Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon for Luke Toporowski and a Conditional 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maroon is a bully, that’s the easiest way to describe him

He’ll pick on guys smaller than him and will usually beat them up and then when it comes to the top tier heavies he goes huggy bear until the refs step in

I personally think the bruins needed an asshole so I’m ok with it. Would have preferred Duhaime and probably Olivier but this will do…especially since Pasta wanted it. In Pasta I trust.

Reactions: Ladyfan

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Brazeau put up massive numbers in junior. 131 points including 61 goals his last season. He hardly had a penalty minute. Not known to be physical. Maybe Monty changes this.
Im actually surprised how physical he is. I noticed no one pushes back when he's battling in front of the net.

Maybe because of his size players are not willing to find out if he can fight

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Im actually surprised how physical he is. I noticed no one pushes back when he's battling in front of the net.

I had mentioned Brazeau a while back because I knew what type of player he was in the OHL. At the trade deadline in junior in his last year every team in contention wanted him. When I inquired about him on the Providence site or this site (can't remember) I was told he would never make the Bruins. Too slow. Now watching him he can protect the puck nicely with his reach. Put him in front of the net and it's like trying to move a cement pillar. Good for Brazeau.

Reactions: GordonHowe

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I had mentioned Brazeau a while back because I knew what type of player he was in the OHL. At the trade deadline in junior in his last year every team in contention wanted him. When I inquired about him on the Providence site or this site (can't remember) I was told he would never make the Bruins. Too slow. Now watching him he can protect the puck nicely with his reach. Put him in front of the net and it's like trying to move a cement pillar. Good for Brazeau.
I definitely was one of the ppl who said that about him. Shows what I know, he’s making it work so far

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
He may never actually play for the Bs. Back injuries are not good.

I never liked Maroon.....
that is the MAIN issue. And imo Maroon trains less than Chara! Might have some baby fat around his belt!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I definitely was one of the ppl who said that about him. Shows what I know, he’s making it work so far
Some players make the jump to pro that look like they don't have the skating. They put up incredible numbers in junior but their skating just doesn't look like it transfers to the pro game. Brazeau must of impressed someone on the Bruins and got a shot out of neccessity. Hope he makes the best of it. Watching the speed in NHL you can see why only one or two percent make it.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Brazeau put up massive numbers in junior. 131 points including 61 goals his last season. He hardly had a penalty minute. Not known to be physical. Maybe Monty changes this.

10 hits last 2 games! If he keeps that up and works a big body cycle down low, he showed he has good vision already to make plays. Lauko, Beecher, Brazeau is what I want the 4th line to be ideally. Boqvist is more likely unfortunately.

Reactions: Carl Hungus and CDJ

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Marchand will take liberties whenever he wants regardless of who’s on the other team. Tom Wilson will take liberties whenever he wants regardless who the other team has. This concept of prevention of anything is flat out bullshit and been disproven hundred of thousands of times over the years. A guy like Reaves (at least spell the dudes name right ffs) is there for a response after that fact and nothing else. Maroon is not that guy though. He’s more of a cheap shot spot picker. Far more greasy than an actual enforcer.
I’m not a “prevention” school of thought guy, for the record. It’s never been about prevention. Guys have done shit despite the Semenko’s of the world being there since Moses wore short pants.

But it IS about energy. It IS about response. It IS about equalizing the shit that happens during a game that doesn’t make its way to a fan’s ears.

It’s important. But yeah, it’s not about prevention.

In terms of Maroon being or not being that guy, I can understand the perspective that he’s not. I think he is, and I think he will be moreso wearing our jersey.

The guy wouldn’t have fought Chara a half a dozen times if he was a ducker.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Maroon is a bully, that’s the easiest way to describe him

He’ll pick on guys smaller than him and will usually beat them up and then when it comes to the top tier heavies he goes huggy bear until the refs step in

I personally think the bruins needed an asshole so I’m ok with it. Would have preferred Duhaime and probably Olivier but this will do…especially since Pasta wanted it. In Pasta I trust.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I liked his interview and I hope he can recover well from the surgery. He knows his role and seems like he'll be a strong and needed locker room presence. I always hated him when the B's played him, and to me that's the hallmark of a player who adds value, whatever form that value takes

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023

That’s what I was thinking, too. He hits a lot. I’m sure eventually he will throw down and we will see what he’s made of. A guy that size will likely have a reach advantage and maybe a devastating punch? I like him either way, but if he can fight we might have a very serviceable player.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Man side note that Olivier might be the toughest kid in the league holy moly
I like how that guy plays. He's still young, too. I think he would be a good 4th line option for the Bruins. I've been pretty high on him for a while, I think he'd work out here. A team with good structure would benefit him big time.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
10 hits last 2 games! If he keeps that up and works a big body cycle down low, he showed he has good vision already to make plays. Lauko, Beecher, Brazeau is what I want the 4th line to be ideally. Boqvist is more likely unfortunately.
I put Maroon in over Lauko and not give it a second thought. I like Laukos energy but, really, he hasn’t done squat all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad