Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon for Luke Toporowski and a Conditional 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Maroon publicly humiliated the Bruins in 2019. I do not forgive.

I will never support this guy, never cheer a single thing he does. I sincerely hope he never actually pulls on the spoked B, he doesn't deserve it.

The trade itself is harmless and risk-free. But I refuse to get on board with this player simply because he's now on our roster. The sooner he's gone, the better.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

I will never support this guy, never cheer a single thing he does. I sincerely hope he never actually pulls on the spoked B, he doesn't deserve it.

The trade itself is harmless and risk-free. But I refuse to get on board with this player simply because he's now on our roster. The sooner he's gone, the better.
Relax lol

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Don't misunderstand me. It's a game, so of course no big deal. Maroon's just never going to be a guy I root for. For a lot of folks, a player pulls on the 'right' jersey and suddenly he's ok. I'm just not that person.

I'd prefer he wasn't here. He is, so be it. But I don't have to like it.
You'll like it when someone on the opposing team decides to take liberties on Marchand or Pasta. Because they know that the Maroon fists of fury are coming their way. They might think twice with that deterrent.

The best part of this trade is that Jack Edwards eats crow.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
You'll like it when someone on the opposing team decides to take liberties on Marchand or Pasta. Because they know that the Maroon fists of fury are coming their way. They might think twice with that deterrent.

I assure you I won't. Besides Maroon's a terrible fighter for his size. I'm not sure he's much of a deterrent to anybody.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Playoff hockey is brutal. Opposing teams will look for weaknesses and take liberties. Bruins were in need of a huge physical player to keep opposing players honest. Sweeny was looking for this and found it in Maroon. Had Looch until he screwed up. Can't have dummies like Domi and Bert running around with no consequence.

Last edited:

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017

Respectfully, I’m glad Sweeney and Neely aren’t looking at it this way.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Didn't Benoit Pouliot sign with the Bruins the year after Jack Edwards called him a pathetic embarassment of a talent and completely ran him down when he was fighting someone?

He went for a headshot so I actually sided with Jack there, but this makes me laugh in the same way.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I've hated yet I'm impressed with this guy at the same time.
He brings a winning attitude, that's the main thing.
Still be strange to see him wearing the B.

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Sigh. We shall see if he can indeed fulfill the actual need for physicality in due time. Was not at the top of my wish list to do so BUT, for example, I don't think it is too controversial to say that he would have come in handy vs. FLA last year. Greer too but not to Monty's eyes I guess.

The Panthers drafted the blueprint to beat the Bs (and gave them just a taste of it this year at the beginning of the Mac revenge game which gave the Bs PTSD in those first ten "there's no puck" minutes) and the Leafs will implement it game after game. So in comes Maroon. Fine.

There is a risk though, other than the one previously identified. Maroon activates Reaves who can wreak a lot more havoc when engaged - and he will be compared to how he aimlessly played in the regular season series - including on Maroon in an actual fight. Call it the the bloody or KOed goon effect, AKA the Jeff Odgers effect. Odds are not in his favor in a fight against Reaves.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Fists of fury?

Maroon hugs and cowers more than throwing fists of fury.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca

I'm with you. Really just hoping he can get Freddy engaged more consistently. But yeah... bleh.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020

Time to let go!

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Wotherspoon! The guy get is ass kicked by the heavy weight fighter Bertuzzi!

He did decent to fight back after Perry jumped him though. He's willing at least. But being willing to hit people is much more important than fighting skill at this point

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
How much of a contributing factor Maroon has been in his teams' playoff success can certainly be debated - but teams with him in the lineup have a combined playoff record of:

92-58
(61.3 Winning%)

Just for fun, here's the Bruins playoff record with Brad Marchand in the lineup:

79-67
(54.1 Winning%)

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I’m more mad at the bruins for letting a plug publicly humiliate them than I am at the plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad