Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon for Luke Toporowski and a Conditional 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The hate is strong for him. I don’t get it.
He told us we were f***ed in the 2019 final, and he was right.

Sorry but we need a guy like this on our team. He has experience. Is a veteran. KNOWS what it takes to win a cup. Can fire up a locker room.

Look, I wish Looch was playing. I truly do. But he's not. So yeah, we got Maroon. He's no Matt Cooke.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
If HF Board was around when Ken Linseman joined the Bruins in 1984 season, he would have gotten the same reaction that Maroon is getting here..
Ken, the original rat, soon became a fan favourite.
Watching Maroon’s introductory presser today, I am getting pumped to see him in a Bruins jersey

Last edited:

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Because most of these players are good guys that play hard and close to the line. All of Faroon's teammates rave about what a good team mate he is/was. I doubt it won't translate here.
We excepted Bertuzzi and wanted him to be resigned and he's as much of a d*ck as Marchand is to the rest of the league.

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Great interview with him today, he's excited to play for the Bruins. Like all Bruin fans, hated him as he was almost like a villain against the Bruins, but I have always found him to be a very effective 4th liner who steps up in the playoffs. The guy is a winner who instantly makes us tougher and brings an entertainment value for us to enjoy.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Sigh. We shall see if he can indeed fulfill the actual need for physicality in due time. Was not at the top of my wish list to do so BUT, for example, I don't think it is too controversial to say that he would have come in handy vs. FLA last year. Greer too but not to Monty's eyes I guess.

The Panthers drafted the blueprint to beat the Bs (and gave them just a taste of it this year at the beginning of the Mac revenge game which gave the Bs PTSD in those first ten "there's no puck" minutes) and the Leafs will implement it game after game. So in comes Maroon. Fine.

There is a risk though, other than the one previously identified. Maroon activates Reaves who can wreak a lot more havoc when engaged - and he will be compared to how he aimlessly played in the regular season series - including on Maroon in an actual fight. Call it the the bloody or KOed goon effect, AKA the Jeff Odgers effect. Odds are not in his favor in a fight against Reaves.
Reeves really has been a non factor in all the games the Leafs have lost to the Bruins this year. He is like a big dog tied up in a junk yard. All teeth and butt hole.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Great interview with him today, he's excited to play for the Bruins. Like all Bruin fans, hated him as he was almost like a villain against the Bruins, but I have always found him to be a very effective 4th liner who steps up in the playoffs. The guy is a winner who instantly makes us tougher and brings an entertainment value for us to enjoy.
Bruins are a big team that needs to play bigger. Maroon will add four inches in height to every player on the team. Look at 5'4" Domi. He plays like he is 5'8" with Reeves on their bench. My point is Maroon will make the Bruins tougher to play against. He will elevate the physicality in the play offs.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Bruins are a big team that needs to play bigger. Maroon will add four inches in height to every player on the team. Look at 5'4" Domi. He plays like he is 5'8" with Reeves on their bench. My point is Maroon will make the Bruins tougher to play against. He will elevate the physicality in the play offs.
5'4"........lol, Best of Max went down Tie's.........

Reactions: bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I agree. Hathaway at least provided tangible 4th line hockey skills as much as I detested him.

Maroon is strictly going to be a staged goon with some "playoff late hitting" on the forecheck if he catches up to the defender. Something I suppose but after watching Brazeau he does that and more with the puck. Time will tell.

Personally I hope he does not play a game in Round 1 if it's Toronto. Save the conditional draft pick. Should the Bruins play NYR with Rempe or Florida with Tkachuk then he can play.

Maroon intimidates no one. At least Reaves can intimidate other fighters.
Brazeau put up massive numbers in junior. 131 points including 61 goals his last season. He hardly had a penalty minute. Not known to be physical. Maybe Monty changes this.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I always thought that Maroon was part of the success his team had, in St-Louis and Tampa. The guy knows his role, play's in his role and is good at that. He is though older but seems to played well with the Wild. I do like this trade, always liked the guy.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Can't wait to watch Maroon play for the Bruins, only negative is his back injury.

Welcome Patrick, hope you are healthy enough to resign next year.
He may never actually play for the Bs. Back injuries are not good.

I never liked Maroon.....

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope the people that “can’t root for Maroon” understand that Brad Marchand would be one of the bruins biggest villains of all time if he happened to don a different logo on his sweater.
Not at all the same player.

Brad is a top player in the NHL.

I hope Maroon can win me over but as of now :thumbd:. He may never actually play for the Bs with a bad back.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Once a player puts a Bruin jersey on and gets into a game I consider him a Bruin. Others will jump on board when he rag dolls a couple of Leaf players.
I usually feel this way...except for Zac Rinaldo. Hated him as a player...I believe some of the Bruins players disliked him too.

I hope Maroon can change my mind. I won't tell him (at least his first game) to GTFO like I did to Rinaldo.

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You are so right, he will elevate everyone's toughness. Bruins fans had a right to, and should have hated this guy , now we get to cheer the guy for the same bullshit we hated him for.....My only concern is a coming back from back surgery, really hope we get to see the real Patrick Maroon. If he is healthy the fans will love him.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I usually feel this way...except for Zac Rinaldo. Hated him as a player...I believe some of the Bruins players disliked him too.

I hope Maroon can change my mind. I won't tell him (at least his first game) to GTFO like I did to Rinaldo.
I saw Rinaldo play in junior many times. He acted out constantly looking for attention. He wasn't a team player. Played like a meat head trying to injure other players.

Reactions: Ladyfan

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Pasta is not only okay with him but suggested he come - but by all means, let’s all hate on him from a million miles away lmao

Guys like him are LOVED on teams. Trust me. I was one, lol.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
You are so right, he will elevate everyone's toughness. Bruins fans had a right to, and should have hated this guy , now we get to cheer the guy for the same bullshit we hated him for.....My only concern is a coming back from back surgery, really hope we get to see the real Patrick Maroon. If he is healthy the fans will love him.
Yes I hated him to. Watching the Leaf game where opposing players were taking liberties you can see a need for someone to settle things down. Looch was going to be that player. Sweeny had to address that issue before the play offs. Not every Bruin player is willing to step into that roll and maybe shouldn't. Marchy is the captain and opposing teams target him. Can't have players running one of your best players with out answering for it at some point.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I saw Rinaldo play in junior many times. He acted out constantly looking for attention. He wasn't a team player. Played like a meat head trying to injure other players.
exactly. He would hack at players ankles and then the other team would go after Bergy. I NEVER saw him stand up for any other player other than himself. From the look on Quaider's face I am pretty sure he did not care for Zac.
Pasta is not only okay with him but suggested he come - but by all means, let’s all hate on him from a million miles away lmao

Guys like him are LOVED on teams. Trust me. I was one, lol.
I hope you are right.

Yes I hated him to. Watching the Leaf game where opposing players were taking liberties you can see a need for someone to settle things down. Looch was going to be that player. Sweeny had to address that issue before the play offs. Not every Bruin player is willing to step into that roll and maybe shouldn't. Marchy is the captain and opposing teams target him. Can't have players running one of your best players with out answering for it at some point.
It is tough when Brad is the toughest player on the team...and IMO he is.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Marchand will take liberties whenever he wants regardless of who’s on the other team. Tom Wilson will take liberties whenever he wants regardless who the other team has. This concept of prevention of anything is flat out bullshit and been disproven hundred of thousands of times over the years. A guy like Reaves (at least spell the dudes name right ffs) is there for a response after that fact and nothing else. Maroon is not that guy though. He’s more of a cheap shot spot picker. Far more greasy than an actual enforcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad