Proposal: Parayko for ROR

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I am hesitant to lose ROR. His ability at the dot are just phenomenal. And Buffalo is creating competition with their defense with recent signings, although, admittedly, not on this scale.
Hmmmmmmm………...It is a fair offer. I would do the trade.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
This is actually one of the better proposals I've seen on the forum. Well done.

Would definitely be nice to have Parayko in our top 4, and would give us the makings of a very solid defense for years to come. With that said, I'm still a little apprehensive about trading O'Reilly at this point, as I don't know that Mittelstadt is ready to be the full time second line center.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
It's a fair deal. I think it's a bad idea though for the Blues to trade away Parayko, and I think it's a bad idea for buffalo to trade away ROR.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I’d swap berglund out for sobotka and not add Bogosian. As a blues fan bogosian has no value and I don’t want to take on the salary.

While this is a pretty fair deal I think in the end i would hold out and hope Edmonton does the parayko for draisatl deal. More offensively gifted than ROR.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
This is a deal for me.

I don't think it needs any tweaks, but any small adds on either side to balance it out, I'd be fine with. Nice job OP.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Parayko is a fave of mine - ok, you have my attention. Berglund at LW where we need help.

Interesting indeed.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Good proposal. Before Dahlin Id be all over this. After Dahlin, Id still do it. Buffalo would be solid on the back end and would just be looking for compliments to their many highly talented forwards. And a goalie.

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
Not interested in this in the least bit as a Blues fan. RoR is a fine player and all but Bogo is what ruins this deal. You can't count on him at all which considering the remaining depth the blues have on RHD is not a good situation to be in.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I am shocked that so many Buffalo fans like this deal. SHOCKED. :sarcasm:
At least it's just HF board talk, anytime you even mention a trade with Minnesota and Buffalo the Wild fans get a bit upset lol.
I still remember one posting "so this is how it feels to be bent over by a Buffalo" lol

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
This is one of the only offers I’d lean yes towards. Love me some Parayko. Adding Berglund to mitigate the gaping whole after trading ROR is fine with me.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Take out Bogo and add their 2nd rounder would make it a little better. Still not sold on moving Parayko for anything less than Draisaitl though. I guess it all depends on if the Blues can fill their 2RD with quality.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Something that was at least kicked around on the Blues board.

Parayko + Berglund

For

ROR + Bogosian

Personally I think it’s a hell of a lot to give up for ROR but the Blues have also put themselves in a position of desperately needing a top 6 C. Some Blues fans could live with it while others won’t trade Parayko unless it’s for the 2nd coming of Gretzky.

The reason for sending Berglund is mainly cap and the Blues have plenty of 3rd line talent, and the probability Thomas can hold down the 3C.

Bogosian isn’t going to replace Parayko but he fills the vacancy.

You misspelled "Draisatl".

I would trade Parayko, Berglund, Thompson, the 2018 WPG 1st, and a 2019 2nd to Edmonton for Draisatl and the rights to Darnell Nurse.

But there is no other player in the NHL, realistically speaking, that I would even consider trading him for.

Ok, I *might* be persuaded to deal Parayko to Buffalo for RoR at 50% retained...but we both know that's not happening.

In terms of dealing Parayko, it's Draisatl or bust.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
At least it's just HF board talk, anytime you even mention a trade with Minnesota and Buffalo the Wild fans get a bit upset lol.
I still remember one posting "so this is how it feels to be bent over by a Buffalo" lol
If only Parayko threads felt as good as getting bent over by a Buffalo. :laugh:

Take out Bogo and add their 2nd rounder would make it a little better. Still not sold on moving Parayko for anything less than Draisaitl though. I guess it all depends on if the Blues can fill their 2RD with quality.
IMO any potential ROR to St. Louis deal is structured around Dunn + 1st + prospect not named Thomas. This would depend on how the organization views Walman + Mikkola, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

If Buffalo fans want Parayko in the deal, AND for us to take Bogosian back, then I would ask for a significant add to ROR. Also, LOL at Bogosian "fills the vacancy" left by Parayko...woof.

For this particular "deal," I would ask for Buffalo to add their 2019 pick (top 5 protected). If the pick falls in the top 5, then St. Louis gets their 2019 2nd + 2020 1st (no protection). St. Louis adds a winger prospect like Blais.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014

Mayfield. That's the defenseman I would want DA to acquire if Parayko gets dealt. Would more than adequately compensate for the missing testosterone on the Blues' blue line. And he's capable enough defensively to open up Dunn's offense.

Reactions: simon IC

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Something that was at least kicked around on the Blues board.

Parayko + Berglund

For

ROR + Bogosian

Personally I think it’s a hell of a lot to give up for ROR but the Blues have also put themselves in a position of desperately needing a top 6 C. Some Blues fans could live with it while others won’t trade Parayko unless it’s for the 2nd coming of Gretzky.

The reason for sending Berglund is mainly cap and the Blues have plenty of 3rd line talent, and the probability Thomas can hold down the 3C.

Bogosian isn’t going to replace Parayko but he fills the vacancy.

I can’t see the Blues wanting to do this at any level.

Reactions: stl76

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Bogosian needs to be removed from the deal. I don't want him anywhere near the Blues. How about replacing Berglund with Sobotka and Buffalo adds a 2nd? So, Parayko + Sobotka for ROR + Buf 2nd? I am still hesitant.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I just can't see Edmonton trading Draisaitl for Parayko. Not with how the Hall for Larsson trade worked out for them. As an outsider that asking price seems far too steep and I love Parayko. Can't say I blame Blues fans for aiming for the stars though, good young defenseman are worth their weight in gold.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I think Parayko has more value than ROR, but if both teams are fine with it who am I to judge

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Mayfield. That's the defenseman I would want DA to acquire if Parayko gets dealt. Would more than adequately compensate for the missing testosterone on the Blues' blue line. And he's capable enough defensively to open up Dunn's offense.
Hmmm ….. interesting. So swap out Mayfield for Bogosian. You got me thinking … :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad