Proposal: Parayko for ROR

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Hypothetically if the leafs sign JT how about Kadri for Parayko?
giphy.gif

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Are you kidding?
His footspeed and reach enable him to compensate not only for his own mistakes, but the mistakes of whomever he's paired with. can't count the number of mind blowing recoveries he made last year, just when you think he's beat.
If there is an area for Parayko to improve, it is decision making. specifically, he hesitates. He just needs his confidence to grow to match that sizable frame. Once he learns to trust his instincts and commit instead of second guessing himself, he'll be a Norris winner.
But unless he returns Draisatl, he'd better be doing all that in StL.

If you think speed is any sort of issue with Parayko you must have a very short list of defensemen it isn't an issue for. That may be the last thing any Blues fan is concerned with regarding Parayko. His decision making is also fine, especially defensively. If Petro went down to injury for an extended time I wouldn't be the least bit worried about Parayko stepping in and filling that role. Parayko's biggest issue is that cannon of his shot needs to be a threat. A lot of that is on him getting it off quicker and more accurately but some falls onto a forward group that doesn't open the ice up well enough for the d-men.

Footspeed and lateral movement is not an issue for Parayko whatsoever. He's actually extremely fast especially his closing speed. As for decision making, I wouldn't necessarily say it's his decision making that I'm concerned about. It's more or less his tendencies to be too passive. He is such a prime candidate to break through just because of how hesitant he is offensively. Once he starts taking some ownership in the oz I'd watch out for him. Defensively he's fantastic aside from a little stretch at the end of the year last year of like 8-10 games where him and Dunn looked awful together for some reason.

Completely fair, like I said I have limited viewings of him and most likely caught him on off-nights where he had gaffes that lead to goals, but the same can be said for any player.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Something that was at least kicked around on the Blues board.

Parayko + Berglund

For

ROR + Bogosian

Personally I think it’s a hell of a lot to give up for ROR but the Blues have also put themselves in a position of desperately needing a top 6 C. Some Blues fans could live with it while others won’t trade Parayko unless it’s for the 2nd coming of Gretzky.

The reason for sending Berglund is mainly cap and the Blues have plenty of 3rd line talent, and the probability Thomas can hold down the 3C.

Bogosian isn’t going to replace Parayko but he fills the vacancy.

I would take this deal and run if it's on the table. Would not expect any deal realistically to happen where BUF acquires someone as valuable as Parayko and gets rid of Bogo in the same trade...even with ROR involved. I would even add a little bit to this trade if needed to make it happen.

Dahlin-Parayko
Scandella-Risto
McCabe/Guhle/Nelson/Beaulieu/Pilut battle it out for final 2-3 roster spots, 2 bottom guys that get left out go to AHL

Yes please

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm just shocked someone asked for Bogosian.

Solid offer.

Not sure if i would do it.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Parayko has almost twice the value RoR has atm. Buffalo would need a massive addition even before you mention that there is likely no way STL would move him.

Reactions: sfvega

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I may be in the minority for Sabre fans, but I wouldn't hate it but I also wouldn't be ecstatic either. IMO Payako is a excellent top 4 player. But he also plays a semi sheltered role behind Pietrangelo and he's pretty much the same player he was when he came into the NHL. Don't get her wrong, there's still some potential there, but he hasn't leaped to the next level. O'Reilly plays the hardest minutes against the other teams best. The value is a lot closer then what people are saying on here.

It would be nice to add Paryko to Buffalo's top 4, but the hole O'Reilly left would suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad