUGH with Neil and Phillips being around because they've been so "loyal". Be done with the spartan and the United In Red garbage and be their own team for once.

That is one thing I dislike during his entire Tenure here. He is too sentimental with players.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Get rid of garbage players like Neil and Phillips next. They were good 10 years ago but not anymore. They've been well compensated athletes for their entire playing careers. Wouldn't get an ounce of sympathy from me if they were to lose their jobs tommorow

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That Montreal series was one of the epic underdog wins for the Sens.

Paulrus played such a great role in it.

Trolled EVERYONE! EVERYONE I TELLS YOU!

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
That Montreal series was one of the epic underdog wins for the Sens.

Paulrus played such a great role in it.

Trolled EVERYONE! EVERYONE I TELLS YOU!

Montreal management has based their whole scouting, drafting and trading strategy on that series. It is quite the compliment.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Great run Paul, thanks for the memories. I wish you nothing but the best.

Class act stading up in the press conference.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
This is really bothering me, normally I'm sort of indifferent by the point of execution.

Paulrus forever.

Who's going to supply personality now? This team is so dull.
We need Pierre McGuire to be our GM or something.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'll always remember him for that Montreal series. In the realm of personality he's my number 1 coach in Sens history. All the best Paul.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Pacques MarcLean: The Teachinator

I'm too lazy right now to photoshop that horrifying idea into reality.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Although I absolutely despised him, Im gonna miss his post game press conferences after every game, its gonna feel different for a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad