Proposal: Parayko for ROR

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Wow I can't beleive how Ryan O'Reilly is overrated on these board!!:huh:
It's not over rating him, it's just fact that Buffalo's GM Jason Botterill is NOT actively shopping ROR. He will listen to offers, like any GM would from any team should they so choose to come forward, but make no mistake, the Buffalo Sabres DO NOT have to move ROR. They are in the drivers seat in ANY trade offer on ROR.

This isn't under or over valuing ROR, this is just fact.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Of course we can ,what are you on about?

Not a chance in hell on this planet or any other that Botterill retains one cent on that deal, unless he gets a MASSIVE overpayment from a team

Now this deal particularly, I would consider a small retention on bogosian as they do us a favor. But since I dont see a major difference in Parayko to ROR, its minimal

Reactions: Yatzhee

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I may be in the minority for Sabre fans, but I wouldn't hate it but I also wouldn't be ecstatic either. IMO Payako is a excellent top 4 player. But he also plays a semi sheltered role behind Pietrangelo and he's pretty much the same player he was when he came into the NHL. Don't get her wrong, there's still some potential there, but he hasn't leaped to the next level. O'Reilly plays the hardest minutes against the other teams best. The value is a lot closer then what people are saying on here.

It would be nice to add Paryko to Buffalo's top 4, but the hole O'Reilly left would suck.
Do a lot of "sheltered" dmen play nearly 23 minutes a night in all situations? The amount of misinformation posted about Parayko on this trade board is absurd.

Parayko is the same player he was when he came in the league? Seriously...? He has literally improved every year since he has been in the league, by just about any possible metric. Lol.

I get that Buffalo fans have had to put up with a lot of crap related to trading ROR, but some of the things posted in this thread are downright delusional.

Reactions: Colt55

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Do a lot of "sheltered" dmen play nearly 23 minutes a night in all situations? The amount of misinformation posted about Parayko on this trade board is absurd.

Parayko is the same player he was when he came in the league? Seriously...? He has literally improved every year since he has been in the league, by just about any possible metric. Lol.

I get that Buffalo fans have had to put up with a lot of crap related to trading ROR, but some of the things posted in this thread are downright delusional.
I agree, and that goes both ways.
It isn't the Buffalo Sabres fans coming to St. Louis Blues fans asking for Parayko, it's the St. Louis Blues fans coming to the Buffalo Sabres fans asking for ROR.
They are both valued assets, but the truth is this, if St. Louis fans want ROR's services, Buffalo fans is setting the price, not St. Louis.
This is just reality, and I would fully exptect the Blues to be the same way if it were the Sabres or any team for that matter looking for Parayko's services.

ROR and the 2018 2nd rd Sabres pick is ridiculous given the above statements.
St. Louis wants ROR, ok, the OP's offer:

Parayko + Berglund

For

ROR + Bogosian

That is a fair offer for Jason Botterill to consider. There really isn't much else to talk about. Blues fans will continue their search for the center they seek, Sabres fans will continue to look for Defensemen they seek.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
How is a middle pairing defenseman more valuable than a 1C?
So if eichel is the 1c that makes ror the second best center on the team even though he could play 1c he is dubbed the 2 c. So since petro is better than parayko he is the #1rhd which makes parayko the second best Dan on our team the #2rhd even though he has show with 23+ mins a night and heading worlds teams with the #1rhd position that he can play the #1rhd role.

So long story short the only reason. They are the #1s of their position is because there is already someone there better than them playing that spot. Rather keep parayko and develop Thomas.

Reactions: sfvega

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It isn't the Buffalo Sabres coming to the St. Louis Blues asking for Parayko, it's the St. Louis Blues coming to the Buffalo Sabres asking for ROR.
They are both valued assets, but the truth is this, St. Louis wants ROR's services, Buffalo is setting the price, not St. Louis.
This is just reality, and I would fully exptect the Blues to be the same way if it were the Sabres or any team for that matter looking for Parayko's services.

Parayko + Berglund

For

ROR + Bogosian

That is a fair offer for Jason Botterill to consider. There really isn't much else to talk about. Blues fans will continue their search for the center they seek, Sabres fans will continue to look for Defensemen they seek.
This was a bad prop. We don't need for that badly. Per Pitts fans we could just get uphill the thrill vessel and he doesn't need a center to drive the play lol.
Seriously though ror great player but we just can't pay that price. Parayko should only be available for a young 1c like drais.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
It isn't the Buffalo Sabres fans coming to St. Louis Blues fans asking for Parayko, it's the St. Louis Blues fans coming to the Buffalo Sabres fans asking for ROR.
They are both valued assets, but the truth is this, if St. Louis fans want ROR's services, Buffalo fans is setting the price, not St. Louis.

Parayko + Berglund

For

ROR + Bogosian

This isn't Blues fans coming to sabres fans asking for ROR, this is ONE Blues FAN offering to overpay for a center he is desperate for. What reality are you talking about? The "reality" of HF trade boards...?

Give me a break with the bargaining tactics ("Parayko = sheltered second pairing dman who hasn't improved since he came in the league") and rationalization of needs ("we don't have to trade ROR, if you don't knock our sock off then go kick rocks...nevermind the fact that our locker room desperately needs a culture change and ROR is too old to match our re-build"). If you want to play the "your team is desperate for a C" card, then I'm going to play the "your team desperately needs a shake up after several miserable seasons" card.

The value of your proposal heavily favors Buffalo, Botterill would take it in a second and run away laughing hysterically if Doug Armstrong was dub enough to propose it. Good luck getting that is actual reality.

Reactions: sfvega

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This isn't Blues fans coming to sabres fans asking for ROR, this is ONE Blues FAN offering to overpay for a center he is desperate for. What reality are you talking about? The "reality" of HF trade boards...?

Give me a break with the bargaining tactics ("Parayko = sheltered second pairing dman who hasn't improved since he came in the league") and rationalization of needs ("we don't have to trade ROR, if you don't knock our sock off then go kick rocks...nevermind the fact that our locker room desperately needs a culture change and ROR is too old to match our re-build").

The value of your proposal heavily favors Buffalo, Botterill would take it in a second and run away laughing hysterically if Doug Armstrong was dub enough to propose it. Good luck getting that is actual reality.
Yea, I know, it sucks doesn't it.
The OP offer is a fair offer for Botterill to consider.
No, I won't give you a break on the bargaining tactics. There are no tactics, the Sabres are not shopping ROR, give them a reason to move him. That ROR and 2nd is a joke, it not only doesn't move the needle, it gets laughed at. Bare in mind, ONCE AGAIN, ROR doesn't have to be traded.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Things no one cares about: who needs who more or who gets to set the terms or who's in the driver's seat etc. Question is just does a trade improve the Sabres/Blues.

I think the OP works for the Sabres.

Reactions: stl76

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Things no one cares about: who needs who more or who gets to set the terms or who's in the driver's seat etc. Question is just does a trade improve the Sabres/Blues.

It doesn't work for blues not at all.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Yea, I know, it sucks doesn't it.
The OP offer is a fair offer for Botterill to consider.
No, I won't give you a break on the bargaining tactics. There are no tactics, the Sabres are not shopping ROR, give them a reason to move him. That ROR and 2nd is a joke, it not only doesn't move the needle, it gets laughed at. Bare in mind, ONCE AGAIN, ROR doesn't have to be traded.
Riiiiiight. :eyeroll:

Nobody is saying the sabres have to trade ROR. But as much as the Blues need a top 6 center, I think it's fair to say that the sabres need a culture change at least as badly (if not more).

So if you want to threaten to take your ball and go home, like a mature adult (lol), then it's also fair to point out that there are more potential top 6 center options for the Blues to pursue than there are sabres players they can move to change the team culture. The Blues can pursue UFA's like Tavares, Stastny, Bozak, or try to trade for another C like Johnson, Brassard, etc.

How many players do you think there are on the sabres that are part of the team leadership who they could realistically trade to improve the team culture/locker room? Moving a bottom 6 winger or 4/5 D probably isn't going to impact the team culture much IMO. I don't think it would be a good idea to bring a young kid like Dahlin into that locker room unless there are significant changes from the end of last season. But hey, at least season ticket prices aren't going up next year...

...OR, instead of all the B.S. bargaining tactics above ^^^ we could actually try to think of a reasonable deal that could benefit both teams. Seems like a better idea to me. What are Buffalo's needs? Wingers, defense? Blues have several very good wingers, picks, and pieces other than Parayko.

What about something around ROR for Dunn + good winger prospect + pick + roster player?

stl76

Jul 2, 2015

Well said.

Assuming the Blues will not trade Parayko for ROR (which is probably a pretty safe assumption), do you think the sabres would consider an offer like Dunn + Sobotka + high pick (1st or 2nd) + winger prospect (quality of prospect depending on the pick included)?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Riiiiiight. :eyeroll:

Nobody is saying the sabres have to trade ROR. But as much as the Blues need a top 6 center, I think it's fair to say that the sabres need a culture change at least as badly (if not more).

So if you want to threaten to take your ball and go home, like a mature adult (lol), then it's also fair to point out that there are more potential top 6 center options for the Blues to pursue than there are sabres players they can move to change the team culture. The Blues can pursue UFA's like Tavares, Stastny, Bozak, or try to trade for another C like Johnson, Brassard, etc.

How many players do you think there are on the sabres that are part of the team leadership who they could realistically trade to improve the team culture/locker room? Moving a bottom 6 winger or 4/5 D probably isn't going to impact the team culture much IMO. I don't think it would be a good idea to bring a young kid like Dahlin into that locker room unless there are significant changes from the end of last season. But hey, at least season ticket prices aren't going up next year...

...OR, instead of all the B.S. bargaining tactics above ^^^ we could actually try to think of a reasonable deal that could benefit both teams. Seems like a better idea to me. What are Buffalo's needs? Wingers, defense? Blues have several very good wingers, picks, and pieces other than Parayko.

What about something around ROR for Dunn + good winger prospect + pick + roster player?
I'll leave it at this, Buffalo isn't looking for the package in your post. Picks don't address immediate need.

Everything outside of your team needs request I'll forego, as it only further tales away from what you seek, which is a reasonable offer both teams can except.
With that in mind, if Parayko isn't available, Buffalo needs a 1st and 2nd line left handed left wingers with speed in the 21 to 25 yr old age range and a netminder to share competitive atmosphere with Ullmark.

Reinhart almost assuredly stays on RW with Okposo. Lines 3 and 4 have options, but if Middlestadt is given the reigns of a potential sheltered 3rd line center role, he'll need beef on at least one wing for protection and speed on the other, but the beef with snarl and skill is the apex to look for.

Those are some of the needs.
Buffalo has 2 players from the SHL coming over, Victor Olofsson and Rasmus Asplund who have played a mans game for a couple of seasons each, Justin Bailey and Nicholas Baptiste are NHL ready for bottom 6 RW duty.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
I'll leave it at this, Buffalo isn't looking for the package in your post. Picks don't address immediate need.

Everything outside of your team needs request I'll forego, as it only further tales away from what you seek, which is a reasonable offer both teams can except.
With that in mind, if Parayko isn't available, Buffalo needs a 1st and 2nd line left handed left wingers with speed in the 21 to 25 yr old age range and a netminder to share competitive atmosphere with Ullmark.

Reinhart almost assuredly stays on RW with Okposo. Lines 3 and 4 have options, but if Middlestadt is given the reigns of a potential sheltered 3rd line center role, he'll need beef on at least one wing for protection and speed on the other, but the beef with snarl and skill is the apex to look for.

Those are some of the needs.
Buffalo has 2 players from the SHL coming over, Victor Olofsson and Rasmus Asplund who have played a mans game for a couple of seasons each, Justin Bailey and Nicholas Baptiste are NHL ready for bottom 6 RW duty.
Thank you. Thank you for a reasonable response. So the sabres are set at C and RW, got it.

Blues are stuffed to the gills with LWers, you came to the right place my friend. Barbashev, Fabbri (with conditional pick attached based on his health/performance), Sobotka, Berglund, Sammy Blais, Erik Foley, Zach Sanford...any could be part of a deal.

As far as goalies, yeah probably can't help you there unless you're a big Jake Allen fan.

What about something like Dunn + Barbashev + Sobotka + pick for ROR. 3 pieces that can immediately step onto the roster and contribute.

Sobotka is included for salary, but not a cap dump. Versatile and defensively responsible middle 6 LWer who can PK and play C in a pinch. Barbashev is a good young center who can also play LW very effectively and I think is just scratching the surface of what he's capable of. Dunn is a very good young dman coming off an excellent rookie season who has legit top pairing upside. You may say that picks don't address immediate need, but the other pieces do, and the pick in there to even out value. And let's be honest, it's not like the sabres contending for the cup next season...picks definitely still do have value to a young team like them.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Well said.

Assuming the Blues will not trade Parayko for ROR (which is probably a pretty safe assumption), do you think the sabres would consider an offer like Dunn + Sobotka + high pick (1st or 2nd) + winger prospect (quality of prospect depending on the pick included)?

Only if somebody at the Sabres were in love with Dunn's projection. I'm not the guy who'd know.

If it's not a polished player like Parayko, I think the Sabres have to have the sense that they're getting back multiple pieces are going to be strengths in their top 6/4 in a couple years time. Get younger and get a future top 6 W and a top 4 D, that could work.

But everybody's got a future top 4 D and top 6 W to sell you if you buy the home crowd's scouting report, so I'm not gonna comment on the specific player here, just because I'm not qualified.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Thank you. Thank you for a reasonable response. So the sabres are set at C and RW, got it.

Blues are stuffed to the gills with LWers, you came to the right place my friend. Barbashev, Fabbri (with conditional pick attached based on his health/performance), Sobotka, Berglund, Sammy Blais, Erik Foley, Zach Sanford...any could be part of a deal.

As far as goalies, yeah probably can't help you there unless you're a big Jake Allen fan.

What about something like Dunn + Barbashev + Sobotka + pick for ROR. 3 pieces that can immediately step onto the roster and contribute.

Sobotka is included for salary, but not a cap dump. Versatile and defensively responsible middle 6 LWer who can PK and play C in a pinch. Barbashev is a good young center who can also play LW very effectively and I think is just scratching the surface of what he's capable of. Dunn is a very good young dman coming off an excellent rookie season who has legit top pairing upside. You may say that picks don't address immediate need, but the other pieces do, and the pick in there to even out value. And let's be honest, it's not like the sabres contending for the cup next season...picks definitely still do have value to a young team like them.
Change Barbashev to Kyrou and you might have something if Botterill is looking for a futures based return.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
So Dunn + Kyrou + Sobotka + 29th pick will catch Botterill's attention for ROR? I assume this would be the overpayment that would entice him to trade ROR + Bogo as a cap dump? I can't see the Blues doing that.

I think the Blues will sign Bozak to a 3 year deal, let the kids play out next year and take your chances with where you get a lottery pick in the draft. Dump salary at the TDL by moving veterans for pics and/or prospects and load up for the first real year of the new core's window.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Looking over your players scouting reports, contract status and such now. Give me a few minutes.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
So Dunn + Kyrou + Sobotka + 29th pick will catch Botterill's attention for ROR? I assume this would be the overpayment that would entice him to trade ROR + Bogo as a cap dump? I can't see the Blues doing that.

I think the Blues will sign Bozak to a 3 year deal, let the kids play out next year and take your chances with where you get a lottery pick in the draft. Dump salary at the TDL by moving veterans for pics and/or prospects and load up for the first real year of the new core's window.
I didn't really understand the addition of Bogosian in a trade with Stl honestly. The guy is negative value. No one wants him. I also don't think the pick has to be 29 if the Blues are ponying up a prospect of some worth (like Kyrou). Oh and as someone who's watched a lot of Tyler Bozak, stay the hell away. The guy is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Berglund is interesting, I have serious concerns about Fabbri's injury situation (you'd have to elaborate there), Barbashev, Sobotka, Blais, Foley and Sanford don't appear to meet the speedy LW'er for line 1 or 2 scenario that are ready to step in immediately.

So, based on early analysis, Berglund would be my only interest.

Reactions: stl76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad