Panarin coming home?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Hope not. Don't care for Murphy, but Jokiharju and a likely top 1o pick next year is a lot to part with for one guaranteed year of Panarin. Especially when we all know we won't be competing for jack this year.

1000% with you on this.

I asked about this in main forum because nobody has mentioned about it. I think it's odd so I have to double-check the source (havent listen the show myself).

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I read from one Finnish article that Friedmann has told in Vancouver radio show that Bowman has offered 1st 2019, Murphy and Joker for Panarin. Is this legit?
Bowman better not give up our first if CC isn’t playing. In fact, I’d rather Bowman just wait the year out and pick up Panarin for free in the off season.

Reactions: migi

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Still not understanding the willingness to let go of Murphy on this forum. He's already a good defenseman and he's only going to get better IMHO. Cost controlled too. At worst he's a #4 locked into a nice contract

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I read from one Finnish article that Friedmann has told in Vancouver radio show that Bowman has offered 1st 2019, Murphy and Joker for Panarin. Is this legit?

That would be a terrible deal.

Can you link the article?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Interesting. Was he just estimating the cost or did he say the offer was there?

According to that article, the offer is on the table.

I’m waiting that someone clarifies this in main forum.. there is nothing about this in interner so have to think it’s fake. Hopefully it is.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
From a fake Friedman Twitter matter account saying it.

The real account is FriedgeHNIC not E that this mock account has.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If Stan has really offered that, I’m done. That is so bad even though we could afford losing Joker but I rather not AND that freaking 1st....

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Which part is not realistic? Debrincat getting 40 might be much but 35 goals is not even close to unrealistic.

It's possible but unlikely. I just can't see any kind of offensive surge coming - not with Q behind the bench. I do think Cat will score 40 goals at some point however.

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This would be the dumbest trade of all time.

1. Panarin wants a big deal next year. We still have to re sign him.
2. We're not contending this year. We can sign Panarin for free next year.
3. Panarin doesn't make the Hawks a playoff team. 2019 pick can be lottery.
4. We still need D. Joker is needed for the future.

I'd only do this deal IF it was Panarin for Conor Murphy, Brent Seanrook, and unprotected 1st round pick. Then we can re sign Panarin to a $9mn per deal and keep Joker. We'd still have money next year to after Erik Karlsson.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
How about this deal:

Hawks receive:
* Panarin

CBus receives:
* Murphy, Seabrook, and unprotected 1st round pick
* I hope CBus has $9mn in cap space
* If not, substitute Forsling for Murphy

Heck, we'll even take Urban Meyer off CBus' hands and give him a job at ILL.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
I would say no to this trade to bring Panarin back .Joker is a good cost controlled defenceman.Giving up 2019 1st round pick is totally ludicrous.I rather stay put and see how next years free agent forward crop folds.I dont think Columbus is good trade partner.I think Patches deal will come back into play as long we are patient and not give into Montreals demands of over pricing .I would trade Forsling ,One of our three russian forward prospects, 2nd 2019 pick and second 2020 pick

migi

Feb 25, 2015
No worries just trying to be clear.

The article which I posted implies that Friedmann talked about this in radio and that tweet is fake which provides info about trade pieces.

I’m sure it’s fake news and I’m glad but had to clarify.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
The article which I posted implies that Friedmann talked about this in radio and that tweet is fake which provides info about trade pieces.

I’m sure it’s fake news and I’m glad but had to clarify.
If that offer is on the table Panarin would be on his way to Chicago.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad