Proposal: Parayko for ROR

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't mean to derail this thread or bash Parayko, but i'm genuinely curious - are Blues fans concerned about Parayko's foot/lateral speed and at a lesser extent, his decision making? I only have a limited sample size, but the games i've seen he's been pretty inconsistent in his own zone and seems to have a lot of difficulty defending against speed (mainly thinking of games this year vs the Avs). Most likely just off-nights for him, I just haven't seen enough from him to make a clear assessment.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
As a Sabres fan - where do I sign?

Willing to add to the OP from our side. Also willing to switch Bogo to a McCabe type.

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
I don't mean to derail this thread or bash Parayko, but i'm genuinely curious - are Blues fans concerned about Parayko's foot/lateral speed and at a lesser extent, his decision making? I only have a limited sample size, but the games i've seen he's been pretty inconsistent in his own zone and seems to have a lot of difficulty defending against speed (mainly thinking of games this year vs the Avs). Most likely just off-nights for him, I just haven't seen enough from him to make a clear assessment.

If you think speed is any sort of issue with Parayko you must have a very short list of defensemen it isn't an issue for. That may be the last thing any Blues fan is concerned with regarding Parayko. His decision making is also fine, especially defensively. If Petro went down to injury for an extended time I wouldn't be the least bit worried about Parayko stepping in and filling that role. Parayko's biggest issue is that cannon of his shot needs to be a threat. A lot of that is on him getting it off quicker and more accurately but some falls onto a forward group that doesn't open the ice up well enough for the d-men.

Reactions: sfvega

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Playing four times a year against a D of:

Dahlin
Ristolainen
Parayko
Scandella

Wouldn't be nice.

But a forward corps of:

Eichel
Mittelstadt
Reinhart
Okposo
Alex Nylander

Would be eaten for breakfast.

Deal is good.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Done deal from Sabres side but you probably don’t want Bogosian unless we retain 50%.
McCabe+Girgensons is a better option.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Footspeed and lateral movement is not an issue for Parayko whatsoever. He's actually extremely fast especially his closing speed. As for decision making, I wouldn't necessarily say it's his decision making that I'm concerned about. It's more or less his tendencies to be too passive. He is such a prime candidate to break through just because of how hesitant he is offensively. Once he starts taking some ownership in the oz I'd watch out for him. Defensively he's fantastic aside from a little stretch at the end of the year last year of like 8-10 games where him and Dunn looked awful together for some reason.

bluemike

Nov 2, 2005
As a Blues fan, I'd much rather trade Parayko for Tavares' FA rights than O'Reilly.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
to St. Louis:
Ryan O'Reilly
Rasmus Ristolainen
Jake McCabe

to Buffalo:
Colton Parayko
Robbie Fabbri
Vince Dunn

Fine, I'll log off of NHL 18 now. EA sucks anyways.

bluemike

Nov 2, 2005
I just can't see Edmonton trading Draisaitl for Parayko. Not with how the Hall for Larsson trade worked out for them. As an outsider that asking price seems far too steep and I love Parayko. Can't say I blame Blues fans for aiming for the stars though, good young defenseman are worth their weight in gold.

Edmonton cannot afford to trade Draisaitl at this point. They won't have anything left up front if they do that.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
to St. Louis:
Ryan O'Reilly
Rasmus Ristolainen
Jake McCabe

to Buffalo:
Colton Parayko
Robbie Fabbri
Vince Dunn

Fine, I'll log off of NHL 18 now. EA sucks anyways.
I see your NHL18esque offer and I counter with this.

To Buffalo
G Jake Allen
RD Colton Parayko
RW Tage Thompson
LW Robbie Fabbri

To St. Louis
G Robin Lehner
RD Zach Bogosian
C Ryan O'Reilly
RW Sam Reinhart

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
ROR needs to find a permanent team/city to stay, no more cup of coffee stays. Although where he hasn't been in the postseason for several years, he will be fresh when the time comes.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There's no way I'd do this deal if I was the Blues. I'm surprised that so many people think it's fair.

If I'm dealing Parayko, I'm getting a true #1 center in return and ROR is too borderline for me, plus Parayko has a better contract.

Reactions: sfvega and Vektor

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
There's no way I'd do this deal if I was the Blues. I'm surprised that so many people think it's fair.

If I'm dealing Parayko, I'm getting a true #1 center in return and ROR is too borderline for me, plus Parayko has a better contract.
Majority of people who think it's fair are but fans

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Hard to say, even if RoR has more value which you could debate based on age/contract status/etc.., very good young RD come at such a premium . I don't see why St. Louis entertains the offer tbh.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
There's like one STL fan agreeing to this proposal in this thread. Rest are BUF fans.

As a neutral party, value isn't fair because of the rotting corpse of Zack Bogosian.

Reactions: 67Blues

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Edmonton cannot afford to trade Draisaitl at this point. They won't have anything left up front if they do that.

Agreed. Between McDavid, RNH, and Draisaitl the oilers have only three legit top-6 skaters. Beyond that, you're looking at a bunch of question marks and filler (can Pulju or Yamamoto step up? Can Lucic bounce back? Maybe somebody like Rattie, Caggiula, etc.??). You simply can't further dismantle that forward depth, even if it means picking up a very, very good young defender like Parayko.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Are you kidding?
His footspeed and reach enable him to compensate not only for his own mistakes, but the mistakes of whomever he's paired with. can't count the number of mind blowing recoveries he made last year, just when you think he's beat.
If there is an area for Parayko to improve, it is decision making. specifically, he hesitates. He just needs his confidence to grow to match that sizable frame. Once he learns to trust his instincts and commit instead of second guessing himself, he'll be a Norris winner.
But unless he returns Draisatl, he'd better be doing all that in StL.

Reactions: Colt55

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Done deal from Sabres side but you probably don’t want Bogosian unless we retain 50%.
McCabe+Girgensons is a better option.
I wouldn't want him if you retained 100% and threw in a case of sock tape. And to me, the sock tape has actual value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad