Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon for Luke Toporowski and a Conditional 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Discuss! Celebrate! Kvetch!
IMG_3905.jpeg

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Just don't like the guy on the ice, but value wise and what he brings it makes sense. Wonder if he replaces Brazeau or flanks Boqvist with him...as slow as those two are they would be near impossible to handle down low and in front of the net.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Just don't like the guy on the ice, but value wise and what he brings it makes sense. Wonder if he replaces Brazeau or flanks Boqvist with him...as slow as those two are they would be near impossible to handle down low and in front of the net.

I think Brazeau has played very well, and has the size we need on that line. Lauko probably comes out.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Whelp. He knows what it takes to win. Greasy big guy for when games get greasy and calls for size.

So is this the 'big' move we've been hearing about? :naughty:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Checks some boxes; big, hits, pain in the butt, cheap . Good depth move that could pay off

Edit: by cheap I meant price, but....
Does he though? He fights but isn't a big thrower of hits. He averages less than 2 a game for his career (1.89 per game), and that's before coming off of back surgery at the age of 35. Lauko for example has averaged nearly 3 a game (2.89 per game)in his time so far this year.

I personally don't get it. He doesn't make the team any better. He doesn't move the needle. This is basically rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Waste of a roster spot. Terrible player, not actually tough. Fights like Greg Campbell. A staged fighting Campbell.

Free, but why? This looks lazy by Sweeney. Maroon is at least the 15th forward.

Reactions: LSCII and Ladyfan

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Does he though? He fights but isn't a big thrower of hits. He averages less than 2 a game for his career, and that's before coming off of back surgery at the age of 35.

I personally don't get it. He doesn't make the team any better. He doesn't move the needle. This is basically rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic
I remember him banging us around when he was in Tampa and driving me crazy, so I think so. We don’t have the arms to get in an arms race with everyone this year, and of all those teams making crazy moves this week, it’s only going to pay off for one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: duffy and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I remember him banging us around when he was in Tampa and driving me crazy, so I think so. We don’t have the arms to get in an arms race with everyone this year, and of all those teams making crazy moves this week, it’s only going to pay off for one of them.
Again, anecdotal evidence vs reality. He doesn't even average 2 hits a game. Now I agree they don't have the horses this year, but Maroon doesn't change anything.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad